It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 102
<< 99  100  101    103  104  105 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
this is NOT an airplane, the longer video shows how this thing is flying UP, into space, from a helicopter view, it would have been obviouse of it was a plaine.. NO PLANE HERE, stop saying that,, concentrate on other possibilities.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by dethduck
For the third time, the "launch" in question occured on the 8th, not the 9th.
This thread was started after the one on the 8th, but something similar was seen 24 hours later on the 9th. I just posted a video of the one on the 9th, supposedly same time of day and location of the contrail, just 24 hours later.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
It could of been a mexican drug cartel that got a hold of a submarine and was looking to test a rocket. The cartells have billions of dollars and could of been buying arms dealsand this was an arms deal the helicopter guy was shooting the video for the cartels buyers and so when this all went down they are were going to act like they have no clue and the camera guy gets his scoop of the day... I am still not buying this is a plane.. This was fired under water most likly I am not believing a plane came out of nowhere with no records no flight plan and now NOTHING nada I am still not buying this plane idea. I am believing it is mexican drug cartel, a test rocket with a secret satellite payload, some type of missile testing, ANYTHING over *its a bird or a plane or the illusion*

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
fwiw, the editor of Jane's Missles and Rockets has an opinion- not that his would count more or anything...

" Doug Richardson, the editor of Jane’s Missiles and Rockets, examined the video for the Times of London and said he was left with little doubt.

"It’s a solid propellant missile," he told the Times. "You can tell from the efflux [smoke]."

Richardson said it could have been a ballistic missile launched from a submarine or an interceptor, the defensive anti-missile weapon used by Navy surface ships."

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mandoSD2012
this is NOT an airplane, the longer video shows how this thing is flying UP, into space, from a helicopter view, it would have been obviouse of it was a plaine.. NO PLANE HERE, stop saying that,, concentrate on other possibilities.

See this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm just waiting for this to go down...

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I am at an impass of disappointment that a few are trying to say this was from a plane. Seriously? Of the hundreds of thousands of planes that have flown our skys, has THIS ever happened before? I would believe this was some amature rocket before I believed airplane.

There are a few possiibilities, but I am very sorry to say- plane is not one of them. I have family retired from the airforce, and they just laughed when asked if this was an airplane.

A ballistic missle?? I'm guessing it was WAY too slow for something like that. I could be wrong, because I am no missle expert, but IF that was a military missle, then it was mising some defanite speed. That, OR this is how they test there new toys.

Maybe some goofy amature rocket launched off a boat?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mandoSD2012
NO PLANE HERE, stop saying that,, concentrate on other possibilities.
Sorry but that's what discussion boards are for, to look at all the possibilities.

Maybe you should also look at all the possibilities.

If it was so obvious what it was, we wouldn't be getting statements from officials that they don't know what it is. So no, it's not as obvious as you suggest.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

For the third time, the "launch" in question occured on the 8th, not the 9th.
This thread was started after the one on the 8th, but something similar was seen 24 hours later on the 9th. I just posted a video of the one on the 9th, supposedly same time of day and location of the contrail, just 24 hours later.

From post #1 of this thread

Originally posted by windwaker
This was just reported on CBS Early Show. A missile was launched off the coast of California yesterday.

The US Navy has no idea where the missile came from.

Is this someone trying to stage an EMP blast over American skies?

If anything causes me to go out and buy food and supplies, this is it!!!

This thread isn't about a missle launch on the 9th, there was none, just a lot of news coverage about the one on the 8th.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
For what it's worth...

from Page 55 of the current Notice to Mariners report:

