It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion is morally WRONG

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

Was this edited out? Removed? Why?

just did'nt like the looks of mirroring what you said again I near always do this but the point is your a man writing saying about other men writing as idiotic except they do know precisely what/why they are writing and for a good reason which has nothing to do with personal profit monetarily nor fulfilling the lusts of the flesh (again not that I have'nt had more than my fair share), as in more than loving themselves-they obviously knew God and know we will all give an accounting, was the nation Jesus was in at the time destroyed for a reason?-absolutely! had a foreign hostile power invaded-yes, do I think abortion is the sole issue-no, but do think it is a biggie related to a mentality even faith, do I think it can be forgiven-yes, and again I think it is relevant also regarding the woman who had left that Gideon NT on the bar which I picked up to open when I heard the voice who had just got an abortion recently, look at these stats 50% is relevant to the man-

The reasons women give for having an abortion underscore their understanding of the responsibilities of parenthood and family life. Three-fourths of women cite concern for or responsibility to other individuals; three-fourths say they cannot afford a child; three-fourths say that having a baby would interfere with work, school or the ability to care for dependents; and half say they do not want to be a single parent or are having problems with their husband or partner. www.guttmacher.org...

Christopher Hitchens nor science will mean anything come judgement Day (of things done while in the body)

be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind(by the Word), that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.-Rom12
edit on 6-12-2010 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rustami
reply to post by awake_and_aware

Was this edited out? Removed? Why?

just did'nt like the looks of mirroring what you said again I near always do this but the point is your a man writing saying about other men writing as idiotic except they do know precisely what/why they are writing and for a good reason which has nothing to do with personal profit monetarily nor fulfilling the lusts of the flesh (again not that I have'nt had more than my fair share), as in more than loving themselves-they obviously knew God and know we will all give an accounting, was the nation Jesus was in at the time destroyed for a reason?-absolutely! had a foreign hostile power invaded-yes, do I think abortion is the sole issue-no, but do think it is a biggie related to a mentality even faith, do I think it can be forgiven-yes, and again I think it is relevant also regarding the woman who had left that Gideon NT on the bar which I picked up to open when I heard the voice who had just got an abortion recently, look at these stats 50% is relevant to the man-

The reasons women give for having an abortion underscore their understanding of the responsibilities of parenthood and family life. Three-fourths of women cite concern for or responsibility to other individuals; three-fourths say they cannot afford a child; three-fourths say that having a baby would interfere with work, school or the ability to care for dependents; and half say they do not want to be a single parent or are having problems with their husband or partner. www.guttmacher.org...

Christopher Hitchens nor science will mean anything come judgement Day (of things done while in the body)

be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind(by the Word), that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.-Rom12
edit on 6-12-2010 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

Whenever I see any of your posts, I do turn to Jesus..because I expostulate "Jesus Christ!" when I see every single one.

Rustami - you are definitely and unfortunately not a one off.

I had a friend once - he had an 'episode' and instead of Jesus talking to him, he thought Buddha was. He was hitting 40 years old too.

It was a bit of a crisis - life was coming in on him and he hid behind statements of the Samsaric realm and Karma, etc.

He's okay now, in case you wanted to know.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

I'm lost. I don't understand the point you're trying to make.

I don't feel i'm being ignorant; i just don't understand what you mean. I've read your post a few times now.

If you want to quote any of my old posts and respond to my arguments then please do so, If you want to quote your holy doctrine please do so, but please include a commentry or explaination.

Peace

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I love the paradox that exists.

In many states (look them up) a drunk driver can be charged with a count of murder/reckless homicide if he kills a fetus in the accident.

Now why is that 'thing' considered human only when you want it to be? You can pull your kid out and give him/her an ice pick to the back of the skull, but somehow, a fetus killed in accident or a shooting is all of a sudden human?

Kiss my behind with your hypocrisy,

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkrunner

It's considered a life if it is wanted because the mother wants it to come to full term I fully believe that if the child is wanted its homicide if not no one was going to raise it so why should it grow up in a home where parents would neglect it? Its simple reasoning. The mother determines the state of the fetus why? Because she is the carrier and has judgment if it lives or dies babies are only tenants in the womb and momma is the land lord so she can kick them out.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

It's considered a life if it is wanted because the mother wants it to come to full term

Not legally It's not

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SemperFi1065

No not legally but It should be. This is a woman's issue dominated by ignorant men who have faith in a god that not everyone/ every woman believes in.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
It should also be remembered that not every abortion (rape excluded) is as a result of a woman's inability to assume her responsibility for looking after the child she has conceived, and that sometimes, she is considering her circumstances and the responsibility for for the unborn child or indeed for her other children, all who would suffer as a result of a continuation of the pregnancy.

It must be remembered that sometimes, even with taking contraception measures, that a pregnancy can begin, but sometimes, overall, that is not necessarily a good reason to let it continue. Even if a "one off mistake" has been made, it is usually the woman who bears this burden. But in the majority of cases, it is not a decision that is taken lightly and for all of those who would say "well continue the pregnancy and adopt" by that point the decision to continue has already seriously disrupted the lives of everyone else involved and as such it has become a moot point...

And I agree with the previous poster, it is usually men (or women who have never been in the situation) who would advise the adoption route, as they have no concept of the reality of the situation!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
DUH, I WANT TO KILL myself almost every day because I did this.

If your on the edge of doing it, dont...

You'll be much happier having the kid knowing you did the right thing then the reversed scenario.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TSAisaSCAM

Do you have other children? Are you still with the person who you conceived with? Why did you make the decision and why do you feel this way now?

edit on 7-12-2010 by destination now because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by destination now

Exaggerated, but I've felt death was a good solution, until I woke up. Anyways it's kind of like a haunting demon... Something I'll remember and regret for the rest of my life... No I'm not going to kill my self, And I know there are countless others that feel that way, It's disgusting what the gov't allows and disallows.

Screw the pro abortion advocates, Go have one you ...
edit on 7-12-2010 by TSAisaSCAM because: emotion speaking in the last comment, I wish no one has to get an abortion, life is where our future is, not the other way around.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

So you regret it, others might not your convictions were strong enough to get one its not the governments fault that you regret it. You were the one who did it you made that choice. There are women who wouldn't because everyone is different we each have our own moral code.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

I'm just expressing my emotions and feelings on the subject... just giving the ones that don't speak up a voice... I know a lot of people commit suicide after abortion as well... And there's a source below that agrees with me...

www.abortionfacts.com... Google: "Abortion sucide rate"
This abortion/suicide link is well known among professionals who counsel suicidal persons. For example, Meta Uchtman, director of the Cincinnati chapter of Suiciders Anonymous, reported that in a 35 month period her group worked with 4000 women, of whom 1800 or more had abortions. Of those who had abortions, 1400 were between the ages of 15 and 24, the age group with the fastest growing suicide rate in the country.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Ya moral code unto yourself, how selfish when you could bring a life into this world... Either way it's a baby at conception, the one's that say otherwise, are just foolish and only fooling themselves.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Did you ever think it was because of people like you making them feel guit? Its called acceptance and support. You may not agree with it but, being a nice person is accepting people for all their choices. You can express your opinions but forcing them on women going through a trauma like that is horrible. Maybe if your so depressed you should seek help. There are people out there who will help you and make you feel better, who can council you and say your okay many women do it and have been for thousands of years. Modern day abortions are much safer and I did a final paper on this topic, there were thousands who would die from illegal abortions yearly, about the same as the ones who committed suicide, either way women will die. With support to those who regret their choice we can lower that number.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

Abortion IMO is the devils project.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
And there are many women who have abortions and feel nothing but total relief...a weight lifted from their shoulders (or wombs)

I can assure you, You do not speak for all women who have had an abortion...please accept this, to do otherwise is to insult and deride many, many women who have made the decision for all of the right reasons and have never, and will never regret it!

This is a reply to TSAisaSCAM, which I did not make clear in my original post

edit on 7-12-2010 by destination now because: double word

edit on 7-12-2010 by destination now because: to reply to a specific poster

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Nice argument bro. "What i believe is correct, anyone else with an argument is foolish"

I'll say it again;

Are you saying a seed is a flower?, an egg you (may) have on your breakfast is infact a chicken?

If a collection of cells is your definition of a "baby" or of "Life" then everytime a man ejaculates he is commiting genocide.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Than hail the dark lord for he is understanding of freedom. He does not force me to believe in something I do not. He is an understanding forgiving god.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I think that some people here need a recap.

Using the "my-body my-choice" argument in a high-end abortion debate will simply get you laughed at.
If you say that a woman's right to her body, i.e. our right to control our bodies, overrides the right to life, then you are being totally paradoxical and illogical, seeing as how without the right to life, we wouldn't even have the right to control our bodies! I was taught in an ethical university class never to use that argument when arguing pro-abortion. Stick to the argument of whether or not the Fetus is considered a person if you want to make any ripples.

You can't just isolate the fetus as being a "thing"- it is a HUMAN BEING, right from conception. It has the exact same amount of genes as anyone in the entire world, regardless of age (excluding genetic defects such as down syndrome), and will have a physical future of being birthed, growing up, becoming an adult, and then dying of old age assuming that their lives aren't ended prematurely by any other cause.

This is the important point- as soon as conception occurs, that ball of cells has a FUTURE VALUE- i.e., it has a life to live out- the same value that anyone here has, regardless of age. In fact, the loss of future value is why so many deaths and murders are seen as tragic- "he was so young", "she had her life set out for her", "how are her kids going to feel growing up without a mother" are all statements that are commonly heard when someone dies young- all referring to the loss of future value.

Saying abortion is ok is saying that taking away that future value is ok- therefore, robbing anyone of their future value is ok under the "right" circumstances (some being because "it's my body, my choice" apparently). If you are ok with that, even if you are ok with the abortion of babies who are going to be born as consequences or victims of tragedy (broken families, rape, ect.), then you are condoning the taking away of an innocent life's future value, and by logic, your thought process works along the same lines of people who endorse eugenics and genocide.

"They will be better off dead", "they aren't wanted", "they will live horrible lives of hurting other people", "they will be detriments to society" are reasons used both by eugenicists, those in support of genocide, and those in favor of abortion to justify the killing of HUMAN life.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join