It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 63
<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by steve95988

Sunset in LA at 4:53pm for today. That planed landed at 05:59PM MST which is 4:59PM PST.

Hence, that flight was already on the ground by the time the film was shot.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by nittin

Excellent vid. Reminds me of my Army days when I was stationed at a Pershing II missile base.

link   
reply to post by steve95988

that would be the right angle with the sun and the right time and direction of travel.
if that was the plane it is a load of garbage the government didnt know what this was.

how long did it take you to find that?

link   
I can not buy it's just some plane that NO ONE has records of or didn't come and say that 20 some odd hours ago..

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenmacher

OK. It is an interesting story but we dont really know anything yet. If truth is our goal (and I think we can all agree on that) then we have to take it slow. What do we have?

1 inconclusive video shot from a helicopter during sunset
over 60 pages of amateur video analysis

We have to wait for more facts to come in. If we make judgments too quickly without enough evidence we are defeating our own purpose. The media does a beautiful job of burying this stuff once a better story comes along but luckily we have things like the internet and tools like this community to mull this sort of thing over after we get more evidence.

The most troubling thing for me is the lack of "expert knowledge" during this whole thing. If it was as simple as some of the suggestions here airplane take off, missile test, even private launch. These should have all been confirmed already by authorities much more knowledgeable than us.

My advice to everyone on this thread is to sit back and be vigilant. This story will make sense in time. Jumping to conclusions is just pointless mental masturbation.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
This is FEAR MONGERING!!!

It's probably a dud but all it is is a dirty news story that is going to cause more stress and anxiety on 300 million americans for a while until some lame excuse statement comes out.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
That area often has very odd glows at night. Awhile back I saw a huge bright glow really late at night in that same area. Here's the link: abovetopsecret.com...

link   
reply to post by niceguybob

Lets face it. Our Globalist leaders are so bent on American citizen control - middle east crap - and freaking out the economy that they wouldn't ever notice a new stealth sub from a foreign force.

I have a really bad feeling that whatever that missile was, it wasn't a show of force by our military (off California coast) - it was a show of force by a foreign power to "our" country!

There is something going on - and we know nothing about it - yet! Everyone keep your eyes open!

link   
reply to post by TheRepublic

I agree, the govt would know. All things flying in our airspace that are radar trackable are tracked, right? Well, that is my assumption. They would know it was a plane and say so, or they would know something less acceptable and do what they are doing now, playing dumb. Most obvious reason(s): major screw up or messing with dangerous things they don't want us to know about( enemies, meteors, messaging). I say major screw up, and no one wants to get in trouble.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

No.

At 8:00PM Eastern time the plane was over Catalina Island.
flightaware.com...

edit on 11/9/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I'm not buying it for a moment. Something is going on, and yeah this is fear mongering. Like product placement, to lead up to something else.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

it is south of the area where the incident took place though ... so it's got nice timing but the location is off

link   
reply to post by underduck

I agree. I will wait till I get more facts in, before I form a conclusion. The official lack of confirmation is what really strikes me as odd.

link   
reply to post by TheRepublic

Im not 100% positive this is the anwser, but its reasonable, and i have seen images such as this quiet often where i live as well, But like i said, well not have to wait and see, id PREFER a missle over a plane anyday

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by RequiemAgent

You're basing that on an estimate provided by the TV cameraman.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I agree. I will state it again. That is the most troubling part of this whole thing. My hope is that it is something blatantly obvious to the majority of experts that it isn't even worth their time investigating while the rest of us bicker about different theories.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by boomadatigger

Originally posted by Puzzlemaniac

Originally posted by boomadatigger

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by thecinic
The FAA said they had NO JET AIRLINER in the area they would know if that was so....

It's LA... one of the busiest flight zones in the world. And they had NO jets in the air? Your going to have to show a link to that FAA statement

:shk:

Besides anyone have the coordinates where this thing actually flew? You would need that as well as time

edit on 9-11-2010 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

I didn't mean to make it seem you were agreeing with him. Sorry for not making my post clearer. This post has kinda' hit home for me as I have many friends and family in Manhattan, Hermosa and Redondo Beachs. I tend to get too angry at tptb/gov't. and such when it comes to things like this. I'll be more cautious from now on when I reply to a post.

It's just the idea of a missile going off over the ocean in So.Calf. with all those jets coming and going. They take off and land from the west over the ocean.

No, he said they had no jets IN THE AREA. He didn't say they had no jets in the air. A subtle difference in wording makes a not so subtle difference.

I lived in Manhattan Beach just a few miles down the coast from LAX for 6 years. Those aircraft come and go constantly. And it was said there were no aircraft in the area? Or maybe they were talking about military aircraft? I am also a grad of travel school about 15 years ago. LAX is one of the busiest airports in the world. It's in the top ten. I believe Chicago is 1st or 2nd. No aircraft in the area...LOL

Check this out:

www.airport-la.com...

I wasn't agreeing with the guy. I just think if you are going to use someone's words in an argument you should quote him exactly and not tailor the wording to make it appear he was saying something else.

I didn't mean to make it seem you were agreeing with him. Sorry for not making my post clearer. My bad.
I didn't know I misquoted you. I really wouldn't do that. I'm new still when it comes to quoting etc. This post has kinda' hit home for me as I have many friends and family in Manhattan, Hermosa and Redondo Beaches. I tend to get too angry at tptb/gov't. and such when it comes to things like this. I'll be more careful from now on when I reply to a post.
?

It's just the idea of a missile going off over the ocean in So.Calf. with all those jets coming and going. They take off and land from the west over the ocean.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
The Camera Never Lies (But It Can Deceive)

The second video has been mentioned repeatedly in this thread, but I think a lot of my fellow members may be missing what it reveals.

I recommend watching these two videos, side by side if your monitor space allows it, to add some much-needed perspective to the discussion:

KFMB 760AM: Mysterious missile lights up the sky over the Pacific

NECN: Mysterious missile launched off California coast?

In the second video, please pay particular attention at about time 0:45, where the camera pans up rather quickly. We can see the black cloud in the foreground, and a now more dispersed contrail behind it.

The features of the dispersed contrail seem to roughly match those of the fresher contrail in the first video, but at an apparently later time, so it seems likely these are the same phenomenon -- especially since there's only one such contrail visible in either video.

Now, follow the camera on the second video for a clearer view of what is causing it.

It's possible the second video may be of a different object, but again, the comparison of the shapes of the contrails suggest they are the same. The view at 0:45 on the second video seems to be much later, with the contrail more downwind of the black cloud than before.

Conclusive? Not really.

Suggestive? Definitely.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

they say it was a contrail:
______beforeitsnews/story/256/947/Solved_Missile_launch_over_Southern_California_explained.html

still, think something fishy is going on in general.

www.businesswire.com...

I'm not good at connecting dots or anything but somehow this is unsettling in its own way.
It smack of things to be perhaps.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

ok so then he was off by about 100 miles ... yeah ... he would be exponentially off ... highly doubt that

<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join