It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Traveller Caught on 1928 Charlie Chaplin Film?

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicolas Flamel
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Wow, 56 pages! This has really captured the ATS imagination or something.

My take on this: the man walking in front of the woman is probably her husband or friend and she is talking to him. They are movie goers on their way to the movie and see the press filming. He quickly and sternly walks past them and she hold up her hand to cover her face from the paparazzi, as modesty and the desire for anonymity struck her. She is probably telling her husband/friend to slow down lol.

I don't believe she is holding anything. The first image would make whatever she is holding, if anything, very small, about the diameter of a coin. The second image shows her opening up her hand and you can see her forefinger and middle finger rising. This would make it very difficult to hold anything. What's really annoying is that one or two more seconds of filming her would have clinched it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a6d23636e8fb.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aeb6d2206daf.jpg[/atsimg]

Hi Nic,
If you want to cover your face with your hand, that's what you would do. If you want to berate hubby in front of you, you would cup at least one hand around the mouth like a megaphone, unless the fork-and-knife doesn't need a megaphone of course!

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

Originally posted by Nicolas Flamel

Wow, 56 pages! This has really captured the ATS imagination or something.

My take on this: the man walking in front of the woman is probably her husband or friend and she is talking to him. They are movie goers on their way to the movie and see the press filming. He quickly and sternly walks past them and she hold up her hand to cover her face from the paparazzi, as modesty and the desire for anonymity struck her. She is probably telling her husband/friend to slow down lol.

I don't believe she is holding anything. The first image would make whatever she is holding, if anything, very small, about the diameter of a coin. The second image shows her opening up her hand and you can see her forefinger and middle finger rising. This would make it very difficult to hold anything. What's really annoying is that one or two more seconds of filming her would have clinched it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a6d23636e8fb.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aeb6d2206daf.jpg[/atsimg]

Hi Nic,
If you want to cover your face with your hand, that's what you would do. If you want to berate hubby in front of you, you would cup at least one hand around the mouth like a megaphone, unless the fork-and-knife doesn't need a megaphone of course!

Isn't that the way you are suppose to hold one of those new iPhones in order to maintain full signal strength?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Yeah I hear you. I actually think she is enjoying the attention judging by her grin. Paparazzi were a relatively new phenomenon and since she actually turned to face them at the end, one of the press may have been trying to get her attention. If I had to guess if she was actually holding anything I would say a glove? These old films are awesome for bringing history to life.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
another time traveler i found while surfing randomly yesterday

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
What if she isnt a time travlleer? (which is likely) perhaps objects can move through time? I know things go missing always just vanish ...a iphone showed up briefly.
LOL i know I know..this is getting more ridiculous by the second.
But hey its a serious quesiton, maybe she picked up the object and asked "hear me?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by livinshadow

hey the dude on the right looks like bill murray...is that from a film?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilmikey20

Originally posted by SusanForKucinich
It looks like the person becomes transparent at the end of the clip and disappears. Is that rignt?

Also, quite some time ago on Coast to Coast someone submitted a photo, I believe it was taken in the early 1950's - it shows too men in suits standing outside on the sidewalk on a residential street. The guy in the foreground appears to be holding a cell phone to his ear! Coincidence? Maybe not!
edit on 23-10-2010 by SusanForKucinich because: (no reason given)

do you know where i can find this picture id like to see it?

It's actually posted here in this thread somewhere. Maybe even twice. I'll take a quick look and post a link if I see it, but I'm a little busy catching up on a few threads, so don't have the time to search deeply right now.

BTW - it's an OK pic, but the video clip is far more compelling because it has all of the elements of a normal present day cell phone conversation that we all take for granted today. The real clincher for me is seeing the mannerism's common to all of us when we talk on mobiles while walking today.

Watch her ENTIRE BODY LANGUAGE the next time you watch the clip, don't just focus on trying to see the phone.

It will blow your mind.

Not because it looks unlike anything you've every seen before, but rather because it looks *exactly* like something you've seen so often you know what it is instantly without even thinking about it...

...Except the year is 1928.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
In 1928 if it didn't have a wire you didn't have a phone or a radio. There are a lot more people who talk to themselves than there are time travelers. A "compress" was common in that era for people with ear aches and tooth aches. Even if you took a modern day telephone back to 1928 it would not work, no satellites or repeaters.and no way for them to link up wuth the existing system.
edit on 093131p://pm3110 by debris765nju because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by debris765nju
In 1928 if it didn't have a wire you didn't have a phone or a radio. There are a lot more people who talk to themselves than there are time travelers. A "compress" was common in that era for people with ear aches and tooth aches. Even if you took a modern day telephone back to 1928 it would not work, no satellites or repeaters.and no way for them to link up wuth the existing system.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
reply to post by livinshadow

hey the dude on the right looks like bill murray...is that from a film?

I think it's from Th Razor's Edge..

