It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Mega Watt E-Cat Cold Fusion Device Test Successful!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Originally posted by yampa

Originally posted by Miccey
So how much would one cost me..??

I run a houshold and use aprox 25-30Kw/24Hrs, maybe more
if its a really cold wintersday.......

So, at 470kW/h for this unit, that's 15 of your houses? A small apartment building then.

Dunno how much it would cost. Looking through the list of stuff he has in there, none of it looks particularly exotic or expensive. The prototypes were very rough table top things that could not cost much at all.

But it's still only generating steam. That has to then be utilised by something that converts it into usable electrical energy - you will get some kind of loss there.
edit on 30-10-2011 by yampa because: (no reason given)

No that is not 15 houses, that is just over 1Kw/h (25-30/24), so about 440 houses.

Oops, you're right, sorry, I missed the 'per 24 hrs' bit. So yeah, back to a large apartment building then. (shenanigans excluded).

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Originally posted by Miccey
So at my end The E-Cat+Steampowerd generator at roughly 40kw
we are talking like 25-30k $.....

Thats half my yearly salary?!?!

40Kw/h should be enough for roughly 20 homes. So $2,500 per home, one time fee. Rossi says when this goes into production the cost will decline a lot, so that $2,500 will turn into $150. With the money you make after taxes in one day you will pay for all your electricity for years and years. I believe he is a fraud though myself.

Basicly what i need is a Generator at roughly 10Kw/h, a engine and a heatsource(E-Cat)....

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by fusionman
I have studied this technology for the last year and believe this technology to be real.

The process converts Nickel into Lead (requiring a Nuclear process). Gamma rays are given off, Nuclear!

You've studied this technology for the last year but you haven't observed any of the actual mechanisms? I didn't read the details until yesterday, but it's easy to see that your assumptions are wrong.

There are no gamma ray emissions.

This well written academic paper from Jan 2011 is an independent(?) study of the gamma ray emissions from the process(.pdf):
www.22passi.it...

This paper is written as if the investigation is independent. So if you think Rossi is a fraud, then this guy would also have to be included?

This paper also covers the apparent quantum heat engine mechanism - namely, the conversion of Nickel into COPPER. Not lead. There is no lead. There isn't even any apparent lead shielding on the device.

As Mauro Villa from Bologna University says in this paper - the input for the electrical heaters was ~1 kW and the output ~12.7 kW, as measured by the amount of water evaporated. If you were producing this much energy via a conventional nuclear process, the thing would be spouting gamma rays at such a level that it would be trivial to detect even with significant lead shielding. Mauro Villa concludes that the mechanism can not be via accelerated nuclear collisions.

This leaves one possibility - electromagnetic induction. Villa was not allowed to take a EM spectrum reading (the gamma ray detector was only allowed to count, not analyse) from the device, because this would reveal something about the material composition of the reactor. I will speculate that this is because there is no magic catalyst (although there may be sub-catalysts which enhance the power levels). I will wildly speculate that the 'magic catalyst' is actually in the control equipment that he is driving the electric induction heaters with? I bet he has worked out some kind of frequency or timing pattern to cause an induced form of reverse(?) electromagnetic nucleosynthesis. Electromagnetic effects in star generation are probably deeply underrated in their significance too.

☼ Maybe he has made tiny little controlled stars? ☼

edit on 31-10-2011 by yampa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
A simple look at the steam analysis shows that Rossi's power output measurements could be out by a factor of 7

Since the steam would be between 2 and 5 % water droplets.
To completely vapourise the water into so-called 'dry' steam would take 7 times more energy.
Rossi claims that ALL the water is converted into steam, and bases his figures on that premise.
Looks like the E-cat is out of the bag

ETA; Sorry to be so cynical, i do believe cold fusion is possible, but it must be repeatable in any lab around the world to be taken seriously.
edit on 31-10-2011 by playswithmachines because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Also, i think i know what his 'secret catalyst' is.
It's the micrograms of copper they found in the ash, to make it look like a nuclear reaction had occurred.
Oops

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
One more thing;
If i throw some Nickel Hydride batteries in the fire, will i get 6,000 times the energy out

It would certainly make a bit of a mess

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by playswithmachines

Are you suggesting that you can't thermocouple a device capable of heating large volumes of water to 100c? This is already a well established technology. Are you suggesting that Rossi, as well as potentially inventing a free energy source, should have spent a couple of years engineering a superheating boiler so it could more efficiently drive an EM turbine? I think you deliberately miss the point here.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahmonrarh
i didnt look through all pages, but below is a video link that's 25min in length, pertaining to the E-cat Device.

