It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion is morally WRONG

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Pregnancy isn't 100% preventable unless you practice abstinence, and many people won't follow that option.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by christian39

Christians know better

I'm quite sure you're a troll. Even if you're not. I find your posts hilarious - Thanks for the entertainment if nothing else at all.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by christian39
reply to post by Maslo

Christians know better. Man was not "evolved", but "created" in the image of the Supreme Ruler.

That made me laugh to hear that "Christians know better", and in the same breath go on to say that man was "created".

So let me confirm this, you believe that the God Sky Daddy grabbed a handful of dirt, breathed onto it, and then man just magically formed right then and there on the spot?

And God our sky Daddy forgot to make a women (somehow it slipped his all-knowing mind) so he had to steal a rib from the man and with it he then magically made a woman just appear right then and there. Is this how you "know better"?

Thats some SERIOUS magic there!!!

How did he make the talking snake?

Ya know, since "Christians know better", I would assume that you have the answers.

OH, the COMEDY of those who "know" everything!!!

edit on 30-11-2010 by jontap because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Maslo

Christians know better. Man was not "evolved", but "created" in the image of the Supreme Ruler.

The Supreme Ruler

Seems like we have a lot to thank this guy for.

I don't look at all like him, though.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Thanks stellify for the comment. Much appreciated.

As for christian39, the 'mind your business' is in reference to you worrying whether abortion is morally wrong or not. For you to consider yourself Christian, you sure are casting a large stone. Are you prepared to really throw it? Ask yourself this: Would you want to remove your daughter from her freshman year of high school to bear a child brought about by rape, to be given up for adoption? It's easy for you to make a judgement as an adult, but you need to imagine the burden on the shoulders of the child in that specific situation. Like stellify said, it took alot for me to come to grips with what happened, but I never judged because God has Her time and place to do so. And I'm not "painting my girlfriend's business on ats" as you claim. I'm giving insight to a REAL story, and shedding light on a situation that happens to REAL people. I don't understand your ugliness.

That is all. I had to get that last bit off my chest, but I'm definitely done with this.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

My personal feeling is that I would keep a child of rape.. if I believe that conception starts at birth.. I have no other choice than to suffer it or my core beliefs wouldnt be beliefs at all.

Conception starts some time before birth, actually.
Generally about 9 months before.
Combining conception and childbirth tends to be both messy and ineffective, as well as very tiring for the doctor.

Id be sure I knew these medical facts and not pretend that my personal feelings dont cause me to give inaccurate information influenced by my beliefs.

I'm relieved to hear you are not pretending your personal feelings don't cause you to give out innaccurate information.
Forewarned is foreamed, as they say.

Or was that four armed?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by newBodyoldSoul

I was pregnant, through rape, before I'd ever had a period.

The people here who believe a child that young should have to go through nine months of pregnancy, along with the trauma, health problems, shame and ridicule that a very young pregnant girl has to face, in order to birth her rapist's child, have no idea.

Forced pregnancy at that age can be worse than the rape itself, so the people wanting the girl to be forced/persuaded to do that are no better than the rapist.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parize
reply to post by Advantage

Pregnancy isn't 100% preventable unless you practice abstinence, and many people won't follow that option.

As I said..... its 100% preventable. PLus, do you think that sexual intercourse is the only thing sex is?? That the ONLY really mutually satisfying thing is only intercourse? If so, I pity you and you are part of the problem with women and their sexual identities and behaviors. I prefer to think of myself of something other than merely a vaginal sperm receptacle as far as my sexuality as a woman. I happen to have more parts to my body that are sexual than simply my vagina. Do you?

