It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Dozens' of Women Vanish From Canadian Wilderness

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker11

I can't help but feel the same way! I don't see a plot ,but a very unfortunate set of circumstances that leads to bad things

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
You would be looking for a 53+- trucker. Racism has nothing to do with it. He would be reconizable by the locals and seen as a quiet but normal guy. Chances are he has a family. He is from a broken home and his father was an abuser,. He was a loner as a teen, few people knew him well. His mother likely died in her thirties,

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
43? Over three decades? And we (only) hear about this now when a 'white' woman 'goes missing?'

This is frightening on so many levels.

It's got some real ugly racist undertones if the target is in fact Aboriginal women.

As for missing woman Madison Scott, police are keeping quiet about the investigation. They say there is no indication that Scott is a victim of foul play, or that she was hitchhiking when she disappeared. “We haven’t ruled anything out, but there is no indication [her disappearance] has anything to do with Highway 16,” said RCMP Sgt. Rob Vermeulen. “It is a mystery. There is no evidence of what happened to her.”

There's 'no indication' this woman's disappearance has anything to do with the 'Highway of Tears' - confirming it's easy to assume the killer or killers are targeting Aboriginal woman.

peace

www.newser.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 11-7-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

I'm usually one to not agree with racial conspiracies, but this is a little strange. And the fact that it even says in the article that it was a while women's disappearance that sparked intrigue is a little off the wall.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I'm just going to give my opinion on this.

One... I don't think the killings themselves are racism; Indian women are the majority of women up in htat area, so it would strike me as just being a result of demographics rather than targeting.

That said... Had they been white women, the area would be swarming with police and national security forces, looking for whoever killed these people. All three North American states have serious issues about Indians; here in the states, half the people think we're dead and the other half wish we were. Police response to problems plaguing Indian communities - on or off the rez - is almost completely nonexistent.

And whoever's doing the killings is certainly aware of this.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

A majority of the women are indeed Native American therefore I think this is racially motivated for the most part. Could be someone who thinks if they start knocking off all the women, the men won't have their women to breed with. Someone/s has got a gudge against them. Racially motivated killings are usually denied by mainstream until judicial process when it comes out.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Later this month, officials from the Missing Women Commission of Inquiry, which was formed to look into police misconduct involving Canada’s most prolific serial killer Robert Pickton, plan to visit four northern cities to gather information about the disappearances and murders. Some say it is too little too late, and are calling for a separate inquiry into the RCMP’s handling of the highway murders and disappearances.

Mary Teegee, the director of child and family services for Carrier Sekani Family Services, said that police have made efforts, but they still need to step it up. “There is a long history where people have felt they can’t trust the RCMP,” she said. “We haven’t felt supported and there is a long way to go. With this case they have made efforts. There have been baby steps made.”

Highway of Vanishing Women

Thanks for the post. A lot of these missing women are just teenagers. My main suspect here is someone who roams that highway regularly. A cop and a trucker will fit that criteria perfectly.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I'm just saying I don't think the motive is "them gaw-durned injuns, i'mma show them what good!" Now, if this were happening to Indian women in, sya, Vancouver, where a person would have to specifically make a point of targeting that community, yes. Up in hte mountains though? No. The racism involved here is the perpetrator knowing that the carlessness of hte police towards indians allows for "easy pickings."

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Too bad communities can't work together to lure and trap the killer.

Who would be the bate?
A tough guy, marine maybe, posing as a defenseless woman, where others lurking in the bush are ready to pounce the creep.

If the law isn't protecting the people then the people need to take the law into their own hands.

Are there still acting Native American Chiefs in Canada that can work out a plan to protect their daughters?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Why does the race card come out in every ATS thread nowadays? Maybe there's a killer who has a preference, who might not be racist at all. Just because one group is targeted more than another doesn't mean there's something "racist" about it. When I was a swingin single, I preferred dating white women although I dated a few black women as well. I am white. My dating preferences do not make me "racist".

Jeez louise.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

When a serial killer has a peference for a particular race not of his own.....thats called racially motivated murder. Do I need to explain it any further?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Wow excellent post TS. starred and flagged.

It's amazing i've never heard of this before. But I'll have to do some more research. Because there's a big difference between 16 woman in 30 years and the alleged 43? Unless that has been proved to be a true number? My guess would be it lies somewhere in the middle.

