It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Night Vision UFO's Clear footage

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Actually, I myself have witnessed on a few occasions MIL Craft on Maneuvers without Anti-Collision Lights. I have even seen MIL Craft on Low-Level CAPs, wherein they completely blacked out for short periods of time.

You are correct however, especially when in FLT over the United States, they typically do have a beacon (typically the Red Belly Anti-Collision Beacons, sometimes in combination with their Tail Strobes [In Regards to Fighter Jets]).

Nice NVD btw! Generation III PVS-14, that is SWEET. What tubes are you using (Grumman/Litton, ITT, etc.)?

I myself have been trying to get a pair of A/N PVS-7 MIL Spec., but the Price-tag is really up there with the tubes I am looking for. Maybe you can help me in my searching, if you can, could you toss me a U2U?

True they can cut the anti-collision lights but typically they do this when training and in areas that don't have civilian aircraft flying in the vicinity. I am guessing that since this is a populated area it is not a training ground. As an adder I have repaired the anti-collision lights along with every other electrical componenet from the navigation systems to the generators on every fixed wing aircraft in the Navy and Marine Corps including the Ch-46 and CH-53 helicopters. Only thing we didn't repair at the intermediate level were radios and radar. This doesn't make me an expert by any means in relation to ops but I have a clue.

This video was obviously taped with a video camera pressed to the lens of a gen 3 looks like a pinnacle 3 or newer tube with a minor defect in the display (black dot), this defect would have prevented the tube from being used in a mil/spec unit. I can give you good advice and I have a great contact for you if you want a real mil/spec AN PVS-7D, it will cost a minimum 3k but it's not bs equipment like what you find on ebay.

ITT is the only way to go, Litton to me isn't as good, I have owned a few. I know one of the engineers here in Fort Wayne who shared in the design of the first ITT Mariner. I have owned 4 PVS-7's All gen 3 but they were all of different evolutions of the tube. The best pair was the d model absolutely clear, very little noise (scintillation). I have a thin film autogated 72 lp/mm 0 defect ITT tube in my pvs-14 and it is UNREAL! I sold every night vision monocular and 2 goggles after using this monocular and never looked for another. Don't buy any Gen 1 crap and beware of all gen 2 unless it is an ITT tube they are acceptable.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I fly RC aircraft look closely how it fly's it will pitch up stall then gain speed then almost stall again I have done it a hundred times with my flying wing..
Your busted..

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
wow I'm not really goona read thru all the posts to see if I'm the only intelligent one...nice shot of a flock of geese...man some people I tell ya

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Damn! brilliant footage!! Iv seen the triangular one while I was out at a place called Reculver Beach in England when I was with my Girlfriend, it really scared her!

Iv also seen those formation ones in a dream, kind of freaky s__t!!

Good thread anyway! star and flagged...

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I can do this with LED'S on my plane for fun if you like.But why would I deceive you?

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
And to see the "birds" break formation, first watch at 49-50 seconds in. Then, at 54 seconds (this one is interesting because they do some sort of a staggered pull off while keeping speed, only to break into three distinct patterns flying in DIFFERENT directions! very cool)

Again at 1:18 in you see a single "bird" break rank of the largest formation. The odd thing about this one is that, if you watch closely, it breaks rank and speeds up to catch up with the middle formation. THEN it immediately moves back toward the largest formation. (all the while moving much more quickly than the other "birds", plus at the tail end I think I'm catching a glimpse of something moving in from behind at a VERY high rate of speed. Maybe that "bird" that broke off at 49 seconds)

And by the end of the video you have all three formations moving in a parallel direction, but they are no longer in any "V" formation at all. Nay, in a straight line.

Edit: Could in fact be birds. My mind isn't made up yet, but my argument isn't valid.

[edit on 19-12-2008 by Jay-in-AR]

IN MY OPINION THESE ARE NOT BIRDS, NOT NECESSARILY ALIEN BUT VERY ODD AND UNLIKE ANY MILITARY AIRCRAFT I HAVE SEEN AS OF YET. This could be advanced military aircraft attempting to keep a low profile..?? very interesting..

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyingfish
I fly RC aircraft look closely how it fly's it will pitch up stall then gain speed then almost stall again I have done it a hundred times with my flying wing..
Your busted..

That could indeed explain the fixed trianglular video but the plane would have to be very high in altitude to explain it as such through the NV scope.

At night can you fly your rc plane that high in the air while someone records it? I myself have crashed my helicopter 3 times in daylight 4 feet off of the ground. At night I doubt you could do it but it's within the relam of possibilities.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Well , I don't know what this V formation is , but it's not birds. I flew many years with NVG's on the Blackhawks, and never have I seen a flock of birds light up ever. So the bird theory is out. No, I don't think it's CGI, I very much dought it. This appears to be the real thing ( NVG's ) If you flown as much as I have with these NVG's you can tell the real from the fake. I have seen some fake stuff out there, but this appears to very genuine .

