It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

I truly think that if this was the case. They would be reporting it somewhere. China run tv or Iran I don't think any nation would send a nuke with out telling there own nation he look we are so cool. But that does not mean this theory has not crossed my mind. Why tell everyone and get everybody freaked out. Just hey look we are not sure what caused this contrail but we KNOW there is no threat to the US.

Crash

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I hope we have all recived the message we were just sent by our Chinese "Allies" and financial backers. It was either North Korea or China showing what they can now do, if that was a plane, im a fish.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone else heard this earlier but NASA's theory didn't give me much confidence. Said it looked like a meteor LEAVING earth.. lmao..

link   
i wish i had the knowledge, i'd do it myself,
but has anyone tried zooming in close?
the news footage seems pretty clear.

link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

This was military.

Period.

While I agree that it was military grade equipment, I don't believe it was military. This was done specifically to be seen by a lot of people, and to be reported on by the press. It was done in a way that it caught the Pentagon flat-footed, and since that was the case, it was launched by folks who knew the way that the Pentagon would process the information - as well as how it would come across to te public while that was slowly happening.

It was fired from off-shore - which is important to note, since it makes it impossible to connect it to any of the US military installations in the region - and it was a classic missile-looking missile, which is also important to make note of. No mistaking this thing for anything but a missile, so it wasn't intended to "do anything" other than to be seen and hopefully video-recorded (a clip may have even been recorded to be leaked to the press if the news copter hadn't filmed it) for repeat broadcast (in the same vein as the Flt 175 tower impact on 9/11 was). Video terrorism. And the corporate touch of pulling this stunt while Obama is overseas after getting slammed last week in the mid-term election. Too much pointing to the corporate marketing way of doing things.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
What if this event is a 'Non-scripted' DHS sponsored military exercise/drill??

Didn't Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano mention that she would like surprise drills over scripted predictable ones?

The drills have grown into unrealistic, costly and over-scripted productions, Napolitano has said, an "elaborate game" rather than opportunities for officials to work through problems.
Washington Post

In addition, DHS sponsored exercise 'Vigilant Shield 2011' is supposed to go off in November.

I understand that this next quote of Vigilant Shield may be alittle outdated but it does sound awfully similiar as to these recent events & it might explain why Pentagon/officials are saying "we don't know"...

The exercise will be testing “synchronized response of federal, state, local and international partners in preparation for homeland defense, homeland security, and civil support missions in the United States and abroad”.

The exercise this week is going under the codename “Vigilant Shield ’09.” It is using scenarios that will test maritime, aerospace, ballistic missile defense, cyber, consequence management, strategic communications and counter terrorism domains according the a press release from the government.

Another aspect of the exercise is "Global Lighting 09." That code name is a plan in which nuclear weapons are are to be used in a surprise attack.
Source

I figured I'd throw this scenario in the ring w/ all the others. Maybe this is what it is or maybe it's not...

link   
Fox news reported NO foriegn vessels were in the area.

Appeared to be going away from coast

Government agency still claiming it was NOT theirs

FAA gave no certificated to any non government rocketteers

link   
How did a KCBS news helicopter just happen to catch this? hmmmm.. would be interesting to know what they were supposed to be shooting.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ronaldREAGAN
reply to post by tommyjo

Why all the uninformed speculation?

This community should be able to:
1. Calculate a rough trajectory from the video provided by the local CA news
2. Compare the patterns of the contrail from the video with known flying objects missiles, planes etc.
3. Calculate based on its apparent trajectory whether such a craft could be used to launch a geo satellite or any other useful satellite

After this work is done we should be able to state more likely than not it was:
A. Type of vehicle
B. Rough estimate of target destination
C. Rough estimate of launch location
D. commercial/military/UFO
E. etc

SO FAR THE facts are:
1. No notice to civilian aircraft was given before this launch occurrence(no known "NOTAMS")
2. No military has yet claimed responsibility

Wow that is a mighty incredible 2nd post, well done, but where have you been when we have needed you previously?

Respects

link   

Originally posted by astrogolf
reply to post by Phage

Remember, Airplanes don't leave plumes to the ocean floor and take of vertically out of the ocean. Also, they'd know which plane it was.
The guy who's trying to sell the plane theory prefaced it with "I'm from the government and I'm here to help you."

Please link the video that shows the contrail coming from the ocean floor. That is an optical illusion because it goes over the horizone.

link   
It was a traffic chopper they are up reporting traffic happened to catch it on video but thousands of other people saw it also...

link   
First there was an invisible torpedo.
Now, an invisible submarine and radar deceiving rocket...
What's next?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
It was the black ufo that launched it.
Didn't you guys see the ufo in the picture, you couldn't miss it. jk
edit on 9-11-2010 by bputman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by luminaut

It is not going up. It is flying level. It appears to be going up because it is coming closer to the camera.
Similar to this. Watch the whole thing.

More, with a view of the same missile-like contrail from two different perspectives.
uncinus.wordpress.com...

edit on 11/9/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
If this was a launched missile and it is being kept at this level of secrecy, and IF it was military, along with the possible missile launch seen from Phoenix... These are MEANT to be seen and witnessed, if they did not want the public to see these launches NO ONE would have!

So if these launches are meant to be seen, then perhaps there is only a couple of possible explanations...

1. Distract the public and divert media attention from other concerns.

2. Launches meant to create a buzz, and display a show of force for an unspecified enemy... Given the locations and the most recent may have been launched from a Navy sub it seems plausible... But who needs to know we are ready and willing to launch nukes?

Just some food for thought.

Again, if the military didn't want YOU to see this, you never would have!

link   
I have had my fill of this and it has been entertaining. I am confident the footage they are holding back confirming it is infact a plane will be released in the next few hours.

The whole incident really is like something you would see in an episode of the simpsons.

(media is proabably suffering withdrawal symtoms from the highs they reached over the release of the chilean miners)
edit on 9-11-2010 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

link   
Slow Down for God's sake!

This will come out as a US Military OP! Nothing more, nothing less! Trust me!

link   

Originally posted by thecinic
It was a traffic chopper they are up reporting traffic happened to catch it on video but thousands of other people saw it also...

aha, ok, makes sense.. thanks. I guess then they wanted this event to be witnessed.

link   
reply to post by JWash

Not much of a "test" of homeland security if they fail to activate any assets...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek
Slow Down for God's sake!

This will come out as a US Military OP! Nothing more, nothing less! Trust me!

I thought they already stated it was not a military OP?

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join