It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I've been looking at the source of the video - KCBS News.

They've had a long history of poor ratings, so this could just be an attempt to barge they way into the limelight.

KCBS History

KCBS Site

link   
Are some people on here as naive as thinking that the USA does not know what happened?
Lets move on from that thought of mind.
Obama is saying, let's let China grow, but is probably preparing to use HAARP to do a 9.5 Earthquake on one of their big cities.

link   
reply to post by EvilBat

Yep, I saw that,and was just about to point that out. Just to be clear, this was not my source, I heard it live on Fox about 20 to 30 minutes ago.

link   
reply to post by windwaker

What if, and this is complete and total speculation but what if all of these "mysterious" missile launches that nobody seems to know about are really nuke missiles set to a timed launch to deflect a LARGE asteroid from hitting the earth?

Our government and that of all others would deffinately NOT tell us if we were in immanent danger of a large meteor impact so to prevent mass chaos.

Just thowing it out there. This is ATS after all......

link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
.I keep getting a response: you know I can not talk about that stuff.
Sorry. I have tried.

Surely you didn't expect any reply?

But something is wrong... we are missing something.

Oct 26 2010 they told us we 'lost' many nukes. Lost control of them for hours, no one knew where they were.

So WHY did they report that to the News Media? Why not just shut up about it and no one would have known?

Now they tell us they don't know what is going on... even though you and I know that NORAD tracks EVERY little piece of space debris more than an inch in size.

So why the stall tactics? Even if it is as Phage claims a plane contrail, then it still begs the question why the "We know nothing, it's being investigated" nonsense?

If it's a secret mission, just say so... not much we can do about it
There were many secret shuttle missions and we survived those. (The launches were public, but the mission wasn't. Anyone can read that on Wikipedia
)

So something else is afoot... we are not looking in the right direction here

link   
It is a missile fox news report

video.foxnews.com...

probally a test NO ONE IS UNDER ATTACK

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
A thought I haven't seen mentioned as of yet...

"Accidental" pre-mature test launch by U.S. Military in a hazardous no-flight testing zone...

...successfully creates public hysteria and mass distraction. All MSM have their eyes on this story.

So, the final question is...

...what does the military want to distract the public away from in this transparent case of prestidigitation?

Houdini could make elephants disappear from on stage using the same methods. Copperfield could make the Statue of Liberty disappear using the same methods. What is the US Military trying to make disappear from the riveted MSM and eyes of the World?

link   

link   

Originally posted by AZWOODCHUCK
A little educated guessing here...
IMHO, it's not a modern ICBM. Plume looks too dark and dirty, speed is relatively slow for a missile.
Something a couple of generations old that could've been procured by someone with a relatively low
budget. My first thoughts were a surface to air missile probably aimed at something departing LAX.
I Haven't been able to access a very good copy of the video, not that it was very good to begin with.
If stage seperation can be determined, than it is probably not anti-aircraft.

Govt.'s lack of knowledge is troubling.

Surface to air stuff is fast.

link   
I'm not sure what anyone else can see, but for me at the top of this site is an ad for a movie called "Skyline" which is released on 11/11/10.

Hmmm. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Hollywood in California?

Publicity stunt?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

Wait? It was only a test? Then how come we were never warned?
Was it another country?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

They are probably just shooting off the missile to knock the asteroid that is on course to hit us off its current trajectory.
Whatever it was, it wasn't something being launched into orbit. It's clearly traveling to the west (if it really is from Los Angeles), but ALL orbital launches are done towards the east. To do otherwise means giving yourself an extra 2,000 miles per hour, at the equator, to overcome (due to the earth's rotation); it adds an enormous amount of fuel and weight for no reason, not to mention it would mean going the wrong way down a "one-way street" (nothing up there orbits from east to west; that'd be just begging for huge head-on collisions with only a few milliseconds of warning). Wherever it was headed, it was meant to hit the ground or ocean.

But what was it..... China? Top-secret DARPA project? Backyard hobbyist? Richard Branson? Paul Allen? We'll probably never know.

Back to work.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
some time ago, i did run thread to play with abbreviations(for ex., cia -- central idiotic agency
) who can say i was wrong???

link   
reply to post by zorgon

See my post right above you to get a different point of view.....

link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
My daughter's father works for USAF Space Command/DoD/Norad and this is his job - to monitor all launches all over the world. He watched this launch as it happened and monitored it.

Your "daughters father"?? ..... doesn't that make him your husband / ex-husband? Why not just say so? Or am I missing something?

On topic here, I have read through 8 pages, and I believe it is a launch from a US agency / military sector of some sort. They're just not telling us. Why would they admit to it?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Hi, I just found out about this and checked the web. And an article on our standard Norwegian news site VG.no(don't check it out if you don't want to)

Now this is just speculation on my hand, but there seems to be a cruise drifting between US and Mexico because the electricity failed "due to small engine fire". I'm just saying possible EMP.

translate.google.no...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I'm fairly sure that this missile belongs to these people:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by backinblack

channel6newsonline.com...

www.newscientist.com...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

www.smartplanet.com...

edit on 11/9/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

The more I look at the video. The more I think this guy could be right.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I really don't see why everyone isn't freaking out over this in the MSM.
You see one backpack in an airport and people go nuts, but an unidentified missile is no big deal?

"Launch unexplained by military; NORAD official says missile posed no threat to homeland"
That's not really comforting.

And the Pentagon is saying missile, not going with plane at the moment.
edit on 9-11-2010 by Sabreblade because: Because the Pentagon is saying missile.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
this is what happened

4:28 in the video[yvidwww.youtube.com...[/yvid]

www.youtube.com...
edit on 9-11-2010 by rushunt because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join