It's kind of funny to watch that video now.

They ask the question "why is Greece leading the world" in advanced energy technology like this and then go on to talk about the customer Defkalion.

Now that Defkalion has apparently bailed out or something, maybe Greece isn't leading the world? And the Defkalion representatives sounded so ambitious in that video, and excited about the technology. It really should make us wonder what could have happened to dissolve the relationship between Defkalion and Rossi.

I thought Rossi had a degree in engineering but that video says his degree was in philosophy, was that a translation error or was his degree really in philosophy rather than engineering? I'm sure he doesn't have a PhD so that's not the source of confusion.

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

the results of the tests are satisfactory to accept the delivery

that is pre-typed - before the test data was ` added ` in handwritten annotations
I also found that extremely odd.

Having collected laboratory data test myself and written up many reports as a result, I found the whole report somewhat irregular.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by yampa

My point is that several genuine engineers have pointed out that Rossi's energy calculations do not add up.
Please read the documentation provided at the beginning of this thread.
I have already stated that i believe in cold fusion, but Rossi has yet to show me evidence of it

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I am sure this has been stated before in this post, but I'd like to state it again. The 470 KWh generated was in Heat, not electricity. The hot water (presumably generated by the E-Cat) was sent to two large radiators that expelled the heat.

The steam was not put to use to run a load but the heat was dumped via two radiators, distilled, and circulated back into the system. When looking inside the plant, I noticed that one of the E-Cat units had a little steam escaping from the front of it. The top pipe in the back, which was closed, was for emergency cool-down, if needed. Each unit was run independently through a computerized control. The input and output temperature readings were recorded by computer, and the data will be provided to us probably later this evening or tomorrow morning. When I went by there, I think the input was measuring 19 C, and the output was 109 C.

source | PESN

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Goverment will not allow free energy they want money. But this is a good topic.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Goverment will not allow free energy they want money. But this is a good topic.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
I thought Rossi had a degree in engineering but that video says his degree was in philosophy, was that a translation error or was his degree really in philosophy rather than engineering? I'm sure he doesn't have a PhD so that's not the source of confusion.

According to this page, his degree is in "Philosophy of Science and Engineering", from

the University of Milan, with a dissertation on Albert Einstein’s Theory of Relativity and its interrelationship with Husserl’s Phenomenology.

He also has

a degree in Chemical Engineering from Kensington University, California (USA), thanks to the numerous professional credits earned there for the many registered patents he acquired since the first years of his professional career.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

the one revalation that lept out from that vid , for me at least was that focardi claims to neither know or even want to know what rossi`s aledged " secret ingredient " is - so much for science

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

As others have said: the customer required that the unit be entirely run as self sustained - the 2,635 kWh of energy generated over the 5.5 hours was entirely self sustained. i.e UNPLUGGED.

Here is a picture of that part of the report, note the 'Ratio between Energy produced and Energy consumed':

The external generator had to be unplugged *as a condition of sale*. The power readings released were actual work done, measured by the steam generated from the reactor. The average temperature of the water piped in was 18.3deg c, the average temperature of the steam out was 104.5deg c. The generation of steam is the same method used to drive turbines in the majority of industrial electricity production.

If you understand anything about the electromagnetic properties of nanoparticles, you will realise that this adds great credence to this experiment. Electrically heated nickel nanoparticles interacting with hydrogen gas is used here. This type of approach would be a good idea whether he's faking or not.

I haven't noticed any glaring errors in the report, but I'm no expert. The only argument here could be is - the customer is a fake too? Hard to say.. this is taking place in Bologna after all :0

The full customer report (warning: it's a .pdf):
www.nyteknik.se...

I'm sorry, but I have written quite a few customer-acceptance tests in my life, and have witnessed a LOT more, and if you call this so-called scanned piece of paper, a valid customer-test, I can tell you that none of my clients would ever have accepted that.... as well as all the spelling mistakes. It looks more like the work of a Grade-5 pupil, than that of any university-student, or heavens forbid, a university professor or an engineer....

edit on 31/10/2011 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellhound604

As others have said: the customer required that the unit be entirely run as self sustained - the 2,635 kWh of energy generated over the 5.5 hours was entirely self sustained. i.e UNPLUGGED.

