It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I'm having some trouble seeing this as anything other than an aircraft contrail, I don't see the need for all the excitement.

The Phoenix "launch" however, is far more interesting, and most certainly is NOT an aircraft, at least not a conventional one.

Classic misdirection? Who knows.

link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

Originally posted by phantomjack

This was military.

Period.

While I agree that it was military grade equipment, I don't believe it was military. This was done specifically to be seen by a lot of people, and to be reported on by the press. It was done in a way that it caught the Pentagon flat-footed, and since that was the case, it was launched by folks who knew the way that the Pentagon would process the information - as well as how it would come across to te public while that was slowly happening.

It was fired from off-shore - which is important to note, since it makes it impossible to connect it to any of the US military installations in the region - and it was a classic missile-looking missile, which is also important to make note of. No mistaking this thing for anything but a missile, so it wasn't intended to "do anything" other than to be seen and hopefully video-recorded (a clip may have even been recorded to be leaked to the press if the news copter hadn't filmed it) for repeat broadcast (in the same vein as the Flt 175 tower impact on 9/11 was). Video terrorism. And the corporate touch of pulling this stunt while Obama is overseas after getting slammed last week in the mid-term election. Too much pointing to the corporate marketing way of doing things.

That's inaccurate. San Nicolas Island, close to where the contrail was observed, is a US Military facility used for the testing of amongst others things; rockets.

link   

Originally posted by MZYYY

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Let me just repeat because this thread is moving fast.

2sws (where my daughter's father works) knows and monitors ALL launches (missile, shuttles, rockets, nucs, etc) are known by them. ALL - US and foreign. This is his job. They would have to know 100% what this is and who did it. Nothing gets by them. NOTHING. They are our first defenders!

However, it is obviously classified right now and not being released - since everyone is tight lipped.

I suggest the military, pentagon, etc's PR person should be fired!
edit on November 9th 2010 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

I will quote this, as a MUST READ. For anyone that didn't read through all the pages. Also, did you see any jets scrambled in news footage. Any news articles about jets being scrambled after the launch....no?

Well there is your answer isn't it.

How is this a 'must read'? You are assuming they are telling the truth. That is not a good thing to do on these pages. And yes, I've read every page. You can speculate all you want, but that doesn't mean anything. This could end up just like 9/11 where we will never know the truth. Myself, I'll just continue to wait for an official explanation (even though I probably won't believe that lie either).

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Or the US is sending that rocket to South Korea for their first G20 summit.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBigK

Read my post, before you reply!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I'm still going with an undocumented X37B test launch.

en.wikipedia.org...

link   
reply to post by gladewalker

Could you please elaborate on "fail to activate any assets..." I'm not following what you mean.

link   
Repeat a lie over and over and even you will begin to believe in it.
This is exactly this thread has turned into.
Yeah, it was an airplane... it was an airplane... (repeat all, clap your hand, we're just having fun) it was an airplane... airplane... airplane...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Plane/Jet- Don't you think when the pentagon called the FAA and said "hey, did you have a missile on radar at 5pm yesterday?" they woulda said "nope, we had a plane thought" and it would of come out this morning that it was a plane? Not to mention this kind of thing would have happened already.

Accidental missile launch- Yeah, this one holds ground. Duh! Hasn't everyone accidentally set off a missile?! I'd imagine to launch a missile, there must of been a few people that did a few things on accident all at the right time, because launch 1 missile isnt pressing 1 button by 1 person.

"We're under attack!"- The missile probably should of been fired AT us and not AWAY from us. Not sure how people that present this one even figured out how to get on the internet?

Everything else- The fact that official sources are changing stories and that they are even commenting on it should probably at least worry everyone a little bit. Even if you think it's a plane because how often do we need the pentagon to clarify planes?
edit on 9-11-2010 by krashx6 because: fixed font

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by kronnikx

Crazy.. Seems like something is going on...I wonder if they are all connected?

Unexplained Booms... Unexplained Missle Launches... Gold is rising.. The fed is celebrating 100 years... QE2.. 34 Warships and most of white house on other side of world... Ufo's being seen over major cities... The G20... Webbots and such reporting a major event to happen any day.. Nuclear trade agreements... Leaking of sensitive US info... a never ending recession in US.. Great balls of fire over Eastern Canada.. talk of volcanoes erupting and cooling the earth...Can I go back to being ignorant?

link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by luminaut

It is not going up. It is flying level. It appears to be going up because it is coming closer to the camera.
Similar to this. Watch the whole thing.

More, with a view of the same missile-like contrail from two different perspectives.
uncinus.wordpress.com...

edit on 11/9/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

If it was flying northwest, which is what is being claimed by many "experts", it would have been flying away from the coast, in the opposite direction of the helicopter since the helicopter was not positioned out over the ocean trying to film towards the coast. What you are saying is that it would have been flying TOWARDS the helicopter and that is absolutely wrong.

Jets don't leave contrails at sea level, it happens as a result of ice particles, and at that low of an elevation PLUS being in Southern California (where it's still warm right now), the contrail argument, IMHO, is completely invalid and should be considered debunked.

~Namaste

link   

Originally posted by TheBigK
How did a KCBS news helicopter just happen to catch this? hmmmm.. would be interesting to know what they were supposed to be shooting.

What would be even more interesting. Would be for them to post the whole, entire, unedited video taken by their news helicopter from start to finish.I'm sure they shot more then just a few seconds of video. But all you see are a few short snippets. Why is that?

link   
reply to post by astrogolf

I agree it was a missile launch, as to the type unknown. The jet deference is absolutely misdirection. Do we have that many people who would accept that and the jet has been with us how many years. Contrails do not happen from the ground up this should be very common. How many of us have seen jets take off even ,military at air shows and I ask you have you seen that type of fuel burn?. The only way you will see that from a jet is if a missile hit it and it would be going down not up.

link   
i hadnt seen the picture on the right before thought i would share it, must be taken from another source as the one on the left was taken from the reporting news agency.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

Originally posted by Cyberspy

Originally posted by sickofitall2012A Pentagon source told Rick Leventhal that it was a missle launch.

Please post a link confirming that.

This was already posted earlier but this thread is moving so fast it's easy to miss.

www.foxnews.com...

---------------------------------------------
The article it links to is dated October 16th. I don't have TV anymore, so it appears I'm missing some funny
commentary from FOX newscasters... Darn. This story will probably be history by tomorrow, sadly.

link   

Originally posted by Retseh
I'm having some trouble seeing this as anything other than an aircraft contrail, I don't see the need for all the excitement.

The Phoenix "launch" however, is far more interesting, and most certainly is NOT an aircraft, at least not a conventional one.

Classic misdirection? Who knows.

Yep... CNN just said the same thing... Its an airplane contrail... Literally an optical illusion...

www.cnn.com...

Mods can we get this reviewed please? And if needed, give it a hoax tag

link   
youknow I must be thick or deaf because I dont hear the derailers, new members or the "airplane, airplane, airplane" I see a missile and Im waiting for the next installment to hopefully have a hand on what the hells going on.

Respects

link   
reply to post by windwaker

Strange 3rd Missile to launch off the west coast in 5 days,,

Something is Up and clearly its 3 missiles

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Here is another video of the contrail. Note that toward the end the contrail becomes short. Rocket trails don't do that.
www.necn.com...
edit on 11/9/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The X37B is not a plan it is a orbital test vehicle, possibly piggybacking on an ICBM or other large missile. Much of the testing for this type of technology is tested in the very area of the sighting ... southern calif.

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join