It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 99
<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX
Most probably a jet aircraft contrail. Here's a similar one which turned out to be nothing but an aircraft contrail (Not a missile) that looks strikingly similar to the one under discussion. This is the Dec 31st 2009 contrail, off the coast of San Clemente, Orange County, California, not the Nov 8th CBS one.....

More...

True. But was there media or military attention paid to those like there is now?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
This was just a commercial plane being filmed from a weird angle that is all!

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Aisling

Yes that is a bit strong although I share his or hers frustration. It was the pictures I was referring too. They show that this type of effect is nothing more than a jetliners contrail.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Bombers were seen prior to the alleged missile:

______beforeitsnews/story/257/002/Bombers_Seen_Before_Missile._Weekend_Warning_on_to_something.html

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Invisagoth
I saw this thing. I'd like to take a minute to recount what I saw.

Me and 15 of my friends. We were all set up in the back of my friend's yard playing music and having a grand ol time. At some point the police showed up and shut us down. Funny thing, right around when that happened this gigantic red thing goes flying through the sky. Now, I live in Ventura, CA - the channel islands are right off the coast here and what me and friends remember seeing was a big red meteor looking thing (big red fireball) go streaking from the northern sky to the southern sky, over the ocean. It did not appear to "take off" from the channel islands, although I could be wrong. It did APPEAR first in the sky. In fact, it was kind of scary because when it came into view it was big, flaming and red - it appeared to be arcing right into us, but, after watching it for a minute or two it appeared to just be something streaking over the ocean. Me and all my friends were pretty well convinced it was a meteor actually. We all thought it was entering the atmosphere and burning up. It never occurred to me that it may be a rocket. I certainly did not see it launch.

OK, friend, please rewind and describe the motion against the sky, not over various cartographic citations that are impossible to interpret. Where was it when you first spotted it, relative to the set sun? How high in the sky? What direction was the track across the sky? About how long did it take? Did it get brighter or darker as it proceeded? This could be very important but so far the information in your report is too ambiguous to be useful.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by boomadatigger

Originally posted by OrionHunterX

True. But was there media or military attention paid to those like there is now?

Nope! This one was flashed far and wide because the video was shot by a KCBS News helicopter!!

Darn! The effect the MSM have over ordinary mortals like us!!

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Aaaaah, a plane! Well we should hurry and call the Pentagon, because they still don't know what it is and are very worried, because the media is awaiting for an explanation!

C'mon, wake up! There is an obvious fear-mongering, but I think it might not be only that, because if it was a pure fear-mongering all the media would be talking about it.

Again, as I said in my first post here - stop trying to figure out what it was and start thinking about what you really can do about it.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

lol people like the person who made that video are idiots

if this was a plane, this would have ended 2 days ago, because flight logs would have been checked and confirmed that same day

plus images =/= video evidence

troll harder morons
edit on 10-11-2010 by bevigilant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   

I understand that you feel frustrated. I guess I'm not really frustrated. I'm just curious

2nd

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
ok, so no one is admitting anything...too be expected. So what do they do next? They get their Internet propoganda machine into top gear. You could write a master psychology degree thesis just by looking at this and many many threads on many boards right now.

This is the face of war in this day and age. Controll the thoughts and impressions online and you controll the world. We all have diffirent views and arguments to support these views... all are worthy but dont expect the masses to follow your answer blindly because of length of membership, stars, flags or reputation.

I, like others have stated, follow my own thoughts and take advice from those I know are qualified to give it not anonymous avatars on a conspiracy site.

My son, fully qualified and licenced to go worldwide ( Even his US licence) as a Senior Aircraft Technician, and his colleagues state categorically that this is a missile. So who do I believe them or a member on any board who happens to find a videa or a quote online.

This was a missile, the debunkers are trying too hard and the majority know it.

respects
edit on 10-11-2010 by captiva because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Yesterday I didn't think so but today I'm forced to admit that Phage was right this whole time; it's a contrail. There's a longer bit of video that in my mind clears it up. Near the end of the footage there is a break in the trail & then it picks up again but with a much shorter trail. Rockets don't do this.

www.necn.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
IF this is a plane, and pentagon confirms this after two days, then we can know for sure it is a red herring.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
This reminds me of a book of optical illusions one of my sons has.

A case of "Look it's a witch.." "oh yes a witch!"... "no I see a beautiful lady"

I can only see a plane flying towards the camera... contrail streaking horizontally from furthest [thickest part] to nearest [thinest part]

I'm not about to read 100 pages but has anyone zoomed in on the 'tip' to see the plane?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by bevigilant

lol people like the person who made that video are idiots

if this was a plane, this would have ended 2 days ago, because flight logs would have been checked and confirmed that same day

plus images =/= video evidence

troll harder morons
edit on 10-11-2010 by bevigilant because: (no reason given)

Why would they be checked ? They have better things to do than check when planes have gone by just because some people are convinced its a missile. I don't think they give a hoot. And are probably laughing their backsides of at all the commotion over a planes contrail.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   

if the pentagon doesnt know what it is, they will cross check everything to find out... one of the first things they wopuld've checked is flight logs and paths

even we on ATS have done this before, for UFO sightings, and realised that most of them are planes.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Im gonna have to go with show of military force due to the President being in Asia! Most likley from a sub.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
This whole thing transcends weird.