( Im just being harsh to make a point, I feel no real animosity toward you
)

I was capable of getting my first degree and not having a child until I was almost 25, its possible if you have a working brain cell and some personal integrity or goals. Im no dog. Im old now, but I was very pretty and modeled for catalogs and etc bacj when we werent all anorexic and people were okay with having over an a cup naturally. I COULD have had who I wanted concerning intercourse. In fact, anyone can regardless of looks or even personality.Especially if you are no more than a receptacle and never "get yours". Funny thing was.. I wasnt having sexual intercourse and had a pretty good understanding of the human body adn sexuality as every female should over the age of 13... maybe earlier in today's climate.. and I still had whomever I wanted. My oldest daughter is a true beauty.. she is still a virgin. She has goals and I didn tneed to put a chastity belt on her. I raised her to be a thinking woman who understands the human body and I never pushed ANYONES agenda on her.. or allowed schools to. She IS my kid after all.
Frankly, irresponsible behavior is irresponsible behavior. Dont expect me to coddle you for your stupid choices.. or pay for it or condone it or be PC concerning it.

Sexual intercourse is not necessary for life ( as in you arent going to die of you are not having sexual intercourse) and there are plenty of interesting ways to be intimate with a partner and NOT risk pregnancy. Im shocked no one has figured this out.
Considering only a small number of women actually have an orgasm from intercourse alone ( sorry guys.. its not your fault) .. and even lower with a spur of the moment partner who doeesnt know the persons body to even help ( or care to really) ... I really wonder what these silly girls and women get out of it. frustration? Pathetically empty sense of power? The pathological need to please a male?Who knows but go find on google the studies concerning the questionaires involving women who sought abortion for a number of reasons.. the overwhelming majority said they didnt reach orgasm. So.. what are they exactly? Not only stupid and irrational... but professional doormats too?? Ass in to that they dont know a fetus from a zygote and you have the perfect storm for yet ANOTHER generation of stupid women arguing that they can do what they want with their bodies. Too bad there isnt a test to see if a person is competent enough to have sex and understand the choices available. How about instead of teaching solely abstinence or how to put on a stupid condom ( theyre annoying anyway.. and humorous) we actually teach women they have power themselves and can satisfy themselves sexually ( as in having to assert themselves with their partner) without risking something "inconvenient" that requires a medical procedure? Nahh... why bother. Its not PC to call people on their BS and ignorance.

There is a LOT more to the idea that abortion is for an inconvenience, I also laugh at it the whole MY BODY MY CHOICE.. sure it is.. you go have that abortion.. you were never in control of your own body in the first p[lace by choice. Its definitely many times or ....most in my opinion.. for women who have NO clue what being a woman or what sex is. They also are too willing to risk pregnancy to demand other activities.

I know, the CHristians here are of course going to distance themselves from THIS terrible christian right here and come at me with the whole adultery thing. Id also wager they themselves engaged in a little adultery, especially since the bible teaches that a sin in the mind is the same as a sin in the flesh
I am a Christian who happens to be a human being too.. and I even try to curb my hypocrisy . Especially covering my hypocrisy with bible verses and the christianity cloak.

Christians also like to generalize about the person being immoral. Perhaps some are.. but I truly fear the main culprit for serial abortions and "accidents" is not being properly instructed by their mothers and having emotional issues.. some silent deadly inner problems that are accepted as normal behavior these PC days. Its an emotional defect to base yoru worth on your sexiness or desirability to men at large. ( Girls need to know men think of sex 24/7.. on their deathbeds even.. and would poke a rotten watermelon if there were no available females of ANY kind. Admit it.. ya know Im right guys ) Thats because their mothers never knew the truth of the matter, about their own sexuality, and passed on ridiculous ideas to their daughters. They also never bothered to find out. My generation was all about sexual freedom.. but we had NO clue what that meant. We let old men tell us what our sexual freedom was supposed to be about and how to go about it. Well, its high time for women to take responsibility for themselves.. if they did, we'd not have the sheer outrageous numbers of abortions that we have now.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Have you seriously lost your mind?! I wouldn't touch that mockery with the proverbial ten foot pole. How about you check out "thechronicleproject.org" before you go making an idiot out of yourself?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jontap

Tell me about it, you must watch yourself in the mirror alot.
That may also be how you know so much already...

