It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you eat meat if animals could talk?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I used to like you.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Would I eat something that talked to me? Hell no. To put it simply..

I would be a vegetarian, or eating an animal that couldn't talk.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Probably so. I mean I eat other living things like plants after all, no need to be hypocritical about it. I would certainly eat a cat or dog in countries where they eat them.The only truly humane option is to absorb energy directly from the sun. I guess plants are the most evolved biological systems.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

So you don't like other people because they don't share your views?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Oh, come now, we can't let barbecue sauce and a joke get in the way of friendship!!!

The ugly truth be told... I release spiders outside rather than killing them because I can't stand the idea of killing for no reason! There, see, now guys can flame me, but our friendship can remain intact!

I do, however, eat meat! I'm sorry, but it's yummy and I get hungry!

~Heff

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   

I understand your point, and I agree, I am hungry and cow tastes good. I wouldn't really care if it could talk or not. It's freaking food. Do these people think that lions attacking water buffalo care whether or not they can talk or have families? No, they know that a water buffalo is food and they eat.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000

So you don't like other people because they don't share your views?

I tolerate people of different views and tastes.
I don't like people who make a joke out of killing innocent creatures.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

I understand your point, and I agree, I am hungry and cow tastes good. I wouldn't really care if it could talk or not. It's freaking food. Do these people think that lions attacking water buffalo care whether or not they can talk or have families? No, they know that a water buffalo is food and they eat.

This is automatic reptile thinking not compassionate mammalian. Proud of yourself?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
NO!?!?!?!?!?!
2ND
S&f

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Hey but look at all the stars your fellow murderers are giving you.
Who needs people who love animals? They would only slow you down.

I will see you on another thread but I do not want to distract from this good question the OP has presented. It is a good way to examine yourself and what sort of a "human being" note the quotes - you really are. If an animal could speak you would still eat him. OK I get it. We'll go from there.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Lol, hell naw. "Please don't eat me..." lol wth? not only that do you know how good of a relationship an animal and I would have?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Do cows holding signs that tell me to "eat mor chikin" count as talking animals? If so, I'll eat the cow and the chicken!!

edit on 15-11-2010 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I guess it depends on how articulate and convincing the animal was?

I would have eaten that whiny little shrimp on "A Shark's Tale" in a second! His sob story would have just made me want to eat him quicker to shut him up.

There is a poster on ATS apologizing for all Americans and begging for China not to bomb us. If some chicken or cow or deer came at me with some weak excuse and begging for mercy like that, I would probably still eat it!

On the other hand, I could probably be convinced to eat something else if it was convincing enough.

Now, lets turn the table, do you think a Lion or a Tiger or a Bear could be reasoned out of eating me? Even if I could speak a Tiger's language, I wonder what type of logic or emotion it would take to convince a Tiger to not eat such a scrumptuous and relatively defenseless animal like a human?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Then they wouldn't be animals now would they.... If they are in this little scenario still the same animals like they are nowbut talked yes i would still eat them if its edible go get your fork...... If i could have a relationship with one and it could talk maybe id marry a giraffe something about that loooong slender neck gets my goose cooking. Then me and my giraffe would ride around town and eat at hardeys...
edit on 15-11-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Smh if this question comes back to haunt any in the near future. When animal like beings show up and wanna eat YOU and YOU reference this site in your mind like ohh my god (how can I be mad). How can any eat anything that will attempt to communicate with the clearly that IT DONT WANT TO BE EATEN.

I think if we were in our original forms we would not be real meat eaters. But thanks to ya know ^^^^^ above
we picked up alien eating habits. So as far as animals in the wild eating other animals that fits into their natural genetic make up. Unless those creatures were tamperd with just a little to keep death of different species going on. SO the ^^^^^^^^ above
can absorbe all the dying tissue as energy, smh.........

Remember the Georgia Guidstones said 500,000,000 humans for total Earth balance with animals. So the animals are important..
edit on 11/15/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Here is a silly argument we had with a vegen at my work just the other day. It started over her refusal to eat eggs, so we used her own emotional stance against her.

There is a huge commercial breeding and ranching industry that results in literally millions of cows, chickens, and pigs being born every year. If nobody was eating those animals, they would not be bred, and they would never have existed.

So...........is it better to have a short life or no life at all?
By not eating these animals, you are effectively deciding that they don't deserve to exist! You are responsible for the beginning of a genocide against their species! Who are you to decide that some animal doesn't deserve a right to be born?!?
HeHe!! Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Smh if this question comes back to haunt any in the near future. When animal like beings show up and wanna eat YOU and YOU reference this site in your mind like ohh my god (how can I be mad). How can any eat anything that will attempt to communicate with the clearly that IT DONT WANT TO BE EATEN.

