It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat earth theory?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Sleep easy, it is indeed satire. I must admit, when I first came across it I thought they were for real.

They have a great explanation for gravity - "Intelligent Pulling".

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

You asked me this under your previous screen name . . .
What?
No, I do not have "a previous screen name".
I opened this account on the 13th.
I do not have more than one account, and I have had the same name all along.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: suicideeddie

not very successfully though, www.bing.com...
This is something very heavily discussed inside the flat earth community.
Everyone is well aware of this, I would recommend that instead of just posting a link to a search, to actually read some of the hits that come up as results.

edit on 2018825 by LolliKum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 04:55 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

There are "uncharted oceans"? Maybe in whatever world you inhabit, not here on planet Earth, though.
How about maps from like 1200 AD?
Those are charts. The entire world was completely charted, that does not mean they really marked out and determined the exact locations of every point on those maps.
How do you think they were charted?
If you think pictures were taken from satellites of Antarctica then you are wrong.
What they call "satellite photography" is really U-2 spy-planes flying around taking pictures.
They are not going to fly one beyond like 58 degrees South.
edit on 2018825 by LolliKum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Has it ever been considered that the Earth does not exist?

edit on 25-8-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

. . . what makes you think that it is acceptable to mock people with such a disability?
I wasn't, I was mocking specifically you with cryptic questions that force me to read your mind.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

. . . observations and data to have it confirmed . . .
OK, here is the thing, there is a thing that is a theory that the earth is basically a sphere shape.
The problem comes when academics act as if it is not a theory but "proven fact".
People are now coming out and saying that there is no proof that the earth is a sphere, and in fact there is seemingly irrefutable evidence that the earth is definitely not a sphere.
Now, instead of some authoritative scientists coming forward and presenting proof, you just have basically trolls ridiculing the people making these new claims.
There was a TV show called Genius, where Steven Hawking was on it supposedly proving spherical earth and heliocentrism but the demonstrations in those episodes are demonstrably fake.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Hi, I don't have any new posts to answer, and probably the others on this thread are exhausted at this point anyway.
I am seeing paces where they are talking among each other that I am just trying to cause some drama or something.
Well, thinking about the replies I have gotten on this thread and the Fruitage of the Spirit thread, I think what I need to do is start my own flat earth thread.
In conjunction with that, I need to create my own flat earth YouTube channel so I can post videos of what I am talking about.
Really all I would be doing is to take snips of what others have said and make compilation videos from them, or if someone objects to that, have myself saying basically what they said.
So, I guess I am a sort of flat earth researcher but just researching on YT in other videos people make to comb out some interesting bits.
I have a YT channel already but it is just about Second Life, and mostly combat games within that broader game world. I have a channel that was dedicated to a now defunct combat group that I can re-brand for my religious studies.
Well, I already have a channel for that on Steemit but that is for specific bible interpretation, so fact based, of Greek word studies, rather than theoretical as one would be getting into regarding the earth plane and what circles above and what lies below in Hell.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: LolliKum

Post your flat Earth map with a scale.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04
Hi, thanks for your post.
I just watched a new to me video, and stopped it just now, 20 minutes into it.
This is for all the people who think I am just making stuff up and posting just for the fun of stirring up the pot.
You can see that what I have been posting on this thread is exactly what the flat earth researchers themselves have experienced through observation.
Watch at least what I just did, up to 20 minutes.
This will answer your current question exactly how I just did last night, or early this morning, depending on your time zone, in my post.
www.youtube.com...
To make a quick simple answer, you cannot either, make a map your own self and show how you determine the distance and what data you are basing it on, thank you very much before you start foaming at the mouth over your rage that I cannot either, or anyone else in the world for that matter.
There is actually a quote in the Old Testament in the Bible that says it is basically forever before anyone can determine the size of the earth.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

That's quite the volcano, mud or otherwise.

Comets from mud volcanos.

That's a new one.

Now then... Please explain to me, in your own words, how stars such as Polaris, are not visible from places such as Australia.

In all the FE threads, that question is never answered. Ever. How about you be the first?

edit on 8/25/2018 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Ignoring the question, or obfuscation, isn't a good sign.

Why not have the courage of your convictions, and answer the questions??

The Earth is flat, isn't it? So the answers should be easy to come up with, and to prove.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

In all the FE threads, that question is never answered. Ever. How about you be the first?

it has been actually... its all about the distance the eye can see

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

How is it, I missed that?

Must have happened after my eyes have glazed over...

I want to know where that incredible comet spewing volcano is.
edit on 8/25/2018 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Same as the Sun.
If you're in Australia you can see Polaris with a good telescope. Prove I'm wrong.

edit on 8/25/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

its on Valhalla...

defended by the easter bunny

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Tell ya what...

You pay my way, and I'll give it my best shot. I figure about four weeks should be sufficient. After all, I need to find just the right spot to set up the telescope...

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I'd have to come too. To make sure you're not lying.

What's a bit harder to explain is how, on a flat Earth, the elevation of Polaris corresponds to one's latitude. The math is hard. Trigonometry and stuff.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I hated Trig.

Forgot as soon as was humanly possible...which me being me, was practically instantaneously once I got the passing (barely) grade.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join