Why can’t I see this with a naked eye ? .
The objects that are seen with Nvg's are further away than what you would think. I amazed by these 3rd generation nvg’s

The problem with NVG’s is the depth perception. ( objects are Further away than what they appear. ) ie. be careful when doing a load drop. I made that mistake two times. I broke the axels on some expensive military equipment.

[edit on 19-12-2008 by SJE98]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyingfish
I can do this with LED'S on my plane for fun if you like.But why would I deceive you?

PLEASE, if you can do this let's see it. If it can be duplicated then I would say hoax...however, if you can't...we have to give the footage credibility, at least until proven false. Just an aside, it is rare but not impossible for migrating geese to be flying at night looking for a place to touch down...I've seen it up around Lubbock, Texas in the fall and winter...but it is very rare. City glare makes it had for them to land and they think pavement is water...that causes a lot of injuries to the birds.

That said the triangle is going to be tough to prove as a hoax unless you can duplicate the results exactly...it looks too good.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by interested-one

I could fly it at night and that far but I would probably lose the plane in the dark.It would be a cool video to fool most.
Sorry not me..

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by interested-one

"True they can cut the anti-collision lights but typically they do this when training and in areas that don't have civilian aircraft flying in the vicinity. "

You are correct. this is for training. Also flying the NAP , black. ( all lights out. NVG's only. ) AF sometimes get the clearance for high angel flights for total blackouts. But that formation is a very high altitude. I don’t know if the AF would go that angle, then again maybe.. looks like more than 55 to me. I would say 80 plus thousand feet.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oreyeon
Hey Zorgon. Not sure if anyone has pointed you in the right direction or not, but here are some more affordable pieces of equipment. This first one is digital Nightvision. I have one, and it's AWESOME. It sees in the Infrared spectrum much like a Camcorder with Nightshot, except WAY better. You can also get different lenses for it. They have a 9x zoom for it too.:

And then here you can find consumer priced Night Vision Scopes, Goggles, and Binoculars for under $1000. I got a Yukon NVG Monocular for $199 off of Amazon. You can also get attachments for these that let you hook them up to a camera or camcorder:

[edit on 19-12-2008 by Oreyeon]

Infra red sensitive ccd driven night vision (digital Nightvision) is useless without a powerful infra red illuminator. I happen to own multiple versions of this with close to 1 watt illuminators and they are great for ground viewing within the range of the illuminator only. Max usefullness in my opinion is 100 yards or less.

Your Yukon nvg for 199 dollars is a generation 1 Russian device. These work well with a powerful infrared illuminator up to maybe 100 yards. Don't look at the sky with it, it would be a waste of time.

You can buy true night vision devices (gen 2 or later) on ebay for less than 1000.00 dollars BUT there are many scammers so beware. Don't let that scare you, it never did me but it did make me study the technology and experiment.

This video was obviously taped with a video camera pressed to the lens of a gen 3 looks like a pinnacle 3 or newer tube with a minor defect in the display (black dot), this defect would have prevented the tube from being used in a mil/spec unit.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Addendum: if they are geese, they are looking for a place to land for the night. Look for circling and a decrease in altitude. During the day, where are near by bodies of water...if there be geese there...then there you go.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by interested-one

Originally posted by Oreyeon

Thanks both of you for the info

this defect would have prevented the tube from being used in a mil/spec unit.

Which would imply that somewhere you can buy mil/spec units with flaws... I can live with a flaw

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Spencer Tracy

People look at the vid again.
The lights are fixed on the plane,birds can't fix a formation like that.
Look again the plane pitches up then nearly stalls recovers then turns to the left.
Open your eyes......

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

Which video are you talking about?

The second video is most definately not a flock of birds.
However, I'm beginning to think that the third is exactly that.

After having another look at the FIRST video, I agree that they are also NOT birds.

Video 1 and 2) Triangular craft. Obviously with different outward light displays.
Video 3) Flock of migratory birds.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
The triangle video's are really good. But the other one I'm convinced are birds.

If they work in the infrared spectrum, then the reason the birds light up is because of their heat.

When I was in the military, I was a gunner on a M1A1. Our nighttime scopes work off infrared. I would often seen deer and other animals while looking through the scopes at night just based off the heat they give off. A deer from a distance for example looks like 4 sticks bouncing up and down. It was also very bright in the scope compared to the lower heat signatures of trees and things.

I had to learn how to identify vehicles based only on their heat signatures and such, so it isn't light reflecting that causes them to show up, but their body heat - which would resemble dots.

[edit on 19-12-2008 by badmedia]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

Why do answer your own question..

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Don't take this the wrong way, but that isn't correct.
NVG's work in the 3-5 micron spectrum. Or the short-wave infrared spectrum. They aren't detecting heat, they are bouncing light. Above that specific spectrum, you get into thermal imagery range... Where you can actually register heat differentials. electronics.howstuffworks.com...

Also, not to be rude, but your story falls flat. If you were observing a deer through a heat detecting device, it wouldn't appear as just four sticks (the legs) bouncing up and down. A deer's legs would be the only parts of its body that produced more heat than its horns (if it had antlers, that is). You would see the torso and head of the body above all else.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

I was asking you to clarify which video you are claiming you can reproduce.
I would like to see it.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join