It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO files to be released under Obama Open Government Memoranda

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by boomadatigger

I understand your sentiments, but I see it differently.
I once saw Stanton Friedman put it pretty well.
"When I look up at a 747 I don't ask myself: 'Are the people in that craft good or bad,' because I know that would be foolish. In reality there are both good AND bad up there. But that doesn't change the fact that the knowledge of an extraterrestrial presence would be THE MOST significant event in human history."

And I agree with him. People have a right to know. Afterall, forewarned is forearmed.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
My take on disclosure is this: perhaps we Earthlings have no control over what is disclosed. The decision may not be ours whatsoever. If there are Alien beings here on earth collaborating with our leaders, doing whatever experiments they wish to do on us, why do you think they the Aliens would want that to be known? I therefore believe that Earthlings are being dictated to if what I believe is indeed true.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
As I was told long ago by an old soul, when things are meant to be they will be and whatever is to be will be.

I go by what I was told and I was told.... that they would only confer one time to interfere and that would be if we were about to destroy Earth for if we destroyed Earth we would destroy there Laboratory.

Steve Bassett from Exopolitics says disclosure this Spring so ...............as with everything time will tell

[edit on 22-1-2009 by observe50]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I doubt that Obama will release any kind of sensitive information like that. Based on what he's showed us thus far, I don't think hes going to do half the things he says he will. I could be wrong (and hope I am) but I'm not going to hold my breath...

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I made a thread looking at our potential UFO history At: Matrix of what makes Society, from Government to Religion, Even the Para- Normal, An Alien Conspiracy?

Maybe, if We want a shift in Government, We should shift in the way We support and defend the President. Maybe, We should blindly give Obama the benefit of the doubt and back him up, physically, legally, or by any means necessary, to the point that we the People make clear We will defend his actions no matter the cost, military, being composed of Civilians too, and People from all walks of life, if they Unite behind Obama, maybe, We can compel the Change We Need, and maybe, Obama will listen more closely to Our demands for the Change We feel is Best for Us.

If that fails, then, why would we ever have hope, faith, or belief in any leader for any reason, ever again?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE
I've noticed this too. His face has hardened and has a much more serious look to it. I'm sure he has learned more secrets than he ever believed he would or knew were happening.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
What Aliens Really think of us...

I keep hearing comparisons about aliens looking at us like we would look at ants etc.
I think humans are pretty interesting species and probably fascinate or terrify aliens to death by the fast progress of our technology.

If we saw ants evolve and build cities or suddenly learn to fly with vehicles they built from earth’s resources, we would have probably tried to talk to them a long time ago. And with any other creature or animal on this planet.

If aliens are watching us it is for two possible reasons:

1. They see us as a dangerous virus. If you look at the three main characteristics of a virus they are:
a. Multiply
b. Violent
c. Absorb or drain resources.

Kind of reminds me of the human race. And if they see we are already capable of space flight in merely 100 years of us building the first airplane. They are probably observing us with caution.

Or:

2. We might amaze them as creatures. Maybe it’s the combination of good and evil. Or love and hate. Or the creativity and technology. But what ever it may be, I think we are far from being primitive creatures even by their standards.

I agree they are probably light years smarter then us. But I doubt they were much more advanced then us in the beginning of their evolution (10,000 years on their planet)

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Didn’t read the whole thread so my apologies if this idea has been posted previously.

My take is that if there are some ‘real’ revelations of UFO activity from the Obama administration, it might well be a prelude to a Blue Beam type operation. Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Like most people have already posted on this thread the possibility of disclosure is very slim if not none. The possibility of alien life visiting us would cause a world security threat. Imagine the possibility of crafts that outpace missles, hulls that cannot be penetrated by conventional weapons. possible energy rays that immobilize targets, the effects of an electro-static burst going off and disrupting electronics. Just speculations of course but still, it will cause a panic in some countries. Where there is panic the is a feeling of hopelessness and desperation. As any POW will tell you if they had the chance to run they would of. Now this is just speculation, but it bring all the encounters from people to light and how do you know which are real and which are just a possible breakdown. In some cases of people that are afraid, they lash out like a caged rat. Not knowing what to do they revert to the most primal form of communication...Violence. In which case would be the wrong thing and would end up being the end of us all.