Here is a picture of that part of the report, note the 'Ratio between Energy produced and Energy consumed':

The external generator had to be unplugged *as a condition of sale*. The power readings released were actual work done, measured by the steam generated from the reactor. The average temperature of the water piped in was 18.3deg c, the average temperature of the steam out was 104.5deg c. The generation of steam is the same method used to drive turbines in the majority of industrial electricity production.

If you understand anything about the electromagnetic properties of nanoparticles, you will realise that this adds great credence to this experiment. Electrically heated nickel nanoparticles interacting with hydrogen gas is used here. This type of approach would be a good idea whether he's faking or not.

I haven't noticed any glaring errors in the report, but I'm no expert. The only argument here could be is - the customer is a fake too? Hard to say.. this is taking place in Bologna after all :0

The full customer report (warning: it's a .pdf):
www.nyteknik.se...

I'm sorry, but I have written quite a few customer-acceptance tests in my life, and have witnessed a LOT more, and if you call this so-called scanned piece of paper, a valid customer-test, I can tell you that none of my clients would ever have accepted that.... as well as all the spelling mistakes. It looks more like the work of a Grade-5 pupil, than that of any university-student, or heavens forbid, a university professor or an engineer....

edit on 31/10/2011 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

Or perhaps somebody with English as a second language? The dude's Italian and speaks pretty broken English. There is nothing unusual about this.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

hi - it is accepted that domenico fioravanti , the aledged author of this report is italian - so is not a native english speaker , but there are more problems with the report than its english [ please read my previous post on this issue - and posts by others who are more qualified to address other issues ]

next up - there is a twist - who is domenico fioravanti ?

he is now portrayed as the engineer acting on behalf of the alledged customer

but :

Domenico Fioravanti is a NATO Colonel-Engineer:

Andrea Rossi
October 31st, 2011 at 9:12 AM
Dear James Bowery:
The dissipator has been designed by me and the person who leaded the test, an engineer of NATO ( a Colonel) who has 30 years of experience in thermopower plants and thermodynamical systems.

--Francesco 07:48, 31 October 2011 (PDT)

source

what ? - what sort of " customer " employs a consultant who has a reported vested intrest in the product under test ? - talk about conflict of intrest

further to this - 2 other issues

why is the report in english ? the identity of the aledged customer is not revealed - but if its a foreign entity - why would they rely on a local engineer for such a critical report ?

also - if as reported fioravanti is a " nato colonel " i would expect far better english .

lastly - who is " the colonel "

according to this post , by asts member reject

The customer's controller, one Domenico Fioravanti, apparently reports to a man whose title is "Colonel". This suggests that the mystery customer might be DARPA,

really ? - isnt fioravanti " the colonel " ?

read the report again
the title ` colonel ` has been obscured from fioravantis name

the obvious question - why would darpa use an italian engineer - not thier own in-house staff ??????

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

According to this page, his degree is in "Philosophy of Science and Engineering", from

the University of Milan, with a dissertation on Albert Einstein’s Theory of Relativity and its interrelationship with Husserl’s Phenomenology.

Oh wow, basically a degree with no job field. If I wanted to design a cold fussion device I would hire mechanical, nuclear, and electric engineers. I would consider someone with a philosiphy of engineering as a cheap alternative in my Human Resources department. I mean, they study engineers, maybe he could find me the right employees.

He also has

a degree in Chemical Engineering from Kensington University, California (USA), thanks to the numerous professional credits earned there for the many registered patents he acquired since the first years of his professional career.

DOUBLE OH WOW

Kensington University was forced to shut down by officials in California and Hawaii. It does not have accreditaion in the US nor anywhere in the world for that matter.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
lol yeah a guy with a fake degree - just the man to lead the way to the future

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

One Megawatt can supply up to 650 homes, this is truly amazing. You wouldn't need power lines anymore, you wouldn't need gas engines anymore. Because with that amount of power being released it's putting out more power than the whole lineup for the Indianapolis 500. You could add this system in your car and fill it up with water and you wouldn't have to worry about refuelling it for months if not a year. Then in regard to your house, it would be the same also. fill it up once every year or year and a half and have a self contained power source without wires coming to your house.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join