It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO files to be released under Obama Open Government Memoranda

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
I have this visualization in my mind that the President stands before the higher ups and demands full disclosure when all of the sudden the higher up begins to morph to become the most impressive alien with intense black and soul piercing eyes. The President swallows hard and takes one cautious step backwards...

To be continued.

Now that sounds about right antar, my views exactly. The ones in control of this planet are indeed the 'powers tha be' not necessarily human beings. In fact I put money on the fact that the higher you go the changes of bumping into another race is pretty damn high!

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

with regard to obama releasing details of ufos....
nice thought but cant see it happening...
im sure he,ll start off with all good intentions but those"nice" men above him will show him who has the real power in this game.......!!
wonder how long he can stand on his own 2 feet before being compromised!!
hope im wrong but isnt that how this games played out?? i.e.kennedy?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
i dobt anything will be released until the end of his term, IF anything is released. But what if we have a mass sighting, landings, etc....he will have some major things to tell us.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Until the words come out of Obama's mouth - I AM RELEASING EVERYTHING - and until we know exactly what happened at Chicago/O'hare airport last year - I DO NOT BELIEVE THIS WILL HAPPEN.

We deserve for it to happen. It's long overdue.

But Obama is just a temporary employee of DC.
I don't think he even knows what is going on with this.
Those who REALLY do know, won't be briefing him.

And so ... he won't be letting us know either.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I think it's important to keep two things in mind. #1 these "cookie cutter" news sites are not credible whatsoever. #2 Dr. Salla. Come on, this guy is nutty. Not credible.

Hope this happens though.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I'll admit that I'm not blind to the illusion of democrocy...

That aside.. any president is not a temp. He is a Representative of the people and hence will act for the people. With the exception of some... another topic I'm sure we all agree on.

That being said.. any president does have the abilities to render any protocols obsolete or changed as he is the commander and chief. Those who do not agree with his "orders" in regards to changing policy for the people he is representing should be removed from their employment.

Those in the need to know are employed right? Someone is paying their salary... unless their working for free?? Unlikely...

The question remains.. does this president have the scions to do what is necessary to make this administration transparent and all those who are receiving a pay cheque from this administration? Time will tell...

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Willbert
.. any president is not a temp.

They are ALL temporary employees of Washington DC.
Out in 4 - 8 years.
The shadow gov't and those that really run things are more permenant.
Cheney and Rummy and Bush41 ran things for DECADES.
Obama is a nobody and just a temporary employee.
Same as Carter was.
Clinton ran things well, but he was a temporary employee.
He even complained that he couldn't get briefed on UFOs by those that know.

Those in the need to know are employed right? Someone is paying their salary... unless their working for free??

They are not 'employed'. They have their own resources and their own sources of power. Read up on the Bildebergers, the tri-lats, the CFR and read some of Jim Marrs books - especially Rule by Secrecy.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Actually quite a few people in the know seem to agree that Obama is the one to take the lid off of the UFO matter, all the right players are in place for disclosure.

I think the rationale behind it is the fact that we only have 3 years till 2012, while it may just be another day it may also be the day the EBE's make them selves known to the world and litterally land on the white house lawn.

Just look at the news, they are admitting to microbes on mars now, there are more and more shows about UFOs on TV now than ever before, more people believe in UFO's and/or extra-terrestial visitors.

Frankly I think we are ready for disclosure and I think the gov thinks the same.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
What an interesting development. I seriously doubt that any Earth shattering news will develop from any of this. What will probably happen is that the UFO community will be thrown a bone or two to placate their appetite and then all will go back as normal.

The clause of "...the release of such files in cases where national security is not compromised." is the loophole they will use to deny any real release of information. A theory is out there that alien life is in constant and continuing contact with our world governments and in fact does control certain aspects of our respective governments. Therefore the release of this information would be compromising to our national security.

It is interesting to note that while the election was happening CNN was doing pieces on UFOs and was reporting on this subject up until the time that the market tanked. The continuing coverage was then trashed in favor of the popular story of the day which was the Madoff scandal.

On a side note, reply to post by Crakeur

Jimmy Carter promised to let the public know about ufos etc.

Some time after his presidency, a producer from a very prestigious news show who was involved in the original majestic document story, asked him what happened to that promise.

Carter responded with " I was told I didn't have the proper clearance"

when the producer pushed deeper and said "with all due respect, Sir, you were the President of the United States."

Carter then said that was the case but he was a temp. Given that he was there for 4 years, he wasn't going to be shown the deepest, most secure secrets when he might be back in the public sector in 4 short years.

This also says something else, that the President isn't chosen by election or the electoral college, but someone else chooses the president, and how long he will be in office. It would be impossible to know that you were a "temp" president. If Carter knew he was only going to be in office for 4 years and they weren't going to show him everything because he was a "temp" what does that say about our democracy?

Crakeur, is there a source you can provide us with for this? As this would be a monumental story, the president knowing full well that he will loose the next election prior to it happening? Being told frankly that he is just a stand in till his replacement can be elected?

That would mean that prior to 1980 the NWO was already in full effect, letting the American people in on what they wanted them to know and that our entire democracy is in fact just a ruse for something far more sinister.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by GrOuNd_ZeRo

"I think the rationale behind it is the fact that we only have 3 years till 2012, while it may just be another day it may also be the day the EBE's make them selves known to the world and litterally land on the white house lawn."

