It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

Why all the uninformed speculation?

This community should be able to:
1. Calculate a rough trajectory from the video provided by the local CA news
2. Compare the patterns of the contrail from the video with known flying objects missiles, planes etc.
3. Calculate based on its apparent trajectory whether such a craft could be used to launch a geo satellite or any other useful satellite

After this work is done we should be able to state more likely than not it was:
A. Type of vehicle
B. Rough estimate of target destination
C. Rough estimate of launch location
D. commercial/military/UFO
E. etc

SO FAR THE facts are:
1. No notice to civilian aircraft was given before this launch occurrence(no known "NOTAMS")
2. No military has yet claimed responsibility

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Just so you know where I stand on this.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one
Here is a theory:

lets say hypotheticaly that someone launched a nuke at the U.S. and that nuke was effectively defended by US. systems whether it be star wars or patriot missle technology it doesnt matter. The point it is was successfully defended against.

now at that point the people in the know would be the people who launched and the people who detected/defended. Would the US government decide to publicly acknowledge a nuke was launched at us? or would they keep it under wraps for fear of hysteria, panic, what have you.

Mean while behind the curtains BIG decisions are being made?

not trying to fear monger this, just acknowledging a hypothetical possibility. They way they handled this missle or whatever is indeed fishy though. You don't have the most sophisticated missle tracking system on the planet to NOT KNOW anything about them when they are launched...

I have been trying to address that for a couple hours but they seem happy talking about if its a plane or a missle.
Maybe, if we can ever get beyond that, we might get our answer or at least thoughts on it.
Nice to know someone else is thinking this way at least.

link   
reply to post by briank28

I love that idea,and could be true-someone just fell asleep on and hit their head on the button.
Scary stuff,in terms of nuke enabled subs.

link   
This is very fishy indeed! I can't help considering the worst. I remember hearing something about Russia's ability to send biological weapons via missiles. We've heard today on this forum about a missile in Phoenix, California and El Paso in the last few days. Now that the elite are out of the country, could they be hitting us with biological weapons?

link   
This buoy stopped tranmitting on 10/4/2010 and is listed as an explosive hazard, I'm not real current on buoys, but is this normal, and is this latitude/longitude near this mornings, possible missile launch???

Curious is all, anyone got any buoy knowledge???

Station 46047 (LLNR 82) - TANNER BANKS - 121NM West of San Diego, CA

Terms of Use Currently selected station
Stations with recent data
Stations with no data in last 8 hours
(24 hours for tsunami stations) Disclaimer

Owned and maintained by National Data Buoy Center
3-meter discus buoy
ARES 4.4 payload
32.433 N 119.533 W (32°26'0" N 119°31'59" W)

Site elevation: sea level
Air temp height: 4 m above site elevation
Anemometer height: 5 m above site elevation
Barometer elevation: sea level
Sea temp depth: 0.6 m below site elevation
Water depth: 1393.5 m
Watch circle radius: 1700 yards

Station 46047 stopped transmitting 10/04/2010. This buoy will be restored to service when it can be worked into the schedule. When the date is known, it will be posted in the Weekly Maintenance Report.

"Potential Explosion Hazard Exists for this Buoy"

Latest NWS Marine Forecast 1 and Latest NWS Marine Forecast 2

Important Notice to Mariners

Search And Rescue (SAR) Data

Meteorological Observations from Nearby Stations and Ships

Regional HF Radar Surface Current Observations

The QuikSCAT wind data are no longer available

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by astrogolf

That My Friend should be "Post Of The Day"

2nd line

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Call me a retard but i dont see how to *accidently* set off a missile... It has to be more then just pushing a red button there are procedures..

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I dont know what WWIII would be fought with but i know WW4 will be fought with sticks.

Oh my....where have I heard this before...lol

Why don't you tell us? - .... Albert Einstein said it! He was the guy who gave us nuclear power, as well as the bomb - due to his research. Your sarcasm is duly noted

link   
BREAT BAIR special report UPDATE

Saying it might of been an airplane still counting noses

it could of been a missile or rocket

Government agencies says it was NOT theirs

link   
reply to post by Gazrok

True, but next they will say it WAS a plane because that's the easiest explanation people will buy.
The secrecy is what gets me..

Heck, maybe its Obama sneaking back for a meeting with Ben to decide when to implode the $...

link   
I think we're all learning a lot about today's media standards from this one.

Even right down to Reuters, they are saying that they don't know.
Just copying the same storyline.

Whatever happened to journalism?

This is rumour reporting, not journalism.

Will someone on ATS familiar with the flight tracking sites please lookup this aircraft, or multiple possible ID's at that time?

Will one of the admins on ATS they help 'em out with a definitive press release to put the 'professionals' to shame?

Opportunity here methinks.

link   
Could well be the perfect way to pull the US into another conflict....

Pull up a sub off the coast,
fire a missle off toward your enemy,
US gets accused of the launch.

The Military and Govt have a knack of ignoring some countries actions against the US as it suits their own agenda to turn a profit.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Says it was going away from the coast....

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Mexican Drug Lords???
?
?

BC

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

the media is manipulating the whole story.

I agree whole heartedly with you. I haven't watched the news on TV for a long time because they manipulate everything. Tptb are in complete control of the MSM. When the truth comes out it won't be on TV...at least not all of it.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
A number of people seem confused about contrails. Contrails occur only below -40 degrees F. This generally means above 26,000 feet, except perhaps here in Minnesota, where such temperatures can occur at the surface.

www.wikipedia.org

It does appear to me that this is shooting up, and that it would not be that high in the lower section of the "contrail".

Maybe a military type can weigh in on whether this is a solid fuel rocket or a liquid fuel rocket. That would be useful.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by pumapunku

Just watched the commercial on you tube and at the end of it the guy is holding his phone with the credits of the movie on the screen. Guess who directed the time cop movie? Good ole Whitey! Thats right just one name, Whitey!
Thought that was interesting

link   
NO other countries vessels in the area

MSM update

link   
reply to post by Phage

It wasn't a jet. But feel free to believe it if you like. I was being sarcastic. It took off vertically. Period. There are no contrails at sea level, only upper altitudes. It wasn't a jet, the same way that I'm not on the 20th floor of an inflatable building. No offense, but even the Retired Air Force officer on television laughed at the assertion it was a jet. However, my smart ass answer about the weather balloon is just as viable as the jet theory.
It was a missile. Just the way it is.
Remember, Airplanes don't leave plumes to the ocean floor and take of vertically out of the ocean. Also, they'd know which plane it was.
The guy who's trying to sell the plane theory prefaced it with "I'm from the government and I'm here to help you."

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join