I think if we were in our original forms we would not be real meat eaters. But thanks to ya know ^^^^^ above
we picked up alien eating habits. So as far as animals in the wild eating other animals that fits into their natural genetic make up. Unless those creatures were tamperd with just a little to keep death of different species going on. SO the ^^^^^^^^ above
can absorbe all the dying tissue as energy, smh.........

Remember the Georgia Guidstones said 500,000,000 humans for total Earth balance with animals. So the animals are important..
edit on 11/15/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

I don't want to eat all the animals but if they could talk id havea few monkey buddies and would throw crap at people who didn't want to eat meat... we would just be monkeying around...

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Originally posted by nyk537
reply to post by Misoir

Yes...yes I could.
Take from that simple answer what you will...but I could still do it. I have to eat, and no matter what any vegetarian or vegan tries to tell me...I have to eat meat.
Sorry. (not really)

Why do you feel you have to? Eating meat surely is not a choice for you because you haven't chosen to. Eating meat is what you have been programmed to do. Your foetus was developed by nutrition derived from meat products eaten by your mother and after you were born and weaned off of milk you were fed pureed meat. The family that you were born into all ate meat and the greater society you lived in was a carnivorous one. The television you watched growing up promoted and reinforced the practice of meat eating and associated the practice with being extrovertly active and competitive. Being extrovertly active and competitive was and is promoted as being conducive to being sexually successful with the opposite sex. Therefore you are not defending a personal choice here. You are simply defending the programming you were exposed to and accepted unconsciously and instinctively.

Most vegetarians and vegans who were born inside Western culture, were exposed to the same programming and conditioning but the difference is, they have rebelled against the programming. Why would they question it is the question?

Look at some of the other justifications for eating animals (even if they possessed the power of speech):

Originally posted by TKDRL
Yes, I think I would still eat meat..... at least there death was probably quick, compared to if they had been nabbed by a predator like coyotes.

and:

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
...humans are animals... animals eat animals... thats the way it goes around here... language has nothing to do with it ..

and also:

Originally posted by whatukno

Do these people think that lions attacking water buffalo care whether or not they can talk or have families? No, they know that a water buffalo is food and they eat.

So the justification appears that it is the law of the jungle, or due to hardwired biological programming that humans must be carnivorous.
Animals eat animals...well not all, because obviously there are herbivores and carnivores. But most humans identify with the carnivorous animals rather than the herbivorous and nature documentaries by the likes of David Attenborough featuring one hour episodes on grazing antelopes are not very big sellers as opposed to the documentaries on Killer Whales, Wolves, The big Cats and Crocodiles hunting their prey. These are big sellers and excite the viewer. Why?

Dad: "Look Johnny, they are so much like us, except they can't talk as we do and build a wonderfully advanced civilization as we humans have."

What does little Johnny learn from all of this? - "Don't become a pacifist or a vegetarian because you will get screwed over by the more aggressive, assertive human beasts!"
Yes, it is the way things are, that's reality folks.

So what are we doing on ATS then? What makes ATS any different to main stream conservative thinking? Why are we critical or suspicious about anything that goes on in the world? It is all the outcome of the same psychology that is derived from carnivorous justification is it not?
Survival of the fittest. There cannot be any aliens or extraterrestrials because heaven forbid, what if there were entities that were so more advanced than humans that we looked like primitive animals to them? No, "we didn't claw our way to the top of the food chain to eat carrots", no; we are not only the top of the food chain but the top of the whole universe as well.

If we cannot or refuse to transcend our biological and sociological conditioning what is the point in criticizing anything that goes down in the world today? It is all kosher under the auspices of animal logic isn't it?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
The question is rather simple: Would you eat meat if animals could talk? This question is targeted at all the Omnivores and Carnivores on ATS.

If a cow being taken to slaughter house could scream in agony and plead for its life do you think the slaughter house workers could murder the cow? What if a chicken could cry and beg you to spare its life when they know they are going to be murdered would a farmer kill them? Would you still eat meat fully knowing that these animals can beg and plead for mercy and their life?

In my opinion I could not eat that meat knowing that animal was screaming and pleading before its death. I’m sorry but I just couldn’t morally do that.

Umm no i don't think i would, but then i wouldn't eat a vegetable if it could talk either.

Thankfully somebody else does the murdering, i just do the recycling.

Cosmic...

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I would, only because I can't easily process iron and the iron in red meats is easier to digest and keeps my iron levels up which as a woman is harder to do. Its self preservation for me. As I see it you don't see a lion stop eating meat because its prey is smarter. I have sharp teeth to eat meat, meat keeps me healthy, and it tastes good.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join