That's Crazy talk....

Everyone of quality already knows Obama is the anti-christ and Jesus is coming back on 2012 - not EBEs.... Sheesh!

*Have you seen the Novelty wave for Dec. 22 2012?
Only a Jesus-based event (known as a 'JBE') could be precipitated by such an exponential wave/speed increase in the race towards the eschaton - as indicated by the novelty wave in the timewave zero Program...

Sheesh! Even an EBE wouldn't dare land on the White House Lawn - it would be intercepted and shot down before it even got over Washington... I also doubt the JBE will be occurring in the US of A - a police state.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE
Just watch Obama's face now that he is President, and compare it to before he was President.

If his face looks like he has seen a ghost, you know he knows something pretty shocking.

Me and my girlfriend noticed the same thing. I am glad I'm not alone in assuming that he has seen or been informed of things that left him shaken.

I first noticed it at one of his first press conferences as president, he looked real shaken up!

Cheers and a star for you!

Steve.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Bottom of the line.... The President of the United States does have the power to open all classified documents and release them as long as they are not "Nation Threat or Security" related. The only reason why the previous Presidents stopped or did not pursue the issue further "they got scared". They probably were confronted and scorned for their cause and scared them into submission.

We just need a President with a big set of huevos to go in there, make the necessary demands for the good of the people, represent us and our wishes, and NOT back down!

I hope that President Obama is the man for this job.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Carter then said that was the case but he was a temp. Given that he was there for 4 years, he wasn't going to be shown the deepest, most secure secrets when he might be back in the public sector in 4 short years.... If Carter knew he was only going to be in office for 4 years and they weren't going to show him everything because he was a "temp" what does that say about our democracy?

EXACTLY. Thank you for posting that. It's EXACTLY what I was saying.

Originally posted by Amaxium
Bottom of the line.... The President of the United States does have the power to open all classified documents and release them as long as they are not "Nation Threat or Security" related. .

Actually the bottom line is this - The President of the United States does NOT have access to all the information that is going on because he's a TEMPORARY EMPLOYEE and those that really run things - the shadow gov't, bildebergers, trilats, CFR, etc - aren't going to spill all their secrets to some guy that is only going to be around for 4 years.

Read Jim Marrs books. They are very enlightening.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
If you remember, Bush said early in his term that he would get us back to the moon. They shut him up quickly after that speech, and he never mentioned it again.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Carter didn't know if he'd be in office for 4 or 8 years and nobody told him it was only 4 years. He was told he was only there for a temporary position. The job of president is not a permanent job. It's, at most, two four year terms. When you take a job with set term limits, it is, usually, considered a temporary job. In fact, if you move to another state for the term of employment, you can often claim non-residency in the state you are living and working as you plan on moving as soon as the job ends.

So, there was no secret group controlling who was president and how long he'd serve. At least there wasn't anything like that being implied here.

As to the validity of the story, well, the man who told it was in a meeting with Springer, our PR guy and me. 4 of us, talking ufos etc. Stephenville had just taken place and we were pitching a story to this guy. He is a producer at a news magazine show on CBS. Well known show, well respected. He was a producer at nightline when the majestic documents were delivered. Anyway, he told us the story and he was the man who asked President Carter about the lack of disclosure.

So, from the horse's mouth but, with everything in the field of ufology, taken with a grain of salt.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
After the first term a president has more access, but again Obama is not a regular president and might have the power to change things in year one...

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I'd love full disclosure of everything they know, but his administration can only pass on what they are given. There is no way they will get their hands on anything our military and security branches don't care to share.

So I'm pleased with the possibility, but he can hardly demand secret files if he does not know they exist.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

While it is true that the office of the President is a temporary job as it does have a limit of two terms. The president does in fact hold the highest level of security clearance in the land.

The problem is if our highest elected official is denied access to classified material, it weakens our national security. A sitting president has got to have access to all available information in order to create policy that is in line with the facts of the situation. If the president is denied critical knowledge of an issue because of security clearance they may make a grave mistake in the commander in chief role.

Bottom line is, if he is allowed access to our nuclear arsenal, given the codes for launch. What could possibly be denied him? And if he is indeed denied access to information in this area, what other area's of information are denied him? Who if not our commander in chief is worthy of this sensitive information?

Thank you for clarifying your statement. It does go to show a certain veil of secrecy within our government beyond the powers of the most powerful person in the land.

The last administration greatly expanded the powers of the presidency, it would be wise for the current administration to take the initiative of these newly garnered powers to perhaps promote a new era of disclosure. But if it is true that even our president is denied access to any sensitive information for whatever reason. It could make the case that disclosure in this area might not be forthcoming because of national security concerns. Which in my opinion itself reveals a lack of national security.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

well said a star for you...

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

For a long time now, there's been too much secrecy in this city. The old rules said that if there was a defensible argument for not disclosing something to the American people, then it should not be disclosed. That era is now over. Starting today, every agency and department should know that this administration stands on the side not of those who seek to withhold information but those who seek to make it known.

This is very exciting news...can't wait to see how the next 4 years pan out.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join