So long story short... Obama + UFO's = No go

-Aza

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Carter was also attacked by an amphibious killer rabbit.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Crakeur,

Do you have an original source for Jimmy Carter saying he didn't have sufficent security clearance. A quick google just turns up FOAF stories or internet posts such as yours. This is certainly something that interests me, but I have trouble believing it if it's just rumors.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
If I was in his shoes I would start off by suspending all govt. spending only to exclude pay checks. Even then I would require every position and the amount paid to the individual reported and then have someone I trust examine the pay check data.

At that point no money to any black projects until each project came across my desk and I was informed in detail why we need to fund it.

All the while citing that the economy will fail and this is the only way to save money and soften the blow. After all it would be the perfect time right now to do this.

In the event that I was killed I would make sure I had people in place to continue on doing what I was doing even if the vice president was also killed.

I would also use threats to anyone I thought trying to make sure this didn't happen by threatening to expose them and make sure I had about 10-15 people all ready to release the information to the entire planet whether it affected national security or not citing, "Well if I'm dead I really won't care if the entire planet finds out everything the US is doing, well because I'm dead and it won't concern me at that point."

Chances are he wouldn't be killed by these people any way.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
"The FBI's Zero Files" = X-files based Information for hollywood. But on a serious note the better thing to do is to look at the information that is about to come out and compare it to past information remember that there is a good chance for a roose here.

What information has come out or is out that gov or someone or group cant afford to have out that is what to look for in my opinion.

Falcon

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Darthorious

the President doesn't have that sort of control over the budget. Very simply put, the way the budget works is the President suggests a budget to the House, the Hosue approves or diapproves, makes changes, whatever, then the President can either sign it into law or veto it. Seperation of Powers at work. The President is not a dictator that can just direct money at will.

Congress is the body with the true power over the budget. The President cna jsut make suggestions (and veto it, but eventualyl they have to agree on a budget if they want anything done).

So roundabout way, the President can't just stop all government spending because he wants to.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Only under conditions.

Follow the money & power trail. There will always be a lot of big money & power leading to the ones behind the Disclosure. There has to be solutions to our current energy problem, i.e. new technologies that provide "free energy." Free energy will have a "price" however.

As for the power elite, they will have their price which we must pay as well. It will be called "Amnesty." They will require a mandatory pardon which will allow them to become untouchables. (this was put forward by Jim Sparks) All of the power elite who have been pulling the puppet strings for generations, allowing all of this deniable mysterious crap to occur to us, (Aunt Sally's hair falling out & subsequent cancer, Gramp's nervous meltdown during his military service 'cause he saw 2 dead ETs, cousin Tim's missing time episodes, etc.) will need an all expense paid resort island to retire on. They need these perks for keeping us safe from ET & our own demise for the past 70 years.

I could carry on a lot farther, but I hope that I have made my point clear enough.

Oh & do not be beguiled by this President if he does release the mostly blacked out documents. He's not stupid. He went to Harvard University. So long as he follows the rules by his paymasters he will be fine.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Why not tell the US and the whole world that there are other life forms visiting this planet. Just let us know because we are going to know sooner or later. All he has to do is give a speech to the nation without telling his peers what he may say and let us know that he is striving for exposure and he knows that they are here because we are not dumb like some people. He then can tell the people of this nation that if he has an un-expectant death than it was your very own government.

Why not do that? Who would want to be president in this economic crisis unless you had some big balls or you actually had a plan to start us out in the right direction. Or possibly he knows of the inevitable Nibiru.

PS. (How do some of you not believe that they are here¿? hahaha you make me laugh every night)

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Government transparency? Ha what a joke. There are just going to say it's all military.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Im quite Pleased more classified files may be released but wonder if many of those new files will follow previous releases?
As in 3/4 of the pages blacked out.
That certainly isnt Transparent at all IMO.
Remember Clinton was Hot for the UFO/Area 51 files as well and after One Certain Military briefing Completely skirted the issue in its entirety.
That right there Speaks volumes on the subjects.
Heres hoping for aComplete Govt. Disclosure.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Something that profound would probably change our entire attitude towards things...I think many would be more awe struck than frightened or hostile towards it.

Probably the biggest WOW from folks in a very long time

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Hate to say it, but if he persists in this and tries to release the really secret stuff. We may be singing "Hail to the Chief" for President Biden.

Since this is a conspiracy website, I'll just go there. Isn't this supposed to be what got JFK killed?

I would also like to point out that Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan, and Bill Clinton are all reported to have tried to release the UFO files. It never happened for any of them. What makes Obama different?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join