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

He actually do look like him a bit, except the cleft chin. Anyway it's an old ww2 photo

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

Not sure what you are referring to? What about how she moves blows your mind?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Beast Of Gevaudan

God people like you are annoying. You say you're sick of the cell tower comments, well, some members are also sick of you making condescending remarks about it. Do you really need to bring this up in every one of your posts? We get it. This is a big site with thousands of members, you're going to come across the same/similar comments from time to time, deal with it. If you can't then maybe you should step away from your computer for a while.

If some people are going to make ridiculous claims that this is a time traveler talking on a mobile phone or some other device in 1928 then what's wrong with pointing out the most obvious flaw with that claim? People saying that's a weak argument because it's stating the obvious and that it's been mentioned many times in this thread already are using ridiculous reasoning.

Beast - you've totally missed the point.

Same or similar comments are fine when it is accompanied by an acknowledgement that the poster has at least tried to read thru some of the thread, knows that the point has been made before, but believes it deserves a 2nd look because...(insert reason here).

The "no cell tower" point was made very early, very often...and then continued to be made ad nauseum. The first few posts pointing out that fact were made in a light joking tone, but eventually it just gets irritating and shows a lack of courtesy and respect to the other people participating in the thread.

If everyone just starts hammering away at their keyboard before taking a little time to see what their fellow ATS'ers have to say on a topic, this place will quickly devolve into nothing but noise and everyone worth listening to and sharing information with will be gone in flash.

We owe each other better than that.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

For lilmikey20:

It's actually posted here in this thread somewhere. Maybe even twice. I'll take a quick look and post a link if I see it, but I'm a little busy catching up on a few threads, so don't have the time to search deeply right now.

Found it....here ya go:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riffrafter

God people like you are annoying. You say you're sick of the cell tower comments, well, some members are also sick of you making condescending remarks about it. Do you really need to bring this up in every one of your posts? We get it. This is a big site with thousands of members, you're going to come across the same/similar comments from time to time, deal with it. If you can't then maybe you should step away from your computer for a while.

If some people are going to make ridiculous claims that this is a time traveler talking on a mobile phone or some other device in 1928 then what's wrong with pointing out the most obvious flaw with that claim? People saying that's a weak argument because it's stating the obvious and that it's been mentioned many times in this thread already are using ridiculous reasoning.

Same or similar comments are fine when it is accompanied by an acknowledgement that the poster has at least tried to read thru some of the thread, knows that the point has been made before, but believes it deserves a 2nd look because...(insert reason here).

The "no cell tower" point was made very early, very often...and then continued to be made ad nauseum. The first few posts pointing out that fact were made in a light joking tone, but eventually it just gets irritating and shows a lack of courtesy and respect to the other people participating in the thread.

If everyone just starts hammering away at their keyboard before taking a little time to see what their fellow ATS'ers have to say on a topic, this place will quickly devolve into nothing but noise and everyone worth listening to and sharing information with will be gone in flash.

Thanks Riff. That was my point as well. I gave the entire thread a read, and it got insulting how many times it was acknowledged that we know their wasnt towers back then, just for someone to come barging in 4 posts later and act like they solved the case because they are the only ones that know about not having the infrastructure to utilize cell phones back then. Thats all i was ever getting at....geesh.If i came off condescending i apologize
thats not my way and it wasnt my intent.
edit on 23-10-2010 by itbenickp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Back in those days, if you had a toothache, then the only thing you could do to alleviate the pain was to strap some ice in a cloth and hold it to your face. Possible, and not inconcievable, this woman had a bad tooth and was holding an small ice pack to her head. Using the principle of AR, then it has a much higher probability than a time traveler with a cell phone.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
As I talked about the Bat phone on page 55 on this particular thread new developments in communications are being made in remote areas of the World www.abc.net.au...

Back in the late 1980s and early 1990s there was a highly illegal type wireless phone sold known as a Bat Phone that circumvented the telephone network and towers and went directly to satellite and back to Earth without being billed.
^Y^
edit on 24-10-2010 by amari because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by debris765nju

First idea great theory - possible compress. That works.

Second idea - no satellite etc... ?? If they are really time travellers or using some advanced tech than ...it is advanced tech maybe its to a space ship, maybe its to another of similar type using tech were not familiar with as we are not familiar with getting a phone to 1928 either.

cant assume present day tech when supposing futuristic tech.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by itbenickp

Originally posted by Riffrafter

Thanks Riff. That was my point as well. I gave the entire thread a read, and it got insulting how many times it was acknowledged that we know their wasnt towers back then, just for someone to come barging in 4 posts later and act like they solved the case because they are the only ones that know about not having the infrastructure to utilize cell phones back then. Thats all i was ever getting at....geesh.If i came off condescending i apologize
thats not my way and it wasnt my intent.
edit on 23-10-2010 by itbenickp because: (no reason given)

Fair enough guys. My mistake, I misinterpreted what you were saying.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Thats the problem with text sometimes. Cant see the facial features, sub text and emotions etc of what people are saying. Emoticons are nice and all but it still takes something away from the conversation by not seeing people face to face. Happens to all of us more times than not. Especially on a site where there are alot of conflicting ideas, theories, ideology, language barriers etc. I still love ya beast!
edit on 24-10-2010 by itbenickp because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join