It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 100
<< 97  98  99    101  102  103 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by bevigilant
reply to post by tarifa37

if the pentagon doesnt know what it is, they will cross check everything to find out... one of the first things they wopuld've checked is flight logs and paths

even we on ATS have done this before, for UFO sightings, and realised that most of them are planes.

Yeah maybe they will get the work experience guy to go over the flight plans
honestly I think they don't give a monkeys. They know its a planes contrail but won't bother checking it out to confirm ,why would they? There is no threat.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
My son, fully qualified and licenced to go worldwide ( Even his US licence) as a Senior Aircraft Technician, and his colleagues state categorically that this is a missile. So who do I believe them or a member on any board who happens to find a videa or a quote online.

Because many on this board are more qualified than your son! Just because he's an aircraft technician does not mean he's the final authority on atmospheric phenomenon.
What's the connection anyway?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

He test flies them, he knows them and more importantly I know he is qualified. I would question your point about many on here being more qualified, but, nah off topic. The discussion here is about the missile not whether your sources are qualified or not. Mine is.

respects

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Now, it's a plane.

I believe the original reports from the Pentagon "We don't have a clue".

Now, the public BS statements for the sheeple so we don't think we wasted trillions of dollars in defense the last 20 years so China or Russia can park a SSBN off our coast then launch a test rocket and no one knows they are there. Otherwise, there would be a public uproar about our lack of protection and wasted money.

Oddly, my first thought was a rocket off a container ship and EMP burst that fizzled.

Chances are very good we will never know the truth about this. Sure, we'll be told what to believe, but no one will ever fess up and say it was someone test firing a missile.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX

Originally posted by captiva
My son, fully qualified and licenced to go worldwide ( Even his US licence) as a Senior Aircraft Technician, and his colleagues state categorically that this is a missile. So who do I believe them or a member on any board who happens to find a videa or a quote online.

Because many on this board are more qualified than your son! Just because he's an aircraft technician does not mean he's the final authority on atmospheric phenomenon.
What's the connection anyway?

Exactly who on here is more qualified?
I read most posts and I've seen pilots, military and others all say its not a plane.
I have seen similarly qualified members post that it is a plane.
So what do qualifications really mean?
I'm qualified. I have two eyes and a brain..

edit on 10-11-2010 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
The spin doctors are busy. Just as the Cuban missile crisis, confessions will emerge in due time. However, the clues are already out there. It's a matter of abstract thinking used to pull the puzzle pieces together.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rinchon
Did anyone see this for themselves? I can't find any YouTube videos or eyewitness reports other than the lone helicopter pilot who took the video. Seems weird that there are not more eyewitness accounts. Maybe this is an elaborate hoax to get national news coverage.

BINGO!!! I'm certain now it is a hoax, though I'm not certain it ever even happened? Certainly makes a fool of the media!

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by hinky
Now, it's a plane.

I believe the original reports from the Pentagon "We don't have a clue".

Now, the public BS statements for the sheeple so we don't think we wasted trillions of dollars in defense the last 20 years so China or Russia can park a SSBN off our coast then launch a test rocket and no one knows they are there. Otherwise, there would be a public uproar about our lack of protection and wasted money.

Oddly, my first thought was a rocket off a container ship and EMP burst that fizzled.

Chances are very good we will never know the truth about this. Sure, we'll be told what to believe, but no one will ever fess up and say it was someone test firing a missile.

I also had that thought of an EMP, because of the cruise ship that got towed to Mexico, with no power. They mentioned so far on Canadian news this morning that it's still a complete mystery after more than a day. If it was a plane, and they were looking into that possibility yesterday, why wouldn't they know yet. There should be flight records and databases that can be accessed easily and fast in this day and age. It was before dinner hour last night that they said they were trying to figure that out, as well as taking inventory on their missiles to make sure none were missing.
The economists this morning are talking about the G20 talks being more heated than usual, because of both the USA and China accusing each other of currency wars, by purposely deflating the money. I wonder if the mystery object will also get a mention?

