It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Night Vision UFO's Clear footage

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Is there a massive difference between gen 1 and gen 3 goggles / scopes (apart from cost!!
)....

Would you get results with a gen 1?

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Good videos! Might invest in a nightvision camera myself...

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
There is a difference but the real chase seems to be in clarity, for looking up in the night sky, the IR light is not used, you are looking for light sources, not reflected light off a surface. Hence the pixel size of your capture video is essential to consider. This means quality glass lens are required. From what I have read at Optics Planet in their forums on NV, the digital from Yukon and from Bushnell are about equal in cost, $3-400. They push the Bushnell as just as good when they are out of the Yukon but when they have it, i noticed in their forums that they say the Yukon is sharper and slightly brighter. Plus they say many times that it is equal to a Gen 2 and close to a Gen 3. Course this is their sales people, so you will have to look yourself. There are videos of people testing them both on you tube. With cost and the way you record from it with a cable, makes it the best and the minimum quality you would want from what I could tell. With a Gen 3 you will have a far brighter world around you but when you look up at the stars, you mainly need a sharp focus ability that can capture detail. This Yukon may not give the details I want but I wasn't going to send an arm and leg for something that may not be all that much better for this purpose. I have a Canon DS 2 with 16 million pixel count with a 300mm lens with stabilizer, ten grand, and even with that quality optic on the end, detail miles off in the sky may still be not at the level we all dream of. Hence the best NV scopes will not super seed the quality of Canon's top professional lens nor will they have nearly that level of zoom. This is why I think my Canon GL2 would be best in day light over my 1Ds for is has a 20x optical zoom. I'm thinking of setting up the NV in the yard and running a cable into my computer or cam and just let it record and view the tapes later on FF when I'm too busy to set outside for hours. The Yukon comes with external power supplies for your car or house and the Bushnell does not, one reason I went for it. Set your cam on long play since the video quality wouldn't be lost when brought in from a NV scope that is low quality anyway. Can't loose what you don't have so that means you could record the sky for up to 6 hours or so depending on your cam and more if it is piped into a computer with a video capture card. Over all, with the Digital NVs, you can use any video camera, old or new so it would be the cheapest and fastest way to get started with night vision UFO spotting. From what I have seen, I know the under 200 dollar models won't satisfy most situations, and I'm not sure you would be happy with any normal Gen. 1 NVs. You'd just have to see for yourself.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TravisT
Can I ask how they aren't visible to the naked eye? Are we just taking the word of whoever filmed these?

A good point.. Humans can only 'see' a small part of the Electromagnetic Spectrum.

Image Source

The electromagnetic (EM) spectrum is the range of all possible electromagnetic radiation frequencies.[1] The "electromagnetic spectrum" (usually just spectrum) of an object is the characteristic distribution of electromagnetic radiation from that particular object. The electromagnetic spectrum extends from below the frequencies used for modern radio (at the long-wavelength end) through gamma radiation (at the short-wavelength end), covering wavelengths from thousands of kilometres down to a fraction the size of an atom. It is thought that the short wavelength limit is in the vicinity of the Planck length, and the long wavelength limit is the size of the universe itself (see physical cosmology), although in principle the spectrum is infinite and continuous.

Source

Since 'UFO's come in all shapes of sizes, some the size of small probes to motherships several miles in size, it is logical to also assume they are powered by enormous amounts of energy. Energy being the key word.

It is therefore logical to also assume that these UFO's become 'invisible' to our limited perception of the Visble Light Spectrum when they engage or use their high energy power sources, hence the 'glowing' effects that is often reported when sighted. If we could 'see' using the different parts of the EM spectrum I am certain we would see more of these UFOs. Infra Red is one area we can see with our specially equipped camera's but the higher rangers of the EM spectrum is where I am sure we can see many more.

[edit on 21/12/2008 by Freelancer]

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Those are most definetly canadian geese in migration

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Pappie54

Thanks for the info....so you would look to stick the NV outside with no other camera/lens and just do direct capture. That sounds ideal - I would love to see how this works for you.

I was toying with the idea of attaching to the DSLR somehow or even placing in-line (somehow) on my Celestron GPS scope but I guess go for simple, wide FOV would be best.

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
This thread is fascinating. When I heard George Noory freaking out over what he saw though a set of NV goggles I thought this may be the logical way to advance the study. Up to now, I'd say it's clear they only want to be seen when they allow us and otherwise do a reasonably decent cloaking job. But lo and behold, it seems they aren't so efficient at covering up all the wavelengths.

There are lot of interested people using this website. I propose a fund raising Money-Bomb to raise funds to 'get serious' with this kind of kit:

www.nightvisionstore.com...

c'mon guys, a few of these strategically placed and on-duty 24/7 with decent realtime organisation would really upset whoever is flying these splendidly equipped machines.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Yes, that was what hit me, you want a side field of view instead of a telephoto length lens. It would be nice to zoom but we'll have to do that with digital zoom instead of lens which is a poor quality zoom. i was concerned the the DNVs are 5 times zoom and until I get mine, I cannot find out if you can use an optional x 2 lens in these. I also figure that 12 ft. will be about the maximum length video cord that could be used. That will work for my bedroom office is off the back yard where it is darkest. You can even monitor