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

Rest assured I am not a "Troll".

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Have you seriously lost your mind?! I wouldn't touch that mockery with the proverbial ten foot pole. How about you check out "thechronicleproject.org" before you go making an idiot out of yourself?

I have one question - how did the enlightenment and renaissance and industrial revolution have absolutely no impact on your personal religious beliefs?

Seriously.

Am interested.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   

The difference between us is
1. I have one to lose.
2. I have not already done so.
Well, those are two of the differences.

Another is that you swallow the farcicle bullcrap of the Chronical Project.

By the way, the Supreme Ruler is not mocking anything. Why would you accuse him of such a thing?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Of course its morally wrong, but sometimes people just have no choice.
For example; a burgular into your house and attacks you with intent to kill. You fatally wound him and he dies.
Its still wrong to kill anyone, but you had no choice did you?
Unfourtunetly enough, sometimes an action needs to be taken that you normally wouldnt like to take. Any event that comes out of someone doing a bad act will concequently be ended by another 'immoral' act. Take the example of the burgular. Thats just the way the world goes sometimes.

I am a bit against the OPs thoughts on women getting abortions. Although theres some, i can assure you that its not just because they dont want the responsibility, take the woman a few posts above that got raped (you strong woman
)
Not every decision made is going to be moral, mainly because i dont think thats how life is intended to be.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Do you know what blind faith is? I suggest you check up on that

Also, im pretty sure that some people who claim to be christian are fairly horrible people. So just because you claim your a christian dosent mean you are all knowing OR a perfect person.
Pretty sure it says something like that in the bible somewhere

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by littlecloud

As I have stated before in another post, I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that HE is able, to keep that which I've commited, unto HIM, against that day.
As for being a horrible christian, you are sorely mistaken.
As for being a perfect person, I am as far from being perfect, as you are at being smart..
Maybe it is you who needs to catch up on your reading..
Might you want some real truth, check out this link:

thechronicleproject.org

edit on 1/12/10 by christian39 because: wasn't finished

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by stellify

Because of my faith in Supreme Ruler..
My faith to know and trust that each day I come closer to knowing what HE is all about.
To know that the perils of this world are just temporary.
To know that HE is in control..

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Okay, thats absolutely wonderful. Im Greek orthodox so im from a christian domination.
You said before that christians know better, didnt say you were a horrible christian but i said it is possible for there to BE horrible christians.
Anyway. If you are going to go on about people aborting children concieved about rape and that is a horrible thing to do let me preach to you:
Have you ever lied to your parents? Stepped on an ant? Hit a sibling? Borrowed money without asking?
I can say you most likely have. So therefore i can conclude that you are a liar, a murder, an abuser and a stealer.
Are you a bad person? Probably not. But according to the old testament you should be stoned.
None of us are perfect and sometimes we make less than perfect decisions based on the situations we are placed in.
Therefore, you have no right to comment upon how the women delt with her rape, because there is no 'perfect' solution.
The problem with us and many christians is that they take it upon themselves to judge. But in the end is it not only god who is able to judge us for our actions, as he is all knowing and we are not?

I dont need to read any fundamentalist bull, but thanks for the offer.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

and how do you know "HE" isn't a "SHE"? Please explain how you come to KNOW this for a fact, that gives you the confidence to spread it as fact and truth.

I ask you this before i ask "How do you even know your 'Supreme Ruler' exists?" - Scientifically that is. But that's what faith is, believe a what a bunch of men wrote in a book whether it be Zeus, Odin, Ra, Allah, Yahweh without even questioning it, without thinkning critically - It makes no difference, it's all the retarded guesswork of man's immaturity and disatisfaction with the lack of answers regarding the universe and existence.

edit on 2/12/10 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

reply to post by stellify

Because of my faith in Supreme Ruler..
My faith to know and trust that each day I come closer to knowing what HE is all about.
To know that the perils of this world are just temporary.
To know that HE is in control..

Thank God (excuse the pun) that someone is in control of you.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join