It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion is morally WRONG

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Ok he can make a judgment however its not a correct judgment. Men will never know what its like to give birth and a woman will never know what its like to get kicked in the balls.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xiamara
I did not compare it first May I say you did... By comparing murdering your neighbors for loud music. Now you see how absurd your comparison is...

No, I don't.

I don't see the difference between murdering a neighbour, because they irritate you, and aborting an unborn child, for the same reason.

My point is you will never know what child birth feels like or the risks it has since you are male so you cannot judge a woman for not wanting to go through with it.

Just as I'll never know ( hopefully ) what it feels like to murder someone.

That doesn't mean that I can't judge a murderer.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
You realise that woman have impulses to have sex just as much as men?

Please quote me, where I suggested otherwise.

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
Why should be expected to live with the out-come when she cannot fully provide for the child?

Because, the woman has the responsibility for her pregnancy.

It's her decision to have sex, and consequently, it's her responsibility for the potential occurrences of her actions.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Your own statement shows that your blaming women fully and Men have no blame...
edit on 24-10-2010 by Xiamara because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Please explain? Since it does take 2 to tango a man does need to contribute sperm since Parthenogenesis in humans is not proven. Also give me some stats.. Otherwise your information is purely opinion.

Maybe I'm unusual, but all of my sexual experiences have relied on the woman giving her consent by inference or explicit intention.

Considering the fact that I couldn't have had sexual intercourse with any of my previous ''women'', without their approval, then I think the instigation of our sexual union was 100% down to the lady in question...

Thankfully that is a story from my friend, not myself personally. But not all men are as nice as you seem to think they are. There are many women out there who are put in this situation and its not rape but at the same time...

Well, I don't think it's that ''thankful'' that your friend had to endure those experiences.

I never said that all men were ''nice''. You continually misrepresent my points.

Also there are many young girls and boys who do not have access to birth control or even know about proper birth control.

This point was already covered in my previous posts.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosha

I would sure hate to be in the position of telling Jesus that the words He heard from the Father were just ego

Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth

There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; that very word which I spoke

edit on 24-10-2010 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Your own statement shows that your blaming women fully and Men have no blame...

Please quote, where I said that men shoulder no blame towards a woman's pregnancy.

I'd appreciate it, if you could do that.

Then again, you are probably just deflecting.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
...a man CAN judge whether abortion is moral or not but their opinion cannot be applied to themselves - so, its about as valuable as the opinion of a mechanic who has never driven a car or a hairdresser whose own hair looks like a family of rats has been living in it for a decade.

Do you realise how silly and illogical your post is ?

I'm guessing that you can't.

I've never personally experienced murder, rape, armed robbery, burglary or arson... None of those experiences have ever happened to me, so my judgement on these scenarios is as valuable as a hooky car-mechanic !

Yeah, that makes sense.

edit on 24-10-2010 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
To Xiamara and Sherlock

I think the both of you should knock it in the head now, it's pretty clear the both of you are never going to agree on most things and you're both starting to embarrass yourselves.

Sherlock - Men do need to take responsibility for their actions as men do play a major part in making babies, you are insulting the decent men out there who take their responsibility seriously, you are also insulting the decent women out there who are put in situations they didn't ask for

Xiamara - Most men are not the monsters you seem to conveying and you are insulting both men and women, focusing on the the bad examples of men is never good and always potraying women as victims is an insult to women as there are many, many strong women out there who are capable of eating men alive (good for them i say)

so please for the love that's good and holy will you both just agree to to disagree??

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Traydor

I agree... I just dislike when men Make broad assumptions that women are whores... Please forgive me though, as a woman I dislike men telling me what I can and can't do with my body and that will never change.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

reply to post by Traydor

I agree... I just dislike when men Make broad assumptions that women are whores... Please forgive me though, as a woman I dislike men telling me what I can and can't do with my body and that will never change.

You are completely right in what your saying, no one has the right to tell anybody what to do with their bodies and it's also wrong for people to tar a group with the same brush, as the saying goes....

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Attempts to suppress abortion and people's choices are morally wrong.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
What I've always wondered about is why can we kill the child in the womb and yet the moment they are born they become sacred life? I would have loved to abort my teenagers. If we have the right to take their life at 14 weeks we should also have the right to take their life at 14 years. Still,.....

Abortion is neither moral or immoral.It's just another tool in our arsenal. Let me explain.

Say you build a fishing dock on the lake. It takes all day as you pound away with your trusty hammer, driving each nail with precision and creating the perfect place to while away your days. At the end of the day you go to bed and dream of the fish you're going to catch. The next morning you gather your gear and go outside and find your neighbor is already on your dock fishing. Reeling in the ones you were hoping for yourself. You pick up the hammer and kill your neighbor with it.

Is the hammer now immoral? Is it something to be condemned and ostracized?

No, It's still just a hammer.

Morals don't apply to things such as hammers or abortion, they apply to people. It's a code of conduct uniquely our own and apply only to the human animal.

You should be careful judging the soul and decisions of another, those judgments will certainly come back to haunt you.

wupy

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

It is also morally wrong to force YOUR religious beliefs upon OTHERS. Not to mention, it goes against the creed of this great nation (Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness).

The moral minority must be stopped in their quest to enforce THEIR definition of morality upon others.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brood
Attempts to suppress abortion and people's choices are morally wrong.

So it's morally wrong to suppress someone's ''choice'' to murder you ?

Give me a break !

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I come in peace, so let me throw in my 2 cents.

I, as a man, would never attempt to impregnate a woman who I either knew or who I felt would abort my unborn child. There, simple enough right? Forsight and vision go along way. I am a responsible person and would not attempt to have a child unless the woman who I was with wanted to have one too.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rustami
reply to post by Rosha

I would sure hate to be in the position of telling Jesus that the words He heard from the Father were just ego

Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth

There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; that very word which I spoke

edit on 24-10-2010 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

The ego is in the slinging around of scripture trying to push points and score a win. Grow up..

There is a God..and you are not it.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
I've never personally experienced murder, rape, armed robbery, burglary or arson... None of those experiences have ever happened to me, so my judgement on these scenarios is as valuable as a hooky car-mechanic !
Yeah, that makes sense.

...the difference, sherlock, is that you could commit murder, rape, armed robbery, burglary or arson... you can NEVER get pregnant or give birth...

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nathwa
I come in peace, so let me throw in my 2 cents.

I, as a man, would never attempt to impregnate a woman who I either knew or who I felt would abort my unborn child. There, simple enough right? Forsight and vision go along way. I am a responsible person and would not attempt to have a child unless the woman who I was with wanted to have one too.

Ahh..what relief.....a male capeable of personal accountability and conscious of his personal responsibility...
Thank you! I had thought you were an extinct species.

Rosha

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosha

Thank you for your compliments and confidence.

As I understand it, it isnt that men allegedly such as myself are a rare breed, but in fact, it would seem that people of logic and virtue, regardless of sex, are rare.

I am also thankful that someone appreciates endangered species

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join