It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Hot On The Trail

Wow! Lots of speculation about this one.

Based on the evidence I've seen, I'm going with "airliner contrail".

I could be wrong, of course, but it looks to me like much ado about nothing.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Of course they were going to say it was *just a plane* of course if it was a test they would say *its just a plane*

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Whatever it is i never thought it was some threat maybe just a test fire.. Either way it has been very interesting the way the thread went with china attacking us and such my perpsective still some type of test.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Jets also have IFF transponders..... why such the trouble in finding it then to tell us what flight it was?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The US Military denies any knowledge whatsoever but the NAVY says it positively was NOT a foreign government. (either they REALLY don't know anything [highly unlikely] or they know for sure whos it was and are not saying to save face) They can't claim selective ignorance... or can they.... And NORAD [ The guys in charge of MISSLE DEFENCE] claims they were not able to see or track it on their radar and therefore cannot field a response.... If this is true[and I seriously doubt their denial] I do not have ANY confidence WHATSOEVER in our strategic defence system.
DIRT

link   

Originally posted by AllIsOne

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by thecinic

An airplane did not take off 20 miles from Catalina.
An airplane flew across the Pacific and appeared over the horizon.
It's called perspective.

The perspective thingy you keep mentioning doesn't add up. Check the original news video at 1:30. The "contrail" goes straight up. Those are strong engines on that plane ...

The perspective does add up. Study the following. Images from Dec 2009 - jet contrail - California.

uncinus.wordpress.com...

link   
After reading this entire thread I have come to the conclusion it was in fact a missle. You can see the orange glow as it turns away. That is not what bothers me though. If it was a secret test of some sort the government would have come out and either said it was a test no worries or debunked it very quickly. The fact that nobody seemed to ackowledge they knew what it was is troubling. As if this launch caught everyone off guard. Someone would have known about a scheduled launch for air traffic safety. If it were another country our planes would have been Johnny on the spot to that location.

So we have:

1. A missle launches and heads to the west off the coast of CA

2. Everyone denies knowledge of a missle launch

3. It took the government many hours to finally come out and say it was a missle. They don't know where it came from but tells us not to worry because there is no threat.

4. Obama cuts his trip short because of volcanic erruptions

5.NORAD knows exactly what it was and the location on the map it originated. For some reason they are not saying though. I know this because thats there job and they have the equipment to do it. Why do they not share some info then?

5. The ATS boards are crawling with theories from aliens to gov conspiracys, tests, prophecys, airplanes and meteors.

Interesting thread!!

edit on 9/11/10 by Dantas because: (no reason given)

link   
My thoughts are leaning toward a sub. I know everyone wants to think that it would be admitted to, but submarine stuff is very "hush hush". Nobody ever even knows where they are, not even the other boats and carriers they're with.

That said, have any of you guys heard of the Club-K container missiles? PRETTY interesting stuff. A relative of mine drives truck and says this stuff would be undetectable. Now, I'm not sure about THAT, and I won't pretend to. My relative showed me this video, but I think it was on the company's site. I could probably find it, but found it quicker on youtube:

www.youtube.com...

Anybody else heard of this? I'm sorry if it's already been mentioned. I've only seen a few pages of the posts for this thread.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Hot On The Trail

Could someone who knows the area and the destination airport please check flightpath and arrival times?
That would end it all

I would if I knew the are...

link   

Originally posted by thecinic
Of course they were going to say it was *just a plane* of course if it was a test they would say *its just a plane*

Actually the MSM is calling it a "mystery rocket"

www.cnn.com...

...and I would implore the "plane/contrail theorists" to tell us whose jet/airline it is if even the FAA, Navy, and Air Force doesn't know.

link   
If it was a plane than we are in worse shape than it being a missle.

Sometimes people are so dumb on here and don't spend time to think how certain things work. When they checked radar this morning in that area for a missle, don't you think they woulda said, "no missle, just this plane" and then the pentagon would of said this morning it was a plane... not 8 hours later saying it MIGHT of been a plane.

And if it was one, and it wasn't ours... again we're in trouble.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
X37B

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
If this was a contrail someone would have confirmed it by now. I just did an refresh on a few pages and the latest from the Pentagon is that it "The Pentagon said Tuesday it did not know what created a vapor trail that crossed the skies off the Southern California coast and resembled a missile launch." It is still an unknown.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
lol it takes almost 24 hours for NORAD, the Pentagon and the FAA to figure out we're looking at contrails??? Wow, we're screwed.

It may have taken 24 hours for the Pentagon to "get the message" that we're screwed. At that point, the word to the public can be whatever will shut down the anxiety. Hell, there's nothing the miltary can do about it anyway, so why freak people out?

link   

Originally posted by DOcean
You do realize this is nothing but a Jet contrail that someone looked at, said "Hey, looks like a missile", then called their local news station reporting a missile launch.....right?

Depending on the elevation of the trail, and your perspective (and relative state of paranoia), the trail can look more vertical than horizontal. I've seen this around me many times.

If I'm wrong, and a missile really was launched from within, or just off the coast of the US, and no one knows anything, I really need to move to another country because this one is completely fuqqed.

The US military cannot say what it is. You better start packing your things now.

link   
I'd like to meet the "amateur rocketeer" that had the money to build a rocket, have it transported to the ocean, loaded onto a boat, taken out to sea and launched, without clearance from the FAA, NASA, NORAD or other agencies:

Adm. Stufflebeem suggested this could have come from a smaller, amateur rocket, saying people need to consider the chance this large plume was an optical illusion caused by weather conditions.

"Atmospherics could very well be at play." Stufflebeem said. He said it's possible the plumes behind the object could have been exaggerated due to a higher level of condensation in the air. He also said that because the video was shot silhouetted against a setting sun, the condensation trail could have appeared "amplified."

Speaking as an experienced Naval aviator who has been fired at by surface-to-air missiles, Adm. Stufflebeem's best guess is that this was done by a private citizen. "I would call it the private rocketeer," Stufflebeem said. "It could be somebody that was interested either as a backyard hobbyist, or somebody who was earnestly wanting to get into the business of getting into space flight."

Read more: liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com...

I'd also like to see the data for this "optical illusion" cause by atmospheric conditions.

But, you know what? The general public is so stupid, they'd buy this hook, line and sinker without any data to back it up. Simply on the word of the FAA or NASA:

NASA also denied any involvement and said it is checking for meteorite activity, although it's highly unlikely that is the source of these images.

A meteorite? Seriously?

link   

Originally posted by Majic
Hot On The Trail

An air plane? If it was an air plane then the FAA would have showed the radar track and flight number times etc and made sure EVERY news station in the country carried the story to ensure panic did not set in!!!!

I can not believe a super moderator would make a statement such as you did, without considering the government response to a news story that was so totally wrong and that could cause such panic and NOT give the real reason.

The reason we have not heard from the FAA in this regard is because your theory must be wrong. The DoD would also be pushing the flight path story if they thought they could as this missile makes them look like a total bunch of incompetent morons, who waste hundreds of billions of tax payer money every year!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Well since the thing was spotted like 24 hours ago I would hope a plane would've landed by now lmao.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Not showing up on radar could be a stealth missle?:

China's New Stealth Missle

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Well, we all know about our Predator Drones and UAVs....

Perhaps China or some other foreign body has USVs? (unmanned submarine vehicles)

If so, maybe this WAS a test in our waters by a foreign power or a giant middle finger by China.

~Namaste

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join