It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you eat meat if animals could talk?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
The question is rather simple: Would you eat meat if animals could talk? This question is targeted at all the Omnivores and Carnivores on ATS.

If a cow being taken to slaughter house could scream in agony and plead for its life do you think the slaughter house workers could murder the cow? What if a chicken could cry and beg you to spare its life when they know they are going to be murdered would a farmer kill them? Would you still eat meat fully knowing that these animals can beg and plead for mercy and their life?

In my opinion I could not eat that meat knowing that animal was screaming and pleading before its death. I’m sorry but I just couldn’t morally do that.
How do you know there not?

Go to a slaughter house and watch how peacefully the animals accept being mistreated at the very least and what they do when they are killed.

If you want to get a DEEP feeling for how an animal feels at time of death go to an horse slaughter house,most horses will look direct to the person that kills them as to expect help.

The way the poster presents this post and responds to comments I feel it is a HOAX.I think your getting your kicks on the responces you are getting.

This is the best post yet to see who we as species really are,what with all the reasoning and excuses to kill something.Read every post,some of you might get it.

edit on 16-11-2010 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
6:23 mark. Interesting if this were so...

and then the explanation

edit on 11/16/2010 by acegotflows because: adding a link

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
To all of you that reply, yeah sure, I don't care, they're just dumb animals and not worthy of mercy, kindness or respect.

I grew up with cows, sheep, chickens and two peacocks (oh forgot the geese and rabbits).

Yes these "animals" cannot do math, read, or hire an attorney.

But, they feel emotions, much more than some of the posts I have read here today.

Shame on any of you that while you are so jack ass smart have no heart, no compassion, no empathy.

Maybe, next lifetime you will be born into the body of a calf, torn from it's mother, shut up in a crate and fed a anemic diet so you can end up on some fat richman's dinner plate.

How many of you have raised cows, sheep, chickens, rabbits and geese? I mean go out every day and feed, water and clean their barns out, talk to them, have them nuzzle you and look into your eyes - there is a intellegence there, granted they can't do algebra (neither can I) but they are emotional creatures never the less and yes, I have interacted on a daily bases with them.

btw: I always got double the milk from my girls because I would talk to them and scratch & pet them. Our cows liked Elvis Presley's "Can't Help Falling In Love With You"...............their favorite song, always produced buckets of milk.

I've also seen a cow (Molly) stand over her still born calf and cry................yes cows can cry and be depressed.

Any of you out there that say "their just stupid dumb animals and not worth mercy or compassion" need to work at a animal sanctuary or small farm.

Meet your meat if you have the balls. I dare you.

I find it sad that a cow's favorite place to be scratched is right where they put the stun gun.............and a lot of times it's not turned up all the way for a quick and painless death.

If you are going to eat meat, please go organic and free range and boycott factory farms.

edit on 16-11-2010 by ofhumandescent because: grammar/spelling

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Although it would be quite hard to do... I still would. Why? Because humans have to consume protein to survive and I'm not talking protein from nuts, it's a proven fact that vegetarians and vegans can have many health issues from not eating meat... even a lower lifespan.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Leave us meat eaters alone. I am going to buy the meat that is the best cost, and I am going to eat. If they did have emotions, they don't have them when they are sitting on my plate.

As far as eating free range, if farmers can figure out how to do this without raising the cost, i am more than willing.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Animals can talk and they do scream for their lives before slaughter. The problem is that the workers only understand human language and don't view the sounds as simple animal noises. Anyone that owns pets or works with animals closely for a long time knows they do indeed talk in their own way.

And no, I do not eat meat. Even if I had no ethical reasons, I do not like the taste regardless.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by russ212

Have you compared the cost? I don't pay that much extra for free range and organic.

