It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Night Vision UFO's Clear footage

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
ok .. well, first off, NV magnifies light which is ALREADY present and is being shown by that object. As far as I know, and I've actually used the military version, even though i've been out of service for over a decade, that NV does not pick up reflected light. *and yes..you can correct me if you'd like*....

So, to say that these are geese flying over, I'd seriously doubt because the high intensity of the light being magnified OFF of the object themselves.

2nd, In the 3rd video, I see 1 illuminated object drop out of formation, almost completely. This isn't normal IMO and I'm NOT an expert on geese so spare the flames, but based upon the a documentary that I watched & I've seen enough geese formations to know and 1 goose will drop back but stay formation unless they are extremely sick.

Summary: I doubt these are flying birds of any kind based upon the above. Geese DO NOT illuminate light with this intensity.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Impreza

Hi, I found the website where I bought my telescope sell night vision devices. scopesnskies quite a good price too! im not sure what quality they would be though although I will purchase one soon and see what results I can get.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
One has a digital video output but I don't have
digital input on my video cam, only output.
Well my video cam is analog 8mm.
I have digital camera with video capability.
That means an attachment.

Getting vertical beams, when UFOs are in hover, are just as good:

UFOs sighted by Marines in Iraq
www.youtube.com...
@ 1:31 you see a double vertical spike

Soldiers film wierd lights over Iraqi night sky
www.youtube.com...
@1:26 the double vertical streaks

It may prove a basic mode of suspension.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by atsbeliever

Your excuse for this is flying PARROTSS??!!! Now the skeptics have sunk to a new low

Originally posted by Dreemer
Perhaps the goggles are picking up on the bird's markings that can only be viewed in the UV spectrum. They are quite bright and other birds can see them, perhaps the goggles can also.

Here's a budgie under UV

That still doesn't explain the rest of those UFO's - too fast, to random Too awesome.

Thanks zorgon.

no did you not read the previous posts? The third video looks very much like birds in flight formation you can see them individually changing position changing the formation the poster was saying that some birds have color features that are only apperent in certain light conditions. He clearly states after his photos that it does not explain the others..... please read before snide sniping

[edit on 20-12-2008 by constantwonder]

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Great find Z..
I'm still slogging my way through the thread and sorry if anyone has asked this, but did you or John have any reference points when filming the Vid to help determine the actual speed of these objects? especially in the second vid. IR video looks like the way to go with this stuff.
Gotta flag his on..

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by andolin
Great find Z..

Yeah it WAS a FIND

but did you or John have any reference points when filming the Vid to help determine the actual speed of these objects?

And as a find you would have to ask dede95064 at youtube as he was the one that filmed it... I understand from Internos that dede95064 is a member here but so far no show and I sent an invite at youtube

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
AH He is here and started a thread

video - for your consideration
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I was just wondering could this stealth fighter on the image below be the one on the second clip?

not saying that it is, but the shape is the same... and since it is a 'stealth' fighter it cannot be easily seen at night with naked eye

just my 2 cents...

cheers

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
WOWOWOW

Yawn. Just kidding.

Is there any way to 'rig up' some cheap night vision? Just for viewing pleasure... without all the fancy video recording.

You know, for a common man to do some night time bird watching.

While we're at it, sure would be nice to be able to build a small observatory for cheap! Yea that's it.... a portable observatory with optional NV..... I don't ask for much.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
In my opinion the utube user dede is producing fake night vision videos and we all using only time here.
i hope i am wrong.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
So, to say that these are geese flying over, I'd seriously doubt because the high intensity of the light being magnified OFF of the object themselves.

Research, dont doubt...

Here is the same guy, same camera, same place, filming white flying birds. You can even hear them in the background.

b.t.w. ALL LIGHT IS REFLECTED LIGHT.

[edit on 20-12-2008 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by commodore64
In my opinion the utube user dede is producing fake night vision videos and we all using only time here.
i hope i am wrong.

I left dede a note that Tesla craft are always possible to be seen in
night vision videos.

The one in this thread has what looks like a craft with engines on the
bottom, unless you think they are lights.

dede might have just light roaming around.

Hey that Jose photographer didn't do much with the night vision idea.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
infrared is heat

Not exactly.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
So?
THIS ISN'T A DAMN BIRD [30 seconds in]>>>>

img296.imageshack.us...

Look at the speed, its obviously a solid object of what kind we do not know, but its a cohesive mass moving at a high velocity. No FAA lights. Its not the F117 Stealth>>
en.wikipedia.org...
"On 11 March 2008 it was reported that the last F-117s in service would touch down on 22 April 2008 in Tonopah Test Range Airfield in Nevada, the site of the F-117's first flight."

Research. Don't doubt...

Originally posted by ALLis0NE

Originally posted by Komodo

Research, dont doubt...

Here is the same guy, same camera, same place, filming white flying birds. You can even hear them in the background.

b.t.w. ALL LIGHT IS REFLECTED LIGHT.