"434/10(18).
EASTERN NORTH PACIFIC.
CALIFORNIA.
MISSILES.
1. INTERMITTENT MISSILE FIRING OPERATIONS 0001Z TO 2359Z
DAILY MONDAY THRU SUNDAY IN THE NAVAL AIR WARFARE CENTER
SEA RANGE. THE MAJORITY OF MISSILE FIRINGS TAKE PLACE
1400Z TO 2359Z AND 0001Z TO 0200Z DAILY MONDAY THRU FRIDAY
IN AREA BOUND BY
34-02N 119-04W, 33-52N 119-06W, 33-29N 118-37W,
33-20N 118-37W, 32-11N 120-16W, 31-54N 121-35W,
35-09N 123-39W, 35-29N 123-00W, 35-57N 121-32W,
34-04N 119-04W.
2. VESSELS MAY BE REQUESTED TO ALTER COURSE WITHIN THE ABOVE
AREA DUE TO FIRING OPERATIONS AND ARE REQUESTED TO CONTACT
PLEAD CONTROL ON 5081.5 MHZ (5080 KHZ) OR 3238.5 KHZ (3237 KHZ)
SECONDARY OR 156.8 MHZ (CH 16) OR 127.55 MHZ BEFORE ENTERING
THE ABOVE BOUNDARIES AND MAINTAIN CONTINUOUS GUARD WHILE
WITHIN THE RANGE.
3. VESSELS INBOUND AND OUTBOUND FOR SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA PORTS
WILL CREATE THE LEAST INTERFERENCE TO FIRING OPERATIONS
DURING THE SPECIFIC PERIODS, AS WELL AS ENHANCE THE VESSEL'S SAFETY WHEN PASSING THROUGH THE VICINITY OF THE SEA RANGE
IF THEY WILL TRANSIT VIA THE SANTA BARBARA CHANNEL AND WITHIN
NINE MILES OFFSHORE VICINITY OF POINT MUGU OR CROSS THE AREA
SOUTHWEST OF SAN NICOLAS ISLAND BETWEEN SUNSET AND SUNRISE.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
For what it is worth, I have seen hundreds if not a thousand missle/rocket launches. There is no doubt in my mind that what I saw on the early show yesterday was a ballistic missle. I have lived near (as within 350 feet of a runway) and have served in the usaf as have most of my family. And to this day where I live I can see the radar dome of a relatively high traffic airport. I have seen contrails on the ocean, in the mountains and everywhere except in the dessert, And I am certain there are several in the sky if I look outg my window right now, and never did they look even remotely like the video I saw. That is a chemtrail.

We have been launching sea based ICBM's for decades, YAWN......Everyone knows....

Does anyone keep track of who the disinfo agents are that post here? They seem to pop up frequently with explainations that are,,,well,,,hokey to say the least.....I have never really gotten the hang of understanding who posts what, and who is responding to what, it just doesn't jibe in my mind for some reason.

Things that are probable, more so than a weather balloon,,,err,,,contrail...

Deep Impact provided them with the info they needed, we and our space able allies have launched to either destroy, or change the orbit of an asteroid.

Display of either a space, sea, or air based anti missle technology before the pres goes to Korea.

Accidental firing of a Missle,

I doubt that a rogue nation or a homebrew were the cause. The response would not be quietness. unless it was done remotely and everyones eyes are in the wrong place. As any vet knows you go on alert if someone sneezes wrong.

Anti sat launch to take out someones new prized posession.

Treason

Somethings a foot, that is for sure, but what is elusive at this point. wish I had more time to go back and scan the the news and find out, but I am otherwise occupied.

I, like the rest of you, am curiorus to be learned by the PTB what is going on.

Lets hope they know what they are doing.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by marcsnothere
I am at an impass of disappointment that a few are trying to say this was from a plane. Seriously? Of the hundreds of thousands of planes that have flown our skys, has THIS ever happened before?
This has already been posted about 10 times but not by me yet, so it's my turn now I guess. Yes it has happened before, December 31 2009:

Jet contrails from some angles look like missile trails

An interesting contrail cropped up off the coast of San Clemente, Orange County, California on December 31st 2009. The curious shape led some people to think it’s a missile launch, which it does kind of look like (all taken from San Clemente)

That was also off the California coast at sunset, so it's a pattern.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
After viewing, hearing and weighing up you come to a conclusion. This conclusion is your own and its based on many things...what you see, what you hear, who you hear it from, what your peers are saying, what the dissinfo agents are saying, what people arnt saying, especially government and what else is going on at the same time.

Thats what Ive done....result, Missile.

respects

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Ok I'm going to tell it to you staight people.