Second line.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Don't forget that many here are children, and sadly children are both arrogant and ignorant. So I wouldn't take to much from they're just stupid animals I'd still eat meat anyway, this is classic kid talk for I don't wanna look like a sissy for saying I'd have sympathy. Don't involve yourself with the immaturity instead look for the more intelligent posts to respond too. Also I agree with the last part of your post and people should really look into where the meat comes from, some places are extremely cruel with how they deal out death to their cattle, chickens, etc. I'm a meat eater and always will be but I believe in a thanking process for every meal and to thank the animal for the sacrifice it made for us to survive, the circle of life should never be taken lightly or we could be the next main course.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I have a question for you...would you eat plants if they could speak? What is the difference in taking an animals life to feed your own, vs taking a plants life?

Next time I see you leaving a store with a hemp jacket perhaps I'll consider throwing some paint on you. The logic of this argument is flawed!

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by russ212

So what your saying is you eat awful meat. I'm also a meat eater and like to enjoy the better quality meat because you can really taste the difference, the PriceRight meat and the SaveAlot meats are pretty damn awful. I'll pay the bit extra to know where my food comes from... and to know EXACTLY what type of meat I'm eating.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

Don't forget that many here are children, and sadly children are both arrogant and ignorant.

Don't forget, DELICIOUS!

Veal?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowfoot

I absolutely agree with that I think vegetarians often forget that plants are just as alive as everything else and they try to look at it as a less barbaric conquest when in all actuality it's all the same.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I love veal.

2nd line.

Also are you saying children are delicious? lol

edit on 16-11-2010 by NoJoker13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Would I eat an animal if it could talk? Yes.

A man has to eat. Every living thing on this earth is part of the food chain and eventually fall victim to recycling process. There are animals out there that will eat man, despite the fact that we talk.

OP, would you eat plants if they could talk?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowfoot
reply to post by Misoir

I have a question for you...would you eat plants if they could speak? What is the difference in taking an animals life to feed your own, vs taking a plants life?

Next time I see you leaving a store with a hemp jacket perhaps I'll consider throwing some paint on you. The logic of this argument is flawed!

I once had a "Karmic Free Meal" with some Hare Krishnas.

They don't eat anything that kills the plant. No roots, etc. Nothing has to die to create the meal.

The meal was pretty good. They also have a stipulation that they never refuse food to anyone. If you are ever starving, seek out some Hare Krishnas!

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

LOL!

I don't know if they are delicious, but they look like they would be!!

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Well said. I applaud your comments and sentiment. Unfortunately, it's often the animals that are brighter than their torturers!

If everyone was made to watch Earthlings (www.earthlings.com...), and had to see it in the flesh, I doubt many would be meat eaters.

As the well coined phrase goes... 'If slaughter houses had glass walls everyone would be a vegetarian'

Personally, as it goes, I eat meat, but I buy free range and organic, and if the farming practices and way of life got rolled back a 100 years or more. I'd choose to have my own livestock, raise it kindly and kill it quickly and with as little suffering as possible. Unfortunately, man has travelled in the wrong direction for too long, and population numbers and money have taken us to a place which is hard to rewind. It's extremely sad we don't exist in harmony with our fellow earthlings and take care of the world.......

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
They don't eat anything that kills the plant. No roots, etc. Nothing has to die to create the meal.

Wouldn't eating fruits/vegetables be synonymous with eating a newborn animal? The plant doesn't die, but it's offspring does.

Just sayin'

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

I'm not sure, but maybe they don't eat seeds either? You can eat a fruit without eating its seed. It sure does limit your menu! No beans, no roots, no animals, etc.

I guess you can trim a stalk without killing the plant, and you can eat the flesh of a fruit without eating the seed. I'm not a Hare Krisha, but I was invited to a meal and it was pretty good. Very similar to Indian Cuisine, which I love.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ckitch

As the well coined phrase goes... 'If slaughter houses had glass walls everyone would be a vegetarian'

We were talking about this just a couple of days ago! My Mother, and my Mother-in-law both remember being sent out to wring a chicken's neck as kids. It was perfectly normal to go out, scoop up a chicken, swing it around by its head until its neck snapped, and then pluck, skin, cut and fry it up for dinner that night!

Nowadays, neither one of them can imagine doing such a thing, and they can't even begin to fathom sending their grandchildren out to do it.

What changed so drastically? Are we really that finicky, clinical, and weak-minded now? Will we be able to change back in a flash if the need arises?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join