It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hack28
reply to post by Catch_a_Fire

I dont know what WWIII would be fought with but i know WW4 will be fought with sticks.

Oh my....where have I heard this before...lol

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
If this was a plane like some of you state can you tell me why at 45 secs into this video there is a green flash at the nose of the "plane"?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by BillRose
reply to post by windwaker

What if, and this is complete and total speculation but what if all of these "mysterious" missile launches that nobody seems to know about are really nuke missiles set to a timed launch to deflect a LARGE asteroid from hitting the earth?

Our government and that of all others would deffinately NOT tell us if we were in immanent danger of a large meteor impact so to prevent mass chaos.

Just thowing it out there. This is ATS after all......

I personally think that we could already see it coming if that was the case. We have other eyes that are beyond the governments grasp. Something like that would be a wet dream for somebody and they would release it to the public just to get into some spotlight.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ya, ya ya, you keep sticking to this yet you refuse to acknowledge that radar data and flight plan data would have been confirmed by now, it been almost 24 hrs. You also ignore that Rick Leventhal said that his Pentagon source confirmed it was a missle. Also, are you really saying that some weathermen know what a missle looks like, but NORAD and the Pentagon do not? Wow.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

i.bnet.com...

this one phage I'll give you looks similar ( wish we had video of it or maybe high res so I could see the top better)

The sunset conditions are similar... perspective is what everyone has a hard time with.. I'm still not convinced what we have off cali is a contrail though

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
A version of the video which appears to show more context -

Still think it's not just an aeroplane trail?

This version is clearer because it doesn't have the network bug logos all over it :-)
edit on 9-11-2010 by ommadawn because: spulling and more commentary

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Okay lets turn it on a other way. Lets assume it was an airplane. Shouldnt the FAA know about this?

Was there a plane at that time and location?
Can FAA confirm this?
Etc...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
If it was an attack the missile would of hit SOMETHING by now. Had to be a test with a top secret payload

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ommadawn

There are other videos that show a lot more than that one.
Some of them have even been posted. That was what 5 sec long?

link   
reply to post by butcherguy

]I have seen a Trident SLBM launch. It looked just like that one in the video.

Agreed. I've seen video of the Trident and Minuteman III missiles, and it is either one or the other of those, or else it is something very similar. Since the Trident is designed to launch from a sub, I'm leaning toward a Trident.

link   
video.foxnews.com...

we know for a fact is IS a missile... Just a weapons testing of some sort if it was an attack something would of been hit

this is a missile

link   
If this were an airplane, hollywood stunt and what ever else might pop into ones head - the Govt would have confirmation of it by now. How difficult could it be to confirm aircraft in the area at the time - ask Hollywood if it was a stunt and if so - they are crazier than we all thought. This is being kept secret and we may not know for some time, if ever, what happened.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Moose318

That was weird. You can clearly see the green flash.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks for the links but I did say military and agencies.
You linked to a few opinions from people in neither.
Surely they would know by now if it was a commercial jetliner.
The FAA would show them the flightpath.
Why then is the Gov still being coy if its a simple plane?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Thought Provoker

Clarification:

It's clearly traveling to the west (if it really is from Los Angeles), but ALL orbital launches are done towards the east. To do otherwise means giving yourself an extra 2,000 miles per hour, at the equator, to overcome (due to the earth's rotation)..

Yeeeeeesss.....launches to the east do get a "boost" in initial velocity, most added speed is at lower latitudes, closest to Equator. But, Earth's spin speed there is only about 1,000 MPH.

However, launching eastward from off the coast of California is not an option, obviously, because of danger to property/people downrange overland.

Still, some payloads ARE launched form the West Coast, into orbit. Mostly Polar orbits, from that location, as the inclination of the orbit gives it a path out over the Pacific on ascent, and no danger to anyone/thing on land.

en.wikipedia.org...

Although planned in the early stages of Space Shuttle development, no actual STS launches were conducted from Vandenberg. Shuttle, as everyone knows, never quite lived up to the sort of ambitious schedule, number of launches, that was hoped for initially....

spaceflight.nasa.gov...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, and hey!! Found another website that labels itself as "fighting ignorance"!! (Since 1973, they say)....huh???

(Also, and this is cute..."IT'S TAKING LONGER THAN WE THOUGHT"

Called "the straight dope". (Play on words....? Nah!) Anyways, question was "Have any Humans been launched into polar orbits?":

boards.straightdope.com...
edit on 9 November 2010 by weedwhacker because: fun

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Should have heard the later coverage of it before Shepard Smith came on. Out of all the "Explanation Cards" on the table, they actually thought a half-second that it could be a meteorite. Nearly flipping out in my recliner, how could the "Big-Wigs" even lay that explanation down on the table?
I assume its a good thing that I stopped myself from signing the line to serve, because if I did it would have been a moment utter embarrassment that I'm serving under powerful people that laid the meteorite card down. It almost seems that they had an exchange between their brain and a box of rocks.

link   
If the footage was not sped up, this is clearly not an airplane. It moves too fast. The contrail is too clumped up for horizontal flight.

link   
Chinese sub mis-fire.
Simply.

link   
Chinese sub mis-fire.
Simple.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Fox claims mystery is still unexplained.
Are they making news out of nothing now?
Whatever it was, it came as surprise and now someone is brainstorming an explanation. But, there may be complications???
Problem with timing?

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join