It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Mega Watt E-Cat Cold Fusion Device Test Successful!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
In your opinion how is the power of an attached generator to sustain a ONE MEGAWATT generator? If this is fake, than you need all the electricity of a town!

But 1 Megawatt was not produced, as the generator was not large enough!

But YOU ignore that the device run only to stabilize the reactor, and after it works in auto-sustained mode.

A claim made by someone convicted of and jailed for fraud.... so just why should they be believed?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

In your opinion how is the power of an attached generator to sustain a ONE MEGAWATT generator? If this is fake, than you need all the electricity of a town!

But 1 Megawatt was not produced, as the generator was not large enough!

But YOU ignore that the device run only to stabilize the reactor, and after it works in auto-sustained mode.

A claim made by someone convicted of and jailed for fraud.... so just why should they be believed?

497 kilowatts (1/2 Mega Watt) is not enough?

Disinfo run at the best....at full power! Right?

To mods: when the ignore button?

edit on 5-11-2011 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

497 kilowatts (1/2 Mega Watt) is not enough?

Well, that was the size of the generator that stayed connected and running....

Why avoid mentioning him being convicted and jailed for fraud? A known fraudster makes a claim, and some people believe it!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Excell data: www.nyteknik.se...

I notice that the temperature difference across the heat exchanger remained at ~70c until 20:00, when the data stops. Pretty wasteful to keep that big ole regular fuel power generator outputting the 'real' ~470kW for an extra 2:30 hours past the official end of the test?

First newspaper article I've seen from the UK, they are quite negative, and don't bother showing a picture of the multi-reactor etc:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

DiscoveryNews from the other day:

news.discovery.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by spoor

Wouldn't the experts that were present there during the test call them out on it and announce any suspicion of fraud to the press afterwards? Are you claiming everyone there was apart of it... or that they were too stupid to see what was going on... while you figured it out by watching a small video clip?

Might be hard to believe that the thing really worked as they said, but your theory is equally hard to believe.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Navieko

please supply the names of these attending experts

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Navieko

Wouldn't the experts that were present there during the test call them out on it and announce any suspicion of fraud to the press afterwards?

please name and list the qualifications of the "experts" that were present.

Might be hard to believe that the thing really worked as they said,

Why do they refuse to have it independently tested?

Doesnt the involvement of a convicted and jailed fraudster ring any bells with you?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

this unit under test was supposed to be a production unit - fit for operation - and alledgedly the one that will be supplied to the customer

at what point will it be disconnected from the genset ? - surely any test would demand it acts as a stand alone system

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I apologize... it said in the article on the OP that there were "engineers/scientists on hand to test/validate its performance". What I did was search for more mainstream news sources reporting the story, and I did find a few from the likes of MSNBC, Fox News, etc, but didn't actually check to see if they reported the same thing, regarding "engineers/scientists on hand". So that combined with the embedded videos showing a lot of people involved and what seemed like a legitimate press conference afterwards... I wasn't so easily convinced that it was a fraud.

After looking into the history of this convicted fraudster though, I'm leaning towards the reality that it probably is just another hoax...although an elaborate one.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Navieko
After looking into the history of this convicted fraudster though, I'm leaning towards the reality that it probably is just another hoax...although an elaborate one.

When you 'looked' into that history, did you just skip the evidence from the last couple of years, the academic papers and hours of documentary interviews with completely mainstream, uncontroversial scientists - all of whom are still compelled to continue gathering information on the reactor, and who are happy produce speculative theoretical physical models for the mechanism?

Sorry man, but no one in any of those interviews looks like a fraud to me. They all look like honest, intrigued people, and they all look like they have a significant technical background.

Do you generally just have your opinion on physical reality batted around between mainstream media babble and random speculation from strangers on internet forums?

Yes the mechanism could be a consistent fraud, obviously. But as you have said in your post, this would have to be an elaborate hoax. So where is the hoax?

There is enough evidence from the 470 kW h test to heavily suggest there were lots of real units boiling water. I saw with my own eyes a guy on the video touch a large red steam pipe valve and say 'yeah, it's hot'.
Just like there was a single unit heavily boiling water in the early ~Octobers tests, which I saw with my own eyes(on video). The boiler unit output a large amount of super hot looking pressurised steam and water when they vented it.

So it is improbable that this is an outright fraud. It would have to be an elaborate fraud. You can't fake boiling and evaporating lots of water, all you can do is lie about how it you boiled it. That requires you faux-skeptics (really just hecklers) to propose a mechanism used to fake both the large and the small tests.

