It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnitude 8.8 Offshore Maule, Chile

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR
Sky News Breaking News Reporting

First Tsunami wave hits Chatham NZ

maps.google.co.uk...

[edit on 27-2-2010 by BRITWARRIOR]

Can that be right when the wave has not reached Hawaii yet?

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
If we are being honest this has turned out to be a non-event and so will the smallish tsunami. The only noteworthy thing is the size, 8.8

Speak for yourself and don't include "me" in your "we".

If you consider that the tragic and horrible deaths of children, men and women, the injuries to many others, the huge destruction of property and infrastructure and the untold fear, grief, uncertainty and misery that is afflicting not only Chileans but others as well is a "non-event", then all I can say is that your opinion shows either a total lack of understanding of the magnitude of this tragedy or utter callousness towards your fellow humans -- or both.

And that's me being honest.

Mike

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

No that wouldnt be true, the first waves wouldve hit Chile. We have warnings out for our east copast still. Waiting for latest warning, shouldve been issued, 30 minutes ago

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I remember the BBC saying that world trade centre 7 had collapse...25 minutes before it did...it was still visible behind the reporter...

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Actually disregard that, the waves shouldve reached that far by now

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I live in So California...why so much concern in Hawaii, and not a word about the west coast of the U.S.? I mean I live in a Tsunami inundation zone here. Anyone have any info about CA???

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Yeah I just saw a map that show the wave reachin NZ before it reaches Hawaii.

due to the contours I guess!!

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972

I remember the BBC saying that world trade centre 7 had collapse...25 minutes before it did...it was still visible behind the reporter...

i remember bush saying it was tragic watching both planes fly into the trade centers when only one plane had hit so far

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg

Yeah I just saw a map that show the wave reachin NZ before it reaches Hawaii.

due to the contours I guess!!

Yes, it could be. On open water though, I would assume tsunami waves gather more speed. We had a warning for our east coast at 5:30am....hasnt reaches yet, but expecting updated warning very soon

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by odd1out
I live in So California...why so much concern in Hawaii, and not a word about the west coast of the U.S.? I mean I live in a Tsunami inundation zone here. Anyone have any info about CA???

The NOAA only has a Tsunami Advisory out fore the west coeat of the US, Canada and Alaska

NOAA rep citing as saying on CNN there will be turbulent waters and sterong currents.

I think probably becuase it the forces have been weakened after moving up the West coasts of south and central america.

i think the main concern for Hawaii as it is right in the firing line!

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
For an 8.8 earthquake 147 deaths is incredible, hopefully the casualties won't rise...has CNN reported about the number of deaths in Concepcion, Chile the closest city to the epicenter?

Also I was watching CNN at about 5 AM and the meteorologist was saying that some cities along the coast of Chile could be underwater as a result of the tsunami.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Just came through....new sea level rises:

Raratonga, Cook Islands 0.35m

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
It was just this minite reported on sky news,

That was my first thoughts aswell, thats why i put in the google map link i couldnt make sense of it, but maybe it has something to do with the seabed

thos islands are largely uninhabeted

link   

Originally posted by sv_gravity 800

Originally posted by andy1972

i remember bush saying it was tragic watching both planes fly into the trade centers when only one plane had hit so far

Stay on topic guys there are plenty of other 9/11 threads.

But its a good example of MSM getting things wrong, and Strange "preictions"

But please.

link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by tarifa37

My memory worked as it should this time.

That is the annual tidal wave in Hangzhou Bay

Thanks ArMap .

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by odd1out
Oregon here...CNN says that the West coast isn't going to be effected that much.
It's more Hawaii that they are concerned about since it's directly in the path of where the earthquake struck.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR
It was just this minite reported on sky news,

That was my first thoughts aswell, thats why i put in the google map link i couldnt make sense of it, but maybe it has something to do with the seabed

thos islands are largely uninhabeted

Have a look at the wave progression map on the Sky Website you will see what I mean

NZ is around 12h HW is at around 15H

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Yup its true New Zeland has just been hit by a erm 20cm meter wave BUT they are expecting 1-3 meter waves to hit shore, the real bad thing is that locals are unaware of any warning

Here

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I do not know if anyone already post about this..

Do not forget yellowstone...

You just take a good look at this....

26.02 see it at the bottom...

www.quake.utah.edu...

And 27.02

www.quake.utah.edu...

Can you see any data about this.. ? I don't.

No one is talking about it.... and that is very strange.

Not even on RSOE EDIS

hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
anyone else read this on cnn:

"The 13th Air Force, in Hawaii, also launched planes with speakers attached to them to alert people in coastal areas not nearing sirens to evacuate."

how do they do that? wont the engine be louder than the speaker? arent they flying fast? its not a hovering helicopter...

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join