It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you eat meat if animals could talk?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
The question is rather simple: Would you eat meat if animals could talk? This question is targeted at all the Omnivores and Carnivores on ATS.
>snip

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
What do you mean if they could talk, they talk but we don´t understand them. Im pretty sure if you stick a knife into a cow it will scream, but it won´t be in a language we can understand.

Mmmm, Hamburgers.......

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Well, I'm pretty sure that given the horrendous situations in meat-factories and industrial farms, the cows were screaming, during every part of their life; the chickens too; and the pigs. They were all screaming in misery and pain. We call these screams moans, wimpers, oinks, clucks and moos, but essentially that's what they are. Just because screaming entails the human phonological apparatus (the voice box) doesn't mean animals don't have their own method.

Pretty sure this is not how your gramma ran her farm. Enjoy your chickadoo slury.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
If animals could talk, we would live in a different Universe. That Universe does not apply to this Universe.

Besides, if animals could talk, people would probably do a lot more to animals than eat them. Unspeakable things.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

You are ridiculous. You don't like vegetables? There's more vegetable variation in the world than meat variation (chicken, beef, fish, shellfish, lamb, and pork). Many people limit their consumption. And, before those of you scream about venison and elk and capivara, for all I care, I'm talking specifically about mass produced meats that are the only kind found in grocery stores, the only kinds (if that many) that the average person in western society will eat. The only kinds that factory farming is concerning itself with for profit and at the cost of totally destroying the environment.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
It's true, a pride of lions doesn't consider anything in regard to the nature of the wildebeest, zebra or antelope they attack, kill and eat. So? What does this mean in relation to humans killing and eating animals for food? Simple answer: "We are carnivores too."

Okay, but remember that anthropologists say that "we" became what "we" are when "we" learned to hunt, kill and eat animals. That means that becoming carnivorous affected not simply brain size, but more importantly psychology. The civilization humanity has created is a result of that psychology. Why bother to criticize any part of that civilization then?

For example banking syndicates, Secret Societies, the Illuminati, Zionism are all prides of lions, exclusive unto themselves, the kings of their jungle. They see those outside the exclusiveness of their group as cattle. The cattle do all the hard, monotonous work, grazing and transforming vegetation into energy stored in their muscles while the Lions lay around dozing and playing until hungry. Then, through cunning, cooperation and sudden bursts of speed and aggression they pick out the weakest and slowest of the herd and sacrifice them for their own benefit.

These elite groups are simply obeying the carnivore imperative. So why criticize them then, and would most of the critics join them in a ready heartbeat if they were offered an invitation? This is what I question.

Yes, and conspiratorial thinkers are accused of being schizophrenic to suspect that there really are such groups in existence. Because it appears that the average person (in the West anyway) has the freedom to enjoy all privileges if he keeps his/her eye on the ball and works hard. But also cattle may believe the farmer is their benefactor too and that the fencing around them is protecting them from predators.

edit on 15-11-2010 by Golden Rule because: addition of supporting video.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
ON second thought I'd have fun with it...Muwahahahahaha

" It puts the seasoning on it's skin then into the basket!"

edit on 14-11-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

ahhhh hahaha, dude that is classic. Thanks for the laugh.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Animals can talk...like the hillbilly said when the ventriloquist claimed he was going to make the animals talk at the carnival...
" If that sheep there down on the end of the line says anything about me its a lier!"

Animals have been speaking and getting eaten since long before man came along...
BTW, what do you think happens when a bear or a lion eats a man...?
oh! He said "STOP"!
ha ha, NOT!

(have you ever seen " No Country For Old Men"? )

edit on 15-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Hey to all you vegans out there. Especially male vegans. Watch your soy intake while on your quest for protein. Soy mimics estrogen and large quantities are not good. Meat!! Go meat!!

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
What about the guy who sent the macaw up srom South America to his dad in the US--then phoned up and said, "Hey dad, what'd you think about that bird." And the father said, "Yeah thanks it was delicious!"
"You ate it," said the son, "...why that was a rare talking bird that could speak 3 different languages."
And the father said, "Well he should've said something."

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
If they talk then their brain is developed enough to allow that meaning we'd have to reevaluate a bunch of societal perspectives on animal rights and human beings, etc. So yeah, it's entirely theoretical with no basis in reality whatsoever and if it were real then everything else would be different as well.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Since my own daughter became Vegan then turned Vegetarian I have become alot more aware of what really goes on in many abattoirs and quite frankly so many of them are an international disgrace. The only country in the world that has cleaned up abattoirs is New Zealand.

Although I still eat meat I'm careful where I purchase it (what abattior it comes from) including now buying free range eggs.