[edit on 20-12-2008 by ALLis0NE]

[edit on 20-12-2008 by atsbeliever]

[edit on 20-12-2008 by atsbeliever]

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I have the Pvs-7B Gen 3 Night Vision. I've spent countless nights watching the sky and I've seen exactly what was shown in these videos. The objects that are flying in somewhat of a formation are seagulls returning from Mono Lake in eastern California. The seagulls have to clear the Sierra Nevada mountains and that would put them over 10,000 feet. From there they loose altitude and head for the sea and would fly over the Fremont area. (I live in central CA, Turlock, CA) You can easily do some research and see that Mono Lake is where Seagulls go to lay their eggs, and also you can see on the map that Mono Lake is a direct line over Fremont towards the ocean.

The other videos show geese. They tend to fly at more of an organized formation.

Then the A shaped formation are Ducks. Ducks fly a very tight formation and are always fewer in number. Generally you will see just two or maybe up to five or so. The key is that ducks fly very fast and tight formation.

Now I have seen other very fast high flying objects that are not birds, satellites shooting stars or planes. As to what these other things are I have no clue. UFO's? I don't know.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by atsbeliever

Nobody said that what that video shows is a bird or birds, almost all people say that the third video probably shows birds, not the second video, the one that you are talking.

So, if people are talking about one video, please do not attack them for stating their opinion about one video because it goes against your opinion about what is seen in a different video, it only makes you look bad.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
First of all, great post Zorgon!

I spent some time flying formation on NVGs when I was still on active duty. Yes, we turned off bright lights to eliminate the blooming effect while on the NVGs. Also, we kept some lights on, but set to dim. One thing we tried to do however was avoid population centers. The lights from a city really cause problems.

That being said, the second video could be a military aircraft. The only kind of aircraft that I can think of that has a belly lighting system somewhat similar is a KC-135 Stratotanker. I pulled up some web sites that discussed a new NVG-compatible lighting system on KC-135 Stratotankers, but could not find an image to either confirm or deny if video 2 was just that. But then, tankers don't maneuver like that either... So like most of you, I am stumped.

I live in Illinois, we have geese flying overhead 365 days of the year. They are here in even greater numbers this time of year. The third video looks just like a large V-formation breaking up into subsets. They do that all the time. But, I will agree with other posters on this thread. I have never seen geese reflecting light (and therefore be visible on NVGs) like that before. Not saying it's not possible. I've just not seen it. If it were daylight, I would say in all certainty that video 3 was a flock of geese.

Bottom line, these NVG videos are intriguing. Personally, I think video 2 is the most compelling. I hope to see more.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoeBarna

That being said, the second video could be a military aircraft. The only kind of aircraft that I can think of that has a belly lighting system somewhat similar is a KC-135 Stratotanker. I pulled up some web sites that discussed a new NVG-compatible lighting system on KC-135 Stratotankers, but could not find an image to either confirm or deny if video 2 was just that. But then, tankers don't maneuver like that either... So like most of you, I am stumped.

I don't see any maneuvering. It looks like the lights are flying in a straight line overhead. The camera swings to follow as they pass overhead.

If I'm right about that, is it possible that this is not a single aircraft but a close formation? Keeping in mind that the 940th ARW is stationed 100 miles away.

An Air Force Reserve KC-135 Stratotanker with the 940th Air Refueling Wing prepares to take off for a routine training night mission at Beale Air Force Base, Calif. Feb. 13, 2007. The photo was taken with nightvision equipment.
www.940arw.afrc.af.mil...

It seems that a formation like this, seen from ground level would appear quite similar to the V formation seen in the video.

[edit on 12/20/2008 by Phage]

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Yes Phage. It could very well be a night time version of the picture you show. Especially if the fighters and the tanker are running NVG compatible lighting. The standard lighting on the belly of a tanker as I remember it is a line of lights (much like the centerline lights of a runway). They help aircraft determine proper position for the refuel. I couldn't see such a line on video 2.

Edited Note: Looking at the video again, I am beginning to doubt the possibility of it being a KC-135 with fighters on its wing. Wish I could have been there to get a better idea of the relative speeds, but when the video highlights a commercial aircraft at high altitude, it's traveling at a much slower speed than the other "object(s)." Since a KC-135 travels at speeds comparable to commercial aircraft, I would expect to see it going across the screen at the same relative speed (assuming the jet stream wasn't a factor--but again, I don't know). And to me, the "object(s)" appear to be at a much higher altitude than the commercial aircraft.

Maybe there are other pilots on this site with more current information to help us on the subject of KC-135/KC-10 or not.

Regardless, it's still a cool video.

[edit on 12/20/2008 by JoeBarna]

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I thought night vision = light amplification? Judging by how bright the objects are in the night vision shot (very close to the brightness of the planes), wouldn't the videographer have been able to see them/track them with the naked eye, albeit without definition? It's a light source! Now if he were shooting in infrared that would be another case all together.

With that said/questioned, you're right Zorgon, I like the shot of the triangle! I wonder if it has any connection to the weird "V' shaped purple glow that flew slowly and silently over my house here in Sacramento earlier this year?

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join