It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat earth theory?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: LolliKum

So hundreds even thousands of years ago they could make fairly accurate maps and you believe and want me to believe it's impossible today?
That is not what I was saying at all.
I am saying there were maps made in the far past of a earth that would look like it is complete though of course they were wrong, so saying that everything on earth is all charted is misleading because there would be a thing, a chart, and it might cover the entire world but there are places which we have almost no idea of how one lies in relation to another point.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Navigation is impossible.

Cool.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Your sources suck.
I was wrong about where I heard this, luckily I have started taking notes on videos I watch so I was able to look it up and instead of being on a Sunday Night Globebusters show, it was the people who are all part of Globebusters talking in the recent Canadian Flat Earth Conference. So it is in a video dated August 18, which I watched close to the other video, and the part where this is discussed it at one hour and thirty nine minutes into it.

You should copy the address to a new tab and watch in full screen to see what he was taking pictures of, which is the stars in the sky looking towards Polaris looking the same to him from the north in Europe to South America and it not being rolled up under the earth as he went along.
edit on 2018825 by LolliKum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Your sources still suck.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   

How did ancient mariners navigate?
They looked at how high the Sun is at Noon.
edit on 2018825 by LolliKum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Flat earth conference in Edmonton?!?

Sh!t... the morons are invading now

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Our perceptions "lie" on a regular basis. Demonstrate how the elevation of Polaris above the horizon corresponds to the latitude of observation. Draw a picture. It's easy.
Well, obviously this does not work because of reasons already stated, that you loose sight of the North star by being obscured by the atmosphere before it would be lost to sight from your imaginary curve so Latitude was determined by looking at the sun in the day because it is bright and you can follow it down to the horizon from places pretty far to the South.
You seem to not know very much about the universe.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I think it comes from a couple of freemasonry thing.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 01:17 AM
link   

You can’t see it because it’s not bright enough?! THAT’S your argument?!

I can now see why you believe in a flat earth.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

. . . because it’s not bright enough? . . .
It is not an argument, it is just the way things are.
If you have a foggy situation, what will you see first, a parked car or a moving car with its headlights turned on and heading towards you?
If you think one is not more visible than the other, then no argument in the world is worth making to you.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 02:56 AM
link   

it is just the way things are.

Only in a fake flat earth.

If you have a foggy situation

Fog wasn’t mentioned.

But don’t worry. You can continue to believe in both your sky daddy and your fake flat earth. Both are hilariously funny.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Damla
I think it comes from a couple of freemasonry thing.
The Spherical Earth theory comes from them, and the Jesuits.
This is a big conspiracy by those people, the Freemasons and the Jesuits, to control the masses and to not allow them to think for themselves but just follow whatever they tell them as the truth, unquestioningly.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Fog wasn’t mentioned.
What do you think stands between you, in Dover, and Paris, that might obstruct your seeing the Eiffel Tower?
edit on 2018826 by LolliKum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 03:00 AM
link   

to control the masses and to not allow them to think for themselves but just follow whatever they tell them as the truth

Says the person who uses YouTube as a source of “truth” and follows a religion.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: LolliKum

Fog wasn’t mentioned.
What do you think stands between you in Dover, and Paris, that might obstruct your seeing the Eiffel Tower?

That would be because of the curvature.

Fog doesn’t play a part in it unless it’s foggy.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 03:03 AM
link   

and speaks as if i said something else.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Damla

They just like twisting what people say and not answer direct questions.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 03:07 AM
link   

well. they are all game. i cant blame them.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Awesome, that has nothing to do with what I said, we don't need to have 100% of everything charted to have a map showing where Australia, Europe, North and South America are.

If your response is that it's impossible to know where those places are on flat Earth then you should rethink your position. I want a map with where those locations are please.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   

OK, here we go, it seems the spherical earth argument is to go back to 1492 technology, then you will believe.

So this is your answer to can you go outside and look up?

What? No, I do not have "a previous screen name". I opened this account on the 13th. I do not have more than one account, and I have had the same name all along.

Yet an identical thread and an identical question question asked when I asked if you can go outside and look up?

I guess its a coincidence

So, no thanks, on using a dime held up at arm's length to measure the size of the Sun. Here is another YT video showing how the sun shrinks at the horizon. The actual Sun video recordings starts at 3:41, right when he stops talking in the introduction.

Look stop being stupid.

I am not asking to hold a dime just to go outside... actually you know exactly what I am talking about, you did this last time.

can you go outside at midday and then just before sunset?

The sun when its close to horizon is bigger than its is when its directly above, It only looks bigger when it gets closer to the horizon because of the curved atmosphere covering the globe creates a magnification effect.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join