Update: They had a military analyst from MIT on, and they don't think it was "show of force", they think it was probably a plane, although they still aren't sure, they're still looking into it. They aren't ruling out anything at this time.
edit on 10-11-2010 by snowspirit because: Updating.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
My guess is this is looking like a launch from a foreign country. Only recently, North Korea has developed a ICBM missle with the assistance of Iran. It can be fitted to the side of a submarine and launched from underwater. They also have a towing device which you can attach to the sub and it can be towed to a launch site underwater. If this is what happened, no wonder the government isn't forth coming.

www.dailynk.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
found this, guess the pentagon didnt get the memo
KZLA LOS ANGELES (ARTCC)PALMDALE, CA.
A2832/10 NOTAMN A) KZLA B) 1011092000 C) 1011100100
E) THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS ARE REQUIRED DUE TO NAVAL AIR
WARFARE CENTER WEAPONS DIVISION ACTIVATION OF W537.
IN THE INTEREST OF SAFETY, ALL NON-PARTICIPATING PILOTS
ARE ADVISED TO AVOID W537. IFR TRAFFIC UNDER ATC JURISDICTION
SHOULD ANTICIPATE CLEARANCE AROUND W537 AND CAE 1176.
CAE 1155 WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR OCEANIC TRANSITION.
CAE 1316 & CAE 1318 WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR OCEANIC TRANSITION.
CAE 1177 WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR OCEANIC TRANSITION.
W537 ACTIVE, CAE 1176 CLOSED.
F) SURFACE G) FL390

This is for the area mentioned--sorry about the all caps its posted that way on the site

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by sentinel007
My guess is this is looking like a launch from a foreign country. Only recently, North Korea has developed a ICBM missle with the assistance of Iran. It can be fitted to the side of a submarine and launched from underwater. They also have a towing device which you can attach to the sub and it can be towed to a launch site underwater. If this is what happened, no wonder the government isn't forth coming.

www.dailynk.com...

And that's what I've been leaning toward since I first heard about this. Something's up.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by gwynned

Originally posted by Rinchon
Did anyone see this for themselves? I can't find any YouTube videos or eyewitness reports other than the lone helicopter pilot who took the video. Seems weird that there are not more eyewitness accounts. Maybe this is an elaborate hoax to get national news coverage.

BINGO!!! I'm certain now it is a hoax, though I'm not certain it ever even happened? Certainly makes a fool of the media!

No Bingo..Many people saw it.They just didnt film it.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Someone is lauhging at us right now??? But who??? I still believe that a sub of the US is hijacked by ther own people??? And the goverment will deny this every moment??? But we wait for the real missile!!!!

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Looks like it is merely a contrail from an airplane at a steep angle. Wind currents are making it spread out more at the base and twist a bit. Good example HERE

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Ok, I can see why people are up in debt over missile or airliner. After looking at the pictures of the contrails i'm actually lead to believe that this is indeed a missile. For one, all those contrail pic's people are posting are from a different perspective then the "mystery missile", remember it was recorded in the air (news helicopter), while the contrail pic's are taken from ground level. Two, in almost all the contrail pictures there is a visible landscape in the distance that the contrail is coming up behind, where as the "mystery missile" shot there is only flat ocean. Finally, the shot of the "exhaust" which seemed to flicker, further lead me to believe this was indeed a missile.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Didn't the helicopter pilot continue to watch this event? Cause if he did and it was a plane it would eventually changed how it looked as it flew overhead. Outbound planes (East to West) would start from the other side (land). If this starts at what looks like the horizon over the Pacific then it would be traveling inbound (West to East) and eventually easily be seen as a plane. I live in the midwest and we have airliners all the time traveling coast to coast. Many of them first look like something going straight up. But as you continue to watch they change to an obvious airliner flying overhead. Also, if this is a news camera on a helicopter, why isn't there more footage? They shoot wildfires and car chases for hours. Have a feeling KCBS knows what it is. There has to be more video.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker
This was just reported on CBS Early Show. A missile was launched off the coast of California yesterday.

The US Navy has no idea where the missile came from.

I guarantee you, the US Navy knows where it came from. They just ain't tellin'.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
How about it's a test of a new "stealth missile" that doesn't show on radar?

Or maybe it's a plain missile. Pun intended.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Now the military is saying that it was not a missile. What the heck. It sure looks like one and every expert says it was so why would the military now be saying this I wonder.

Military Says Missile-Like Object Wasn't Missile

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
If it truly is a plane, then should be no trouble announcing which flight, etc. The fact that they HAVEN'T done this yet (or immediately after the hoopla started), really points to a lousy cover story. I've seen jet contrails that resemble rockets before, but this doesn't seem to fit the footage I saw.

top topics

<< 97  98  99    101  102  103 >>

join