I worked as a news reporter for about ten years. We used to get calls to the news room about ‘incidents’ going on all over the place. Being focused on what was called ‘spot’ news, reporters had somewhat of an unofficial checklist to follow when investigating these ‘incidents’ in the development of a story for air or publication (I worked both in radio and in print).

Taking that experience, here’s basically what should have happened in that news room.

Reporter calls newsroom and says, Hey, I think I’ve got video of a missile launch and it looks like that sucker is headed out to sea . . . not sure if it is actually a missile, but it is definitely something. Video coming to you in five, four, three, two, one . . . sending . . .

That video would be in the news room in a matter of seconds.

Assignment and news editors would gather around a monitor and view the video. If they felt it was something worthy of following up, they’d assign various people in the newsroom to chase through their contacts to find out what was up. Now, in terms of contacts, a reporter, associate producer, producer or editor has hundreds if not thousands they’ve cultivated through the years and I can guarantee you that they contact them quite often to get the on the record and off the record version of what’s going on.

Clearly, and in this case, I can guarantee those contacts . . . those in the military, emergency services, homeland security, airport officials, airline officials, ground control workers, air traffic control personnel, weather folks with access to radar and whoever else would be of help . . . were contacted pretty damn quickly to find out if the country was under attack.

Lets face it . . . with varying ‘groups’ out there either threatening or even ‘chattering’ about attacking the US on their own soil . . . this WAS a priority to determine exactly what the flying, trail spewing object was . . . and there wouldn’t be a person allowed to rest until they found out.

C’mon folks, give it a thought. Do any of you actually believe that the collective military and various branches of security assigned to protect US soil would actually sit around a situation room and say I dunno to their superiors and still have a job south of the frost line five minutes later?

To quote a rather old euphemism . . . . NOT

If it was a regular passenger, cargo, charter or otherwise normal flight, that would have been dealt with immediately and that footage would never have seen the light of day.

But somebody somewhere couldn’t get the answers and that’s why the CBS affiliate ran with the story . . . again because nobody is giving any answers.

Now, why is that?

Are they trying to keep Mr. and Mrs. Nextdoor’s flight to Australia a secret?
Are they trying to preserve the sanctity of a Fed Ex cargo flight to Singapore?
Are they making sure that the Harlem Globetrotter’s charter flight to South Korea remains secret from the Police Athletic League of Seoul so as to make sure the Globetrotters win yet again?

If it was a normal flight, this whole story would have hit the cutting room floor or the ‘forget it’ spike in the news room immediately.

But here we are in Day 2 of What the HELL was THAT?.

If our various branches of the military, government, special operations and the like can tell you with certainty the color of the snot bubbles being blown by some blubbering Al Qaida bigwig whilst evading the Cruise missile crosshairs by hiding in some high-altitude crevice in Afghanistan’s mountainous regions, they sure as hell can determine exactly what that was in the west coast sky.

They have chosen not to divulge what that was and, just as the travesty of the government forking over a trillion dollars to the muckity mucks of this country has faded into ‘oh well’, so too will this ‘incident’.

Maybe it was a missile . . . or a satellite launch . . . or a ‘special’ flight to get a fresh carton of smokes to the Prez while he’s jaunting around pretending to save our economic asses.

Maybe it was the ghost of Kermit the damn frog, farting his way to the great beyond.

We can all pick sides and say what we think it is . . . and both sides can probably back up their assertions with some sort of evidence . . . save and except the gaseous Kermit thing . . . and we’ll all have to agree to disagree because the one certain thing here is that we’ll probably really never know.

And, as they say, that’s just the way it is.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Military Says Missile-Like Object Wasn't Missile

More than a day after a CBS camera caught video of an unidentified projectile leaving a condensation trail off the California coast, the situation remains a mystery, with the Defense Department insisting that it was not a missile.

The Pentagon is still not sure what that was in the sky off the coast of California -- except that it was not a missile fired by the U.S. or some other country, reports CBS News Pentagon correspondent David Martin.

The video of what looks for all the world like the contrail of a missile was shot Monday evening by KCBS cameraman Gil Leyvas from a news helicopter over Los Angeles.

"I saw a big plume coming up, rising from looked like beyond the horizon and it continued to grow," Leyvas said.

www.cbsnews.com...

- "Yeah, right!" We all have seen planes in the air - and rockets and missiles... At least hundreds of pics and videos about those - And I am sure this what ever it was - wasnt any plane.

link   

Originally posted by ethancoop
Yesterday I didn't think so but today I'm forced to admit that Phage was right this whole time; it's a contrail. There's a longer bit of video that in my mind clears it up. Near the end of the footage there is a break in the trail & then it picks up again but with a much shorter trail. Rockets don't do this.

www.necn.com...

Man, thats a fake I think..The first few seconds are the same but then it changes to something completly different. There is only one vid that I am aware of and that aint it..

link   
reply to post by captiva

What I don't understand is the level of hostility or anger that some have, in their need to convince others that their truth is the truth, and if you don't agree with them, then out comes the name calling or hostility. Then suddenly you can't talk about it anymore. I truly hope that does not happen here as it has been a pleasure reading this thread so far.

top topics

<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join