It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion is morally WRONG

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by PieKeeper

neither jennybee35 nor any Supreme Ruler fearing person believe we or they are descendents of any ape or ape-like mammal. You are totally getting off on the wrong part of this thread.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35
Really? You mean that you expect me to take as fact the definition of "animal" written by some man somewhere at a time when he believed that men are animals too?

Yes. Based upon our current system of classifications of living organisms, you are physiologically an animal.

How is that scientists opinion any different than that of anyone elses opinion of what something is?

Because scientists created the classification system and the scientific definition of an animal.

Just because some of functions are the same does not make that species. My OPINION of it is that I am a unique creation.

You are of the species Homo sapien, though you are still an ape, a mammal, and an animal. You might be a unique creation, but that doesn't mean you aren't an animal.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

WOW, you are really NOT of Supreme Ruler are you?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by PieKeeper

Because scientists created the classification system and the scientific definition of an animal.

SO WHAT?

The same principle applies here for me as it does for me on lots of other things. Just because they decided it's the final answer doesn't make it so. The scientific world is constantly having to correct itself as new discoveries are made. It is a fluid, ever changing field. There is no way to know how the definition of animal or any other scientific definition will change. There are several things that I disagree with science on. That is my opinion, and I defend it.

Let me state it once again: I AM NO ANIMAL. See, you can hear me now.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by newBodyoldSoul

I am sorry that your fiance was raped. Happy that she called the authorities, but what did the child do that was so wrong that its life was ended??
edit on 27/11/10 by christian39 because: spelling

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Let me state it once again: I AM NO ANIMAL. See, you can hear me now.

Until they change the definition, you are still an animal, as well as an ape and a mammal.

/end of discussion

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

I don't believe that of you. I have this feeling we would get along wonderfully in real life. We could argue and still be friends. That's how grown-ups do it!

It is alright for you to have your view and me to have mine! I don't think you are trying to inflate your ego, you're enjoying the debate ( I hope) the same as I am. I would never accuse you of being a bad person for your beliefs on religion. As long as you don't judge me on mine.

That doesn't mean that we cannot get passionate about our beliefs!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by christian39

See, I condone discussion, but I don't condone ignorance.

My fiance was a 14 year old, sexually inactive child. Her 16 year old boyfriend, who happened to be a friend of her brother, was staying the night at their house. Said incident took place, resulting in her pregnancy. She decided, along with her family, it was best to abort the child. Her mother is the most loyal God-fearing woman I know, so please don't act like you know what was best in that SPECIFIC situation. Like I said, MIND YOUR BUSINESS.

edit - and to add, this happened 10 years ago, but RAPE IS RAPE. You let someone rape you, and you keep the baby. I hope you feel better about yourself then.
edit on 27-11-2010 by newBodyoldSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Why in the world would you post this personal story of your G.F's on ATS? Did you have permission? It's not your story to tell.

As she was just a child when the assault took place, she had no say in the matter. so therefore is not accountable for murder. Her mother may have been in fear of a god, but she wasn't in fear of Yahweh, or what took place would never have happened.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

She's actually sitting here with me. Thing is, you still seem to be deeming your own belief system higher than hers.

I'm honestly done with this. You obviously won't understand, nor do I care if you do. Enjoy your evening.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Well, are you not deeming her belief system as higher than mine? One sad story and I am supposed to completely abandon all of my beliefs to follow yours? What? I didn't ask you to post this on this thread. I do not, repeat DO NOT believe that you can pick and choose the situations where abortion could be acceptable.
Your girlfriends story is not going to suddenly make me believe that murder is okay.

I AM sorry that she went through such a horrific experience. Such a young girl should never have been placed in such an awful position. It is a real tragedy.

And I never said she should keep the baby. That's what adoption is for.
edit on 11/27/10 by jennybee35 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Well not anymore, but that game ruled.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   

neither jennybee35 nor any Supreme Ruler fearing person believe we or they are descendents of any ape or ape-like mammal. You are totally getting off on the wrong part of this thread.

Majority of Christians in the world believe in evolution.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Is this thread still going?

Wow - it's really showing me that humans have not evolved in the least.

We've got the most amazing internet technology, but look how we're using it!

A fourteen year-old gets raped and it's because she doesnt believe in Yahweh? I have read it all now. For me, that type of thinking belongs in the 15th century. (Let's burn the witch!!!).

I think the girl's family did the right thing, and I think you were right to tell the story of your fiance. It's your story also, because you have accepted her experience and have not judged. That rape is now part of your life story, because you live with it also.

More power to you for not judging and helping her heal. More power to her mother for helping her daughter.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by stellify

Well said.

Peace

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Christians know better. Man was not "evolved", but "created" in the image of the Supreme Ruler.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

You, for one, don't know my past, and I am not going to spill it out on ats. Rape is horrible for anybody, young or old. The thing is, with so many people yearning for a child, why could she not opt for adoption?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Mind my business?! Really?! Aren't you the one who decided to paint your girfriends business on ats?!!!!! You definitrly didn't get any prompting from me..

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Id like to join in

Im a christian... I believe abortion is wrong.. FOR ME. Dont ask me to pay for it, tell you its okay, condone it, or fund anything other than true education about the facts.The govt forcing me to contribute to something I object to on religious grounds is wrong, IMO... and I cant stand the thought of paying for someone's mistake. which isnt really a mistake since it IS preventable 100% except for rape. My opinions of when life starts is at conception.. you may have different beliefs. I would be disappointed and never agree wtih it if one of my daughters had one, but Id never hate or shun them for it. They and you all can answer to god for your choices in my opinion.. or not if you do not believe.. but inthe end one of us can tell the other I toldja so.
Im in no position to judge anyone on things like this and dont see myself as a little god entitled to do so. It is your body and you can make whatever decisions you want with it. I find it heartbreaking that a potential innocent child is lost, but you are responsible for your actions.

My personal feeling is that I would keep a child of rape.. if I believe that conception starts at birth.. I have no other choice than to suffer it or my core beliefs wouldnt be beliefs at all. Thats MY choice. I would never press or force my own beliefs on another and Id never demand they comply with what is not in their heart... which I think is against true christianity.

Im of the opinion that I can educate a person on the medical facts as they stand now until we get better data and keep my religious opinions separate. Id be sure I knew these medical facts and not pretend that my personal feelings dont cause me to give inaccurate information influenced by my beliefs. Im accountable for lying too ya know

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by christian39

Mind my business?! Really?! Aren't you the one who decided to paint your girfriends business on ats?!!!!! You definitrly didn't get any prompting from me..

Yawn.

The chihuahua's biting.

Even less evidence of rational thought being displayed.

Step away from the keyboard and just think.

Anger is never pleasant and isn't pride the greatest sin?

How about a little more loving your neighbour - whether they are beside you physically or on the other side of the computer screen?

Stop throwing stones.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join