Either way something should be done about this. Set up a special task force, criminal profilers, and at last resort, although I don't believe in them , I've seen psychics come up with some extremely accurate information on Cold Cases.

I hope they find the person/people responsonble for these crimes.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

The voices that aren't getting heard are suggesting that the reason there is a race being targetted is that less attention is being given, for if it were 40-300 white women, there would be a huge public outcry. The RCMP, Judges, even Native Affairs itself is said to be complicit, so this is a well organized victim selection and a sell out.
I myself belief this is being carried out from high levels, for very sinister reasons, that this is what is running our world. This kind of sick corruption.

That Natives and Communities need a strong strident voice. Also some Groups policing since we can't trust the ones doing it.

They preying on the ones who are often overlooked, and its horrendous. That this is the state of affairs in this day and age, in something in itself that needs to be addressed, for race should not even be on the table.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

43? Over three decades? And we (only) hear about this now when a 'white' woman 'goes missing?'

This is frightening on so many levels.

It's got some real ugly racist undertones if the target is in fact Aboriginal women.

>>>>>>There's 'no indication' this woman's disappearance has anything to do with the 'Highway of Tears' - confirming it's easy to assume the killer or killers are targeting Aboriginal woman.

link   
www.canada.com...

The aforementioned investigator (a former RCMP) was "asked" by the RCMP to stop investigating......

I'm doubting it's sasquatch

link   

Because it's often a factor, no matter how desperately you want to keep your head in a warm, moist hole and ignore that.

Nice avatar, by the way, I'm certain it's based off the guy's policies.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

43/30 is about 1.4 persons per year. Who cares. Seriously. Try being a white woman in Atlanta and see how long you last.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
everyone commenting on the few amount of women are focusing on the abduction/murders of the women on that small stretch of highway. This goes beyond that, it's a nationwide issue that's been covered up for years and years and years. If the Highway of Tears is the catalyst into the investigation of the rest of the missing First Nations people then power to those who are researching.

My husbands mother went to the residential schools. You would not believe the stories that come out of those who lived through those, not to mention the long term effects on their communities and families. This is a huge deal that needs to be dealt with and completely uncovered. All the government keeps doing is repressing them and throwing money at them.....

obviously not helping.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I am guessing there are other areas like this in other parts of canada and the United States.There are many reasons why people go missing and being murdered by serial killers makes up a large presentage of these cases.There must be many serial killers out there that have never been caught.Each serial killer had developed different techniques of abducting people over the years.Some serial killers may just target backpackers or hitchhikers.Other serial killers may use any oppertunity to abduct people from areas,including special events,parties,weddings,garage sales,markets and so on.Other serial killers target pacific locations where women would visit the most like,camping spots,resturants,shops or public toliets.Some serial killers may use there employment to target women like,police,toe truck drivers ,camping tours or taxi;s.Other serial killers may just lay in wait to see who comes past and then take the oppertuity to abduct them.In the past police have used profilers and psychics in the help to find bodies and possible serial killers.Then what type of serial killer do we have in this pacific area.A white male between the ages of 40-60 who may have his own faimly.He works away alot and has employment that puts him right in the public zone.Has not got many freinds and likes camping or hunting.Has plenty of guns and ropes a a number of vehicals including a pickup ,small truck or old suv.He might work in the logging area or the foresty.This person would have alot of cuts and scratchs on his hands.He may buy new cloths and boots all the time to replace the blood stained ones from the victims.He is always cleaning out his car and changing vehicals all the time.My guess the serial killer picks up hitchhikers or people walking along the road.This is one of the main methods serial killers use.I hoped ever one enjoyed my profile of a seral killer.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The link below shows many photographs of the missing women. As you see, many of them are not native Canadian. The articles I have read indicates the victims ratio are about half Native Canadian, and half white Canadians. (Sorry if that's a faux pas, I don't know how else to refer to them).

Also, the name Leland Switzer comes up often, as a suspect. He is possibly in prison now for murdering his borther. Notice the girls are very youthful, late teens, twenties, and early thirties. His "type?" or because of opportunity as the younger women may have a tendency to be isolated while hitchhiking.? He's “working” the area?

There is a brief description under the victim's photographs, giving age, and where the body was found, mostly on Highway 16, or nearby. I will google a couple of the girl's names later, to see if I can find out any specifics about cause of death, or the condition of the body when located.

Link: Take a look at these photos, and see if you notice similarities.

www.highwayoftears.ca...

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join