It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO files to be released under Obama Open Government Memoranda

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
First post but have been lurking for awhile. No one knows every federal regulation or policy but having worked in D.C. with the Fed. Gov't, I have some knowledge of their procedures.

The President has complete access to all information requested and if they say otherwise, they are covering up for some one or some thing. Plausible deniability only exists if there is potential illegal activity involved or suspected. The example of a bank president not knowing a safe combination is not relevant since it is a "need to know" basis not plausible deniability. And "need to know" is the basis for all government clearances.

All civilian personnel employed by the Fed Gov't., regardless of tenure, are subject to OPM policies and regulations and may be relieved of their employment for refusing to release information that is requested through proper channels. Failure to produce is insubordination, at best. In some instances it could be criminal or even traitorous. In nearly all instances, it would require the cooperation (or lack of it) by the presiding cabinet secretary appointed by the President.

There are many that have the power to prevent information from being disseminated through destruction, delay, bureaucratic malaise or policies, etc. However that only goes so far and, if caught, they will lose their jobs or be transferred to another position depending on grade level and tenure.

Information is hidden, glossed over, "lost" or misplaced all the time but classified information is held very close to the vest by those with the proper clearances. And they are not nameless...even black ops information is available to those possessing the sufficient clearances. And the President has the highest clearance of all and only he can determine his "need to know" including overriding any potential offers of plausible deniability. No one has the ability to deny clearance to the Commander in Chief and if they tried, their replacement would be given the opportunity.

Any civilian worker of the Gov't, regardless of position or tenure, can be removed or replaced immediately by presidential order via the presiding cabinet secretary. If a general refuses an order, Defense can remove (retire) them. CIA, NSA, FBI, etc. are all subject to direct orders given through proper channels.

If Obama wants the truth, he will get it. However, if he does not ask for it, they are not obligated to volunteer it. Whatever he decides to do with it at that point, such as ordering its declassification or reclassification, is his choice within certain parameters regarding national security.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

In the case of classified X-Files dealing with evidence of UFOs and extraterrestrial life, Obama’s Memoranda will make it easier for the release of such files in cases where national security is not compromised.

and in cases where national security is compromised, nothing will be released. In other words, don't hold your breath.

Spot on! I thought we were all aware by now of what the President of the US of A is up against? Where this subject is concerned, it falls under the security classification, Cosmic Top Secret. Not even the President is authorised to pry into any documents falling under this classification.

So let's not have a binge just yet. Nothing's going to change. There's going to be NO disclosure.

Now back to more practical issues....Like hitting the bar for some beer.

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
It's about time, wasn't it Crnl. Philip Corso who said it's time time to declassify to documents and let it be known a few months before he died.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Beaux -
Welcome to ATS.
By the looks of your post you're going to be a fab addition to this place.
Thanks for a well stated and informed post - that clears up some of the governmental cobwebs for me at least.
Grats and Welcome again!

In my opinion - if this issue is brought to Obama's attention -(and I think that first step is going to be the key issue) - I truly believe Obama will do what he can with a stoke of his pen to open up this information for us.
It’s really a no brainer as he’s got the UK and France (and more) to look to as signposts of the positive repercussions of his actions in this case.

No, I don’t see a problem at all with this - other than the initial getting the issue to his desk.

That part I truly believe will be up to *us*.
So if you’re not doing anything actively to make sure this issue is brought to light in the Oval Office, don’t complain it isn’t forthcoming.

peace

[edit on 23-1-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
When the Government discloses this information we all have a big decision to make. Will we act out of fear and cause more destruction to our selves our will we come together and work towards understanding and a better future.

I fear that many of the people who are wanting this disclosure so badly are just looking for another reason to fear, and fear often leads to stupid actions.

When Obama has a press conference and walks out holding the hand of a little grey alien most of the world will shutter in fear. Or maybe I am the only one that is afraid.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
"all UFO's were either secret military projects from America or another country, or a natural phenomenon where the witnesses did not have any idea what was going on"

ya that sounds really great

I doubt there is very much, if any, reports documented out there that actually say," this must have been something not from our planet"

this is nothing to get excited about folks, because they are not going to admit anything of the sort, especially at the whim of an inexperienced politician who became president

if anything this will hurt the cause when Obama get the classified un-classified, and it all turns out to debunk all of the theories.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
The last President that REALLY forced the issue about opening UFO files to the public was John F. Kennedy.