There is no doubt in my mind what so ever that. We knew what it was as soon as it broke the horizon. It was tracked... Hello ...Thats what we do. We track, we identify trejectory(IFF), we intercept or we launch retalitory stikes. Or we id and we scamble/intercept. Or we say oh sh_t someone saw our stuff play dumb. No its wasn't us. Send out the staff scientist to discredit and report back.

How about the truth for once.

Yes we had something break the horizon at X time and tracked it on this course heading IFF. What it was .... Plane aircraft smugglers blimp what ever unidentified craft..

This stuff is getting old and yes we are stupid to believe what is spoken. If we shot a missle off early in the morning its because your not supposed to see it stupid.

Could this have been someone sneaking down our coast and lighting off a bird and sneaking off as NORAD tracks missle by the time we have anything overhead its GONE. Highly possible. This is China's MO. Remember the Kitty hawk peek aboo I see you. Also regarding that case I hope we were letting them think they were stealth but were tracking acoustical signature.

Go back to sleep people you saw nothing...Moving along.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

This thread isn't about a missle launch on the 9th, there was none, just a lot of news coverage about the one on the 8th.

Although FL808 which produced the contrail which was mistaken for a missile on the 8th did fly over again on the 9th at almost the same time, with a similar, though slightly less, dramatic effect.

www.bahneman.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by bputman

bputman

If you don't mind me asking: what makes you believe that this was not a contrail?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
First of all, this could have simply been put to rest is the news camera just kept on taking the picture so we could see where the "missile" went. If it ended up coming in for a landing at LA airport then it was an airplane.

If it were a missile in flight then NORAD would have picked it up on radar.

If it were a airplane then the FAA would have it recorded in their flight plan database and the area radar controller records would also show the aircraft flight path.

So simple. What is the big deal trying to figure this out.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

All of those images show contrails that are obviously lit from below, from the setting sun. This trail from the 8th isn't being lit from below but rather from behind.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The possibility of a contrail seems to be wrong. The smoke is very, very dense. Have you ever seen an airplane leaving such a dense trail in the air? I have not. Furthermore, most jets have at least two engines and therefore a single trail is even less probable.

Its appearance only matches the trails from rockets and it doesn't take any expertise to realize that.

Edited for typo.
edit on 10-11-2010 by mailboxuser2009 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by dneudecker
reply to post by Arbitrageur

All of those images show contrails that are obviously lit from below, from the setting sun. This trail from the 8th isn't being lit from below but rather from behind.
Sorry, I don't understand.

Are you saying the trail that's the topic of this thread isn't also illuminated by the setting sun?

I don't understand the distinction you're trying to make, the optical effect happens at dusk when the sun is setting.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
After reading this thread, I, an insignificant nobody, am saddened by the analytical prowess and logical deduction or the lack of it amongst the many posters.

1. A mysterious 'missle' liked object was shot into the skies - a fact. Contrails do not grow from the atmosphere. It needs to come out of 'something'. What was that 'thing'?

2. Flights plans are always documented in advance and flight advisories are sent for crafts to avoid such areas. The aviation authorities including the different military arms DO KNOW in advance of any flight. Why are the authorities denying knowledge of this mysterious flight?

3. Some may claim to know the flight details, and had posted the flight advisory to claim that it was that mysterious flight. But what was the thing, who was the orignator, what or who was in the launch, who were the personnel involved, where was the final destination, etc, etc? - details that were missing?

4. In this era of Homeland Security SS style dictatorship, it is unbelieveable that the HS dept had not be all over within seconds of the launch!!?? Were the Homeland Security, that costs taxpayers billions a year since its inception, sleeping while the public were alarmed???? They oughta be sacked immediately!!!!

5. Cheyenne Mountain oughta be able to track the object once it's in the atmosphere within seconds, whether it had shot into space, or exploded, or dropped back into the sea, and yet, why the silence, more so with a public alarmed? Was their tracking systems disabled?

Folks, there is more than meets the eyes over this one.....

top topics

<< 99  100  101    103  104  105 >>

join