If people here are real skeptics, then they would see this as deciphering an act of prestidigitation? Asking: 'how does the magician do his trick?'.

Heckling is not skepticism and relying on ad hominem as your primary method of attack makes you look like a dope. I don't care if he has a criminal record or not, I care whether he can vapourise 675 litres of water an hour or not.

edit on 5-11-2011 by yampa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by yampa

Thank you, thank you, very, very much for this video.
Constellation of stars!

Apology from US Navy Research Center!

The world owes Fleischmann and Pons a huge apology: The cold fusion technology they announced in 1989 -- which was blasted by arrogant hot fusion scientists as a fraud -- has been proven true once again by U.S. Navy Researchers. In papers presented at this year's American Chemical Society meeting, scientist Pamela Mosier-Boss presented data supporting the reality of cold fusion, declaring the report, "the first scientific report of highly energetic neutrons from low-energy nuclear reactions." Dr. Frank E. Gordon, Head
Navigation and Applied Sciences Department
Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center, San Diego".

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by yampa
Sorry man, but no one in any of those interviews looks like a fraud to me.

Then you must have missed Rossi - you do realise he has been convicted and jailed for fraud....

and they all look like they have a significant technical background.

and again you were fooled - Rossi simply bought his degree in Chemical Engineering from a drgree mill...

That requires you skeptics to propose a mechanism used to fake both the large and the small tests.

how about the continously running generator.... but you ignore that!

Some people just want to believe any fraud that comes along - Orbo springs to mind, Hoagland, Greer, hologram bracelets etc etc.
edit on 5-11-2011 by spoor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by spoor

Your opinion is clear, one time and for all.

Hope for the mods.....

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

reply to post by spoor

Your opinion is clear, one time and for all.

Hope for the mods.....

The proof is in the pudding... If it is not a hoax, and those devices that they delivered to the customers actually works, then pretty soon those devices will be found all over.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

please supply the names of these attending experts

Has it not occurred to you that things like the identity of the customer, the location of the plant and the identities of the engineering team are being kept secret for a good reason?

The bad guys watch sites like this one and PESN too, you know.

Publicly name the customer and the engineers, and you might as well put a giant bullseye over them and a huge sign saying "assassinate us now!!"

Publicly state the location of the power plant, and you might as well put a giant bullseye over it and a sign saying "sabotage this now!!"

Don't you guys ever look at things from the security perspective?

These people are taking sensible security precautions. Disclosing too much information too soon would put them and the power plant at risk unnecessarily.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I hope you plan to keep on updating this thread OP.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by cupocoffee

Has it not occurred to you that things like the identity of the customer, the location of the plant and the identities of the engineering team are being kept secret for a good reason?

I just noticed that this video, in the first few seconds, shows a very smartly dress lady in black with what appears to be a security guard in front of her. He seems to wave the camera away when it focuses on them. Wonder if that's the customer?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by cupocoffee

The inventor carries the most risk. My point is such inventions are never made public until after successful commercialization.

More than assasination is the risk of theft of technology.

Mr Rossi is very much in public eye. As his 'invention' is path-breaking, the fact of his public 'tests' flies in the face of logic.

Why would any inventor care so much about what public knows or thinks?

Big power companies are capable of throwing billions (not even millions) on viable ideas.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by yampa

I just noticed that this video, in the first few seconds, shows a very smartly dress lady in black with what appears to be a security guard in front of her. He seems to wave the camera away when it focuses on them. Wonder if that's the customer?

omg WIB instead of MIB

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by yampa

You really believe this guy managed to create cold fusion. First it defies the laws of physics. So we would have to throw out everything we know about particle physics. Since its been right so far that's a lot we would have to throw out. In order for fusion to occur two nuclei have to fuse together. Sounds simple right but nuclei don't like each other they both have a positive charge. Now to get them together you have to get them close to each other allowing the strong force to take over. There is to ways to do this heat and speed. If you get them hot enough they become so active that they smash together. And obviously the other method a particle accelerator.

So the problem with fusion is it takes more energy then then the reaction actually produces. Unless you have a lot of fuel to waste such as the sun for example then its not practical at all. Now the funniest part is he shows a generator in the video and amazingly happens to get the output for a standard backup generator. Now if by some strange reason he did actually do it its going to throw out over 100 years of science and were back to square one. So what do you really think the odds of that are??

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join