.......Everyone knows what happened to him......................

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reevster
Lets hope not but this is starting to remind me of JFK ...and we all know how that turned out....

Oh that reminds me...

During Obamas Inauguration speech, did anyone else notice where he stated he would work against those who wield power through deceit and by crushing dissent?

The way he said that kind of gave me the willies. It's like he was addressing people he knows of within the country...

I remember saying "Wow, he sounds like JFK" to my fiance while we watched it. She just said "Lets hope he's not addressing the same people."

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
France and England released such files but the gov still doesnt acknowledges nor denies ufo's.

In this way everything stays the same but with more questions then answers being asked.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   

First post but have been lurking for awhile. No one knows every federal regulation or policy but having worked in D.C. with the Fed. Gov't, I have some knowledge of their procedures.
reply to post by Beaux

Hi Beaux,

I see you are new here. If you think there isn't a clearance above the POTUS think again. You have some reading to do! Also, I'm sure you aren't a government insider because we all know those types don't monitor/ lurk around ATS!

And if you think Barack has the capability to suddenly perform DISCLOSURE when ALL others have failed then he surely is a remarkable political person!

Your implication is that if Barack doesn't disclose anything then there is nothing to disclose!

Great post (and keep on lurking)!

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Why is the military idustrial complex allowed to have more power than a leader chosen by the people???????????????????????

[edit on 1/23/2009 by infinite8]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Dracula23

This guy has been in less than a week and already he is becoming dangerous.

While I do not think it is a bad thing it is still a dangerous thing that he is speaking of doing if he went all the way that is.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
This has the potential for earth shaking revelations that we have been waiting for decades.

This country needs transparency and open government. It's time the taxpayers have some respect showed to them and not just bullied by the PTB.

s&f

I disagree.

Obama knows the way the public think & the media work.

If any real disclosure were about to be made, don't you think Obama would deliver it himself in speech form... that would be his chance to enter the record books as making Mankind's most important speech "We are not alone in this universe...etc".

He wouldn't just let it get leaked out unceremoniously.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   

The first 100 days of an Obama administration promise a number of bold initiatives aiming to reinvigorate the U.S. economy and restore America’s international image. Key personnel in the Obama administration have been appointed to implement and ensure the success of such initiatives. Among these initiatives is the anticipated release of classified technologies based on antigravity propulsion principles that can revolutionize the energy and aerospace industries. Obama’s National Security Advisor, retired Marine General James Jones, will feature prominently in the releases of antigravity technologies and associated initiatives.

lin k

I read this on the same site.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Dracula23

This has to be taken with a pinch of salt guys.

I can easily say this being a Man City fan! We spent a few days in talks with the worlds greatest footballer, whixh would have been the worlds greatest transfer ever only to be let down at the end.

Similar to this in a way, could be the most important thing a U.S President will ever do, but I doubt he will come out with anything. Bush lost trust, and Obama is just a face to front what goes on behind the scenes.
TPTB will not allow their secrets to leak out, and even if Obama is for real, he will be assasinated - Guarantee it!
If he actually ties to do this and succeeds then expect some VERY important poeple to have him taken out.

my 2 pennys there.

Cheers

tO

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by resistor

I agree with what you said.
Disclosure will come when they can use it to their own benefit. I doubt we'll hear or see anything of value until then.

I hope it happens soon as the UFO phenomenon has been an obsession of mine since I was a teenager in the 70s. It's now 2009 and still nothing.
But fingers crossed that now is the time.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
probably small unexplanable stuff nasa has observerd throwing heavy turns at fast speed on video or like the mexico official millitary observation video , not ground breaking alien intellects having interactions. i just had a thought imagine if suppearior intelects could disproved religion would that mean people could sue churches for tiethings if that was to happen that could crush secret societies fundings to projects

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Jimmy Carter promised to let the public know about ufos etc.

Some time after his presidency, a producer from a very prestigious news show who was involved in the original majestic document story, asked him what happened to that promise.

Carter responded with " I was told I didn't have the proper clearance"

In other words: "There are powers and forces at work that are higher than the president. And these are hidden".

And that alone justifies the existence of conspiracy-theory.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
All you will get is the same rubbish released here in the uk.Eye witness accounts of lights in the sky and a few pilot sightings.You will never be told Yes et's exist and we have been in contact since the late 40's.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join