It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 62
<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by boomadatigger

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by thecinic
The FAA said they had NO JET AIRLINER in the area they would know if that was so....

It's LA... one of the busiest flight zones in the world. And they had NO jets in the air? Your going to have to show a link to that FAA statement

:shk:

Besides anyone have the coordinates where this thing actually flew? You would need that as well as time

edit on 9-11-2010 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

No, he said they had no jets IN THE AREA. He didn't say they had no jets in the air. A subtle difference in wording makes a not so subtle difference.

I lived in Manhattan Beach just a few miles down the coast from LAX for 6 years. Those aircraft come and go constantly. And it was said there were no aircraft in the area? Or maybe they were talking about military aircraft? I am also a grad of travel school about 15 years ago. LAX is one of the busiest airports in the world. It's in the top ten. I believe Chicago is 1st or 2nd. No aircraft in the area...LOL

Check this out:

www.airport-la.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I'll take a guess. Somebody in the government fudged the paperwork. Thus the clearance for the flight restriction and public test notice was off by one day. San Nicolas Island is known for weapons testing, and there's actually a pretty good thread on it in the Area 51 and Related bases forum here at ATS. (So I'm probably like the 25th person here to put that much together.) It was likely doing telemetry on that missile if not the location for it's target. However, despite somebody (it could even be a lowly Yeoman 3rd-Class) fudging the paperwork - it just takes one typo - the money and personnel have already been put in place for testing. So the test goes as originally planned. People have a schedule to work by, ya know?

If it's a cover-up, it's most likely because some high enough commander doesn't want a fire lit under his a** because of some screw-up. It's definitely not the first time.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

WHY? We just launched an even bigger one from Vandenberg... and they are launching from Vandenberg all the time... How would this 'missile' prove anything to anyone? Wanna prove a point , launch one from a sub off the coast of Korea or Iran but off the coats of LA?

Critical thinking at ATS just went POOF

All true if it was the US that launched it..

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
The Military's formal responce "we have no idea what, where and who it came from" is the worst answer I've heard in a very long time.. Is'nt "no comment" the suggested correct answer in denial 101? Even if they DON"T know..they're not supposed to tell US that. Very unMilitary answer.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
My blog entry posted, along with a friend's:

staging.spectrum.ieee.org...

badufos.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Puzzlemaniac

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by thecinic
The FAA said they had NO JET AIRLINER in the area they would know if that was so....

It's LA... one of the busiest flight zones in the world. And they had NO jets in the air? Your going to have to show a link to that FAA statement

:shk:

Besides anyone have the coordinates where this thing actually flew? You would need that as well as time

edit on 9-11-2010 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

No, he said they had no jets IN THE AREA. He didn't say they had no jets in the air. A subtle difference in wording makes a not so subtle difference.

I lived in Manhattan Beach just a few miles down the coast from LAX for 6 years. Those aircraft come and go constantly. And it was said there were no aircraft in the area? Or maybe they were talking about military aircraft? I am also a grad of travel school about 15 years ago. LAX is one of the busiest airports in the world. It's in the top ten. I believe Chicago is 1st or 2nd. No aircraft in the area...LOL

Check this out:

www.airport-la.com...

I wasn't agreeing with the guy. I just think if you are going to use someone's words in an argument you should quote him exactly and not tailor the wording to make it appear he was saying something else.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Puzzlemaniac

"The FAA said they had NO JET AIRLINER in the area they would know if that was so.... "

That's not the way I remember it -- they said they had "no high speed" (i.e., missile) traffic in the area.

Which was entirely true.

Let's go back and check this out.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
MOST likely this is the link for the plane at the precise time of the incident, check it out

flightaware.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I have to 100% totally agree with you on that.

And if we were flexing muscles, this would have been a 90 pound weakling.

link   

link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

This is either a small chopper or plane flying very low above the city (at the beginning). Later on, we don't know if what we see is the same object creating contrail, zoomed in. It is just inserted after the initial video. I see no obvious connection.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

Originally posted by wcitizen
reply to post by Phage

Don't you think the Pentagon would have been able to find out, within minutes if not within seconds, if it was a comercial plane?

One would think so. Plane or missile, there's something really fishy going on.

I'm going with those with experience and expertise on this thread - it's a missile. Yep, for sure something fishy going on here.

I guess no-one knows where it landed?

Looking at modis and google earth, if there was no change in trajectory I'd say somewhere
around the Phillipines. Also depends on the range of the missle.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by hardeeboy

if someone could find the names of air carriers leaving lax between 4-5 Pacific time on yesterday and you could get the aircraft “n number” you could enter the n number and see it on flight aware right now and see the tracks. match a track with the direction the missile came from and if you have a match that could be it. i could do this right now if i had access to all departures from that day. the government certainly could do it and would have.

long story short there is no way the government wouldn’t know this was a plane. if they say they dont know what it was they are lying. either it was a plane or it wasnt but they would have known 20 hours ago, not just now.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

None of those pics you linked to looked anything like this.

I live on the west coast of Ireland and we have airliners going over us at all times of the day and night. They go down over and come up from the horizon - out over the Atlantic and can be at anything from 20,000 ft to 35 or 40,000 ft.

We also have sunsets, brilliant ones. Better than that one. How come I have never seen one single aircraft con trail out of the several we get an hour, that looks anything like that?

There can be as many as 20 con trails on the sun set, but none that look like that.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
hey guys maybe it was a big firework or hobby rocket...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic
reply to post by hardeeboy

if someone could find the names of air carriers leaving lax between 4-5 Pacific time on yesterday and you could get the aircraft “n number” you could enter the n number and see it on flight aware right now and see the tracks. match a track with the direction the missile came from and if you have a match that could be it. i could do this right now if i had access to all departures from that day. the government certainly could do it and would have.

long story short there is no way the government wouldn’t know this was a plane. if they say they dont know what it was they are lying. either it was a plane or it wasnt but they would have known 20 hours ago, not just now.

Any kind of stealth missles we don't know about? Stands to reason if they can't
track it on radar.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by pauljs75

the only problem I have with that theory is why why whyyyyy would you test one so close to shore? You know people will see it and ask questions if it is that close!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by steve95988

That's a good call.
Exactly the right timing but a bit south of where the news cast placed it. At 37,000 feet the air temperature was -53.6º and the relative humidity was 31%. Good conditions for persistent contrails.

edit on 11/9/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve95988
MOST likely this is the link for the plane at the precise time of the incident, check it out

flightaware.com...

But the "missileplane" didn't originate from land. I don't know why people are speculating that that satellite image is even what was seen. I think it would be pretty obvious if it came from land vs. up from the horizon out over the ocean.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
OK Did any one hear of the cruise ship that had the engine fire and was adrift at sea?

In the article on that they said the USS Ronald Reagen responded with food etc etc.

This occurred off the coast of Northern Baja Mexico.

The Carrier was doing exercises in the area.

top topics

<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join