There are plenty of YouTube videos of what goes on in many abbattoirs of the inhumane treatment of our livestock and it will shock many of you.

Would I consume meat from animals if they could communicate with humans? Probably not but at least I'm doing my bit to become alot more wary now.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

you are quite correct if you talking about processed soy that they use to make milk and tofu as well as an additive to pre packed foods chocolate and everthing else that has soy lecithin as an ingredient.
processed soya has not been fermented so you get all the bad stuff associated with it if you eat large quantities of it. However fermented soya has no active or very little phytoestrogen. So please stop going around telling half truths about something in which clearly you know nothing of.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

But think of the plants. They do nothing but good for us yet we eat them! How barbaric!
edit on 16-11-2010 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
reply to post by rusethorcain

But think of the plants. They do nothing but good for us yet we eat them! How barbaric!
edit on 16-11-2010 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

The only difference between us and animals is our capacity for speech. If you would eat speaking animals you may as well eat humans...Why would I imagine some of you would even stop at humans? Silly I guess.

"I believe that when man evolves a civilization higher than the mechanized but still primitive one he has now, the eating of human flesh will be sanctioned. For then man will have thrown off all of his superstitions and irrational taboos." —Diego Rivera[17]
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Um, pardon me, but what's wrong with eating dead humans? They're dead. I certainly wouldn't mind if some people decided to eat the flesh of dead humans.

What about fish? Is it wrong to kill and eat fish? Is it wrong to kill an ant or cockroach or rat?

If anything, killing plants is silly because they give us oxygen.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Eat what you want.
Just helps me to know what type (read: level) of "human" each of you are.
This is from an unrelated link but you get the idea...

First there's the most primitive of our brains, sometimes referred to as the "reptilian brain" because we share it in common with reptiles like alligators and komodo dragons.

The reptile brain has a singular focus: survival. It doesn't think in abstract terms, and doesn't feel complex emotions. Instead, it's responsible for fight-or-flight, hunger and fear, attack or run.
It's also non-verbal - you can stimulate it with the right words, but it operates purely at the level of visceral stimulus-response.

The second brain is one we share with the animals that came along after reptiles - mammals.
The mammalian brain - sometimes referred to as the Limbic Brain because it extends around and off of the reptilian brain in a dog-leg shape that resembles a limb - handles complex emotions like love, indignation, compassion, envy, and hope. Anybody who's worked with animals or had a pet knows that mammals share these emotions with humans, because we share this brain.

While a snake can't feel shame or enthusiasm, it's completely natural for a dog or cat.
And, like the reptile brain, the mammalian brain can also be stimulated indirectly by words, and is also non-verbal. It expresses itself exclusively in the form of feelings, although these are more often felt in the heart than the gut.

The third brain - the neocortex ("new" cortex) - is something we share with the higher apes, although ours is a bit more sophisticated. Resting over the limbic brain (which is, in turn, atop the reptilian brain), our neocortex is where we process abstract thought, words and symbols, logic and time.

www.commondreams.org...

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Bull#. It's like that nonsense like you're either left brained or right brained, analytical or creative. People are capable of both if they really wanted to. All you need is practice of both, thinking outside of the box as well as thinking critically.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by loner007
reply to post by jibeho

you are quite correct if you talking about processed soy that they use to make milk and tofu as well as an additive to pre packed foods chocolate and everthing else that has soy lecithin as an ingredient.
processed soya has not been fermented so you get all the bad stuff associated with it if you eat large quantities of it. However fermented soya has no active or very little phytoestrogen. So please stop going around telling half truths about something in which clearly you know nothing of.

There are far more negatives than positives linked to soy. Study it. It's a cheap and easy to grow crop that is heavily subsidized. To make it even edible/usable, it has to be heavily processed via fermentation, chemical extraction and high temperature. Seems like a simple crop grown on a farm shouldn't require so much work to make it edible.

You've been hoodwinked by the Soy giants!! Monsanto, Cargill, Soy Life. Soy is cheap and easy to grow which means big profits for the companies who are inventing new ways to use it and process it more cheaply.

Soybeans contain extremely high levels of Phytic acid, a nutrient blocker, which is hard to reduce in soybeans.

Simple whole foods should not require this much processing if they are so good for you. I'll stick to my local green grocer for my natural produce and whole grain needs.

Highly fermented soy is only available as miso or tempeh and most people are not familiar with it in this form. Die hards are but not the average consumer.

I won't even get into isoflavones and their effect in this off topic post. We are still learning much about this heavily genetically engineered cash crop!!! that will grow anywhere. Hmmm!!!!

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I thought I heard voices after i had Chinese food. No wait, somebody just stuck a cat up my @$$.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join