It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion is morally WRONG

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
You know, its one thing to talk someone out of suicide, its another thing to stick around and help them after the fact. Same goes with abortions. You can try talk a lady out of getting an abortion, but are you going to support her through the pregnancy? And the entire raising of the child over a course of 18 years? No. If its not your child then your going to not bother.
Lets say they out-lawed abortions tomorrow. In a decade stories about "backstreet abortions" would make for normal readings in the paper. There would be kids RESENTED by their parents because they "Took away their freedom" What happens to resented kids unhappy at home? Its a possibility they *Might* turn to petty crime. The point i'm trying to make is that you cant instil morals into people - They are either there or they are not.
Morals are for idealists. We live in a time where there is no room for ideals.
At the end of the day woman are not going to stop having sex because they fear pregnancy and responsibility. Sex is wonderful, its just a shame that the end product can sometimes result in a baby.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

["Sex is wonderful, its just a shame that the end product can sometimes result in a baby.']

wonder if someone thinks that about you? same measure you use?

edit on 24-10-2010 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

Riiiight But this has nothing to do with abortion. Religion should remain a personal belief system and should not be applied to others who do not follow the same faith. I am atheist I do not believe in Christ, therefore your scripture means nothing to me it is but a nice fairy tale that some choose to believe. My morals are based on personal experience and societal norms. If you choose to quote scripture in an argument I suggest you debate this with others who share the same faith, I do not think the bible is an adequate source of knowledge. Or if you do quote scripture explain perhaps why you chose such section and explain your views on it using your own words. Quoting more scripture only proves you have no opinion, but hide behind your god in fear of having a voice of your own.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

Very true. Children can be a major pain and I know parents who go, "damn wait to have children, if I didn't have these kids I'd be in Mexico getting hammered. I love my kids but I miss being young and free, wait until you want to settle down."

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

as usual like so many you must have missed that part in my own words before reading or knowing any scriptures, and your unbelief will not affect whatsoever the reality of who you will meet now or later regardless of any crafty smooth sounding words or wishes even from the wisest of decievers or "scholars"-may not like that but I know what I've seen and heard for a FACT you and they have no idea, so I tell whoever regardless-and it's not that I think I'm without fault or holier than thou AT ALL but obviously the One I heard is-just as it written

For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine, and you say, 'He has a demon.' The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and you say, 'Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and "sinners." ' But wisdom is proved right by all her children."

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

I did read your own information however there was so little to it that It was just some person citing scripture. Again, I asked why choose that passage maybe explain to those who are unbelievers like myself. As such I have religious background as my father is a devout catholic. I however choose to believe if there were a higher power that higher power would accept and love all even for their mistakes instead God hates those who do not believe. Every good parent loves their child no matter what they do, the Christian/Catholic god does not thus I cannot believe a god who advocates violence, intolerance and blind submission. It is why I cannot take your responses seriously it is an argument without logic or reasoning it is just regurgitation of another thoughts.

If you believe you cannot explain to those who do not believe why post at all? I believe in reasoning your arguments. If you want to post scripture do so, but use it to defend a point YOU are making you have no point. Even If i do not believe I do take people interpretations of scripture and listen to what they say. An atheist teacher I once had, read the bible cover to cover. She said " you can prove any argument you want using the bible, there are so many interpretations and perspectives for each quote that you could prove god supports murder and rape and using a quote 2 pages later prove he doesn't"

I am very open to hearing your opinions on your quotes however just stating you believe is not evidence enough WHY do you believe what do YOU think god is trying to tell us?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

thats funny, He was murdered (how ironic to the subject eh?) and God called a liar (see the irony yet?), same ole same ole-and has everything to do with self seeking pleasure as a PRIORITY obviously as stated by a few posters (again ironic) and not only is that openly admitted here but also seemingly exposed throughout the scriptures, judge for yourself what you think they're talking about, and again I share same kind of body and very aware of the war my members make and an attractive one at that (been told by many in the past that I look like one of the voted sexiest looking stars of all time) and have had many foolish experiences to boot- I am very aware of pleasure and the strong draw to prioritize it and in fact have done that before -

Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, "Did God really say, 'You must not eat from any tree in the garden'?"

When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it.

all because of the wanton lust of a harlot, alluring, the mistress of sorceries, who enslaved nations by her prostitution and peoples by her witchcraft.

Yet she multiplied her whoredoms, in calling to remembrance the days of her youth, wherein she had played the harlot in the land of Egypt. For she doted upon their paramours, whose flesh is as the flesh of asses, and whose issue is like the issue of horses.

But she who lives in pleasure is dead while she lives.

This title was written on her forehead: MYSTERY BABYLON THE GREATTHE MOTHER OF PROSTITUTESAND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

In her was found the blood of prophets and of the saints, and of all who have been killed on the earth.

Prompted by her mother, she said, "Give me here on a platter the head of John the Baptist."

The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life.

Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

I think you must be a macho man no ??
so I think you never did ask yourself what you would do in case you were violated by a homosexual other man that made you pregnant ( just theoretical questioning ok ?? do you follow ?? can you think that far ?? - you see .. how could you ever be violated by a women to get you pregnant ok ??? think a bit more about it !! )
so you are violated by a man, you are a women ( but now for understanding because it is difficult for you to do so I take the example of being viloated by a HOMOSEXUAL man, because you are a man not capable of thinking about a woman violated by a man ... understand friend ???? ).
So you have something ( a child ok ) growing in your chest .....
it is YOUR chest, who's embryo is it ??? so would you keep it or would you take your macho gun and kill this strange being in your chest ???
answer and be honest for once ok !!
your answer will tell you the dilemma of abortion !!! moral or not moral, who am I to judge that woman ????

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

From that I intemperate that God hates women. I also see the Snake as the one who gave knowledge to eve, or woman. I see the snake as the enlightened vs the seducer. Rather than listen the woman learned from taking a bite. She is not a whore as the bible/scripture paints but one who brings knowledge that there is more than god the almighty. I see god from this scripture as a spoiled brat who's creation isn't listening to him doting on him but exploring and learning and becoming not an extension of god but an individual something the church tries to abolish. The woman is an individual not a whore. I choose to see that god is at fault why cast your creation down if all they seek is knowledge? Did the woman learn that god is not almighty and powerful but rather a weak man who gets off on control? I say yes, and I ask what did the woman learn that would cause god to punish her and call her a whore.

edit on 24-10-2010 by Xiamara because: Itty bitty spelling error

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by xiphias

WHY should it be morally wrong ??? because you are a man that can make love to lots of woman and go fishing after that without taking your responsability and leave the woman in distress ???
so in your brain thinking you as a man may violate a woman and leave her with a child she NEVER did want or love to get in the first place ????
it is all about love, how could a woman love a child in her chest being forced in there by a violator that did agress her and deny all love in this universe ???
a child first of all has to be loved by father and mother together !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you put your stinking sperm as a violator into a woman and then you say she has to keep your immoral # in her body ????? and you speek about morality ????????????
poor macho man !! poor spirit of the underground !!! poor soul anyway !! do not judge others, judge first yourself !!!!
edit on 24-10-2010 by Sunlionspirit because: details

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

These things may be taken figuratively, for the women represent two covenants. One covenant is from Mount Sinai-Galatians4

I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.

No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.

But when the time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under law, 5to redeem those under law

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

I disagree... One can serve multiple masters in a perfect world only a god jealous and imperfect would require its followers to submit to only one god. Monotheism to me is too close minded. Polytheistic all the way!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

I agree with you.

One of the reasons that I'm anti-abortion, is because every woman of sound mind knows what the potential outcome could be, when she decides to have sex.

Abortion is an excuse for the woman to shirk her responsibilities, and also to perpetually destroy the mother/child bond.

In most cases, it's just pure selfishness from the woman.

The motivation to have the abortion is entirely down to self-interest, and consequently ethically unjustifiable.

I approve of a woman's right to have an abortion in the instances of rape, or in some cases where she's too young, or mentally unable to know the consequneces of her actions.

edit on 24-10-2010 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

no matter it changes nothing, as I said I know precisely what I have seen and heard

We know that an idol is nothing at all in the world and that there is no God but one. For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many "gods" and many "lords"), yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them: "Any kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and a house divided against itself will fall.

Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising him from the dead.

You must pay close attention to what they wrote, for their words are like a lamp shining in a dark place—until the Day dawns, and Christ the Morning Star shines in your hearts.

in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Rape... That's all I have to say... she did not consent to it so if she gets pregnant who's fault is it then?

MOST women have reasons as to why they are getting an abortion its not based on responsibility... I assume your a man. Abortion is a woman's choice and hers alone.

edit on 24-10-2010 by Xiamara because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

those people ( surely they are some tea party drinking stupids
) not using their brains to think about the fact YOU HAVE NO RIGHT to judge woman ( or other people in general ... ) that have abortion ...
question : why ??? is it my bizness ?? NO
question : moral ??? is it my bizness ?? NO
question : are they not more important things in this stupid world than that ?? YES
I mean neo-liberalism !!! neo-conservatism and their effects, EFFECTS on good normal people in society being violated by all kinds of agressiv manipulation !!! these are more important questions than a poor woman having abortion because of a macho chimp violating a poor woman victim and leaving her alone with a child she never did ask for !!!!! poor chimps all over this world, machos all over, go to hell instead of telling women what they have to do !!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

So that is your opinion You have a right to it just as I have mine, I do not believe I am wrong, just as you don't believe you are wrong. Let people make their own educated choices in life.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

it takes 2 to make love .... so take your responsability together ok ???
put some plastic on your zizi !! ok ?
ok - you make a difference with rape situation ... better than nothing !

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

its not an opinion it was a very real plain as day factual occurence, what exactly do you think motivated lets just say John and Jesus to speak up? what did they hear and see? was Israel (actually Judah Benjamin remnants) destroyed?

Jesus speaking said to them then-They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls.(irony again?) They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God's coming to you.

For the nation and kingdom which will not serve you shall perish,
And those nations shall be utterly ruined.

He told them, "This is what is written: The Christ will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

How is it "fact"?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join