It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Traveller Caught on 1928 Charlie Chaplin Film?

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I'm just glad that in the future, time travel will be so easy and uncomplicated that little old ladies can go back in time to Grauman's Chinese Theater and see the premiere of a marginally popular Charlie Chaplin film. You'd think maybe they'd save the procedure for something a bit more historical, or important, and maybe send young guys as agents, but who can guess what it's like in the future?

It's also too bad she has to still use an old-style cell phone, even if it's capable of communication across time. But seeing as how she's a fan of antiques, I can see where she'd like to keep it "old school."

Yup. It all makes sense now.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
This seems the most logical and probable explanation offered so far, with historical evidence to back it up...good work dbrutocao, and others who have pointed out similar explanations.

Originally posted by dbrutocao
Although it may appear to be a cell phone, it is most likely a Siemens handheld amplifier for hearing impaired. Here is a link to the site: hearing.siemens.com...

This device would have already been out for 4 years and explain why it is up to her ear.

If you follow the link to the Siemens article, there is a picture of a man holding the hearing device to his ear and at first glance it totally looks like he's talking on a cell phone.

It's either this Siemens device or some similar device that other ATSers have pointed out. IMHO.

I have read through this thread eating popcorn and musing at the speculation which ranges from wild, to logical, to absolutely hilariously ridiculous. It seems as though a hearing-impaired individual was caught on film, nothing more. Though I have to hand it to the amazingly imaginative minds here at ATS and thanks to George Clarke for his original catch...while odd, seems to have been debunked with such a simple ordinary explanation, but this thread was one of the best I've read in awhile. Thanks OP! S&F.

Cheers!
edit on 24-10-2010 by AutOmatIc because: other devices possible

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Everyones concentrating on the phone....and not below.
THE FEET, look at the size of the shoes on her feet for gods sake, there huge.
This woman or man has to be some relation to SIDESHOW BOB.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by AutOmatIc

It still doesn't explain why she's talking to into it. Why would Chaplin choose to fade out on the image of an old woman talking to her hearing aid? Yes, I know he loved his imagery, but that's a bit nutty even for him -- not that I personally subscribe to the time traveler idea either.

It wasn't long ago at all that if someone saw you talking to yourself, you were pretty much considered certifiable. An old woman talking to herself on screen surely wouldn't have been considered artistic, even by Chaplin.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
reply to post by AutOmatIc

It still doesn't explain why she's talking to into it. Why would Chaplin choose to fade out on the image of an old woman talking to her hearing aid? Yes, I know he loved his imagery, but that's a bit nutty even for him -- not that I personally subscribe to the time traveler idea either.

It wasn't long ago at all that if someone saw you talking to yourself, you were pretty much considered certifiable. An old woman talking to herself on screen surely wouldn't have been considered artistic, even by Chaplin.

Agreed its not artistic. However, this isnt a part of the movie. Its in the DVD Extra's of the premier
thats what makes it odd. If it was in the movie we could chalk it up to imagination of the story teller. But this is a real life "woman" (i put that in quotes cuz she has a creepy azz grin in some of the screen shots) that is just walking down the sidewalk and it was happenstance that she go filmed

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

ahh sorry mate but I have to stop you there... .I most certainly do hold my cell phone with my hands wrapped around it... generally with one finger extended up the end of the cellphone.

Now, something my husband pointed out to me..... we're all assuming that he has a mobile phone that needs tower service because WE need tower service. What if he's actually traveled back from 10 or 20 years into OUR future where they have developed technology that doesn't require towers?

I know it's out there, but hey we're talking about time travelers

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbrutocao
Although it may appear to be a cell phone, it is most likely a Siemens handheld amplifier for hearing impaired. Here is a link to the site: hearing.siemens.com...

This device would have already been out for 4 years and explain why it is up to her ear.

Damn your right, they totally look like they are talking on cell phones. I think this has been debunked. As much as I want the old lady to be a time traveler or something fantastical, this pretty much the most obvious and plausable explanation.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
First off, it can't be a cellphone, how could one possibly work when they barely have low-frequency radio broadcast towers let alone high-freq cellphone towers and satellites... Second, since when is a porkpie hat part of a drag outfit? Who says a woman wouldn't wear such a hat simply for lack of an umbrella (expecting rain?), I think it's just a fat old lady. It does appear she's actually talking on a phone but I somewhat doubt this was in the original film and perhaps a skilled editor put this little gem in simply for the satisfaction of confusing people.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
If one more person mentions phone towers, I swear I'm going to chew my keyboard.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Wow this really is intriging!
The woman sure does look odd! to me it def looks more like a man in drag! If i was a time traveller and was wanting to fit in to the crowd then i prob would get the dress code slightly wrong and look a little strange!!

My question though is it not possible to trace the orriginal archieves of this footage before it had been edited with the fade ??
If this was possible and im sure but not certain it is ! then would any extra footage be able to draw any conclusions as to what the woman/man in drag were actually holding?

Ps. would a time traveller using a phone in 1928 be actually able to communicate with anyone? are they calling the future to say "hey just on my way to Charlie Chaplin premier" surely there were no mobile masts knocking about at the time so signal coverage woulda been pretty poor!!

Great find though, Always the optimist!

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Jibbs

Just laugh dude. It was buggin the hell outta me for a bit too. Made a lot of posts sayin the same thing lol. Now i just keep waiting to laugh at the next time someone mentions them lol. They will. I promise. Within the next hour someone will come in and "crack the case" because of the towers lol. If they dont, i will be happy to be wrong about it lol.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Jibbs

Originally posted by Exforcesuk

Ps. would a time traveller using a phone in 1928 be actually able to communicate with anyone? are they calling the future to say "hey just on my way to Charlie Chaplin premier" surely there were no mobile masts knocking about at the time so signal coverage woulda been pretty poor!!

See what i mean?

edit on 24-10-2010 by itbenickp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
earlier i said 'its a time traveller,get over it' however, after some thought, i ponder this: wouldnt someone skilled enough to travle back in time be able to fashion up a smaller perhaps even internal, communication device?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by itbenickp

Start chewin your keyboard then !!! lol

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

reply to post by itbenickp

Start chewin your keyboard then !!! lol

Me or Jibbs? Jibbs said that they would chew the keyboard lol. I told them to laugh about it lol, cuz someone was gonna say something about them again and sure nuff, like 2 secs later someone did LOL. Its all good...

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Has anyone pointed out the lack of cell towers?

But really just popped in to say that I'm watching and think that the Seimens device is intriguing!

~Heff

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Has anyone pointed out the lack of cell towers?

But really just popped in to say that I'm watching and think that the Seimens device is intriguing!

~Heff

They took the towers back with them duhhhh
he he he he he he.....

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by itbenickp
reply to post by Jibbs

See what i mean?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Here's the original footage....

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
YES people so advanced they have cracked time travel but have not been able to shrink the size of there mobile phones
maybe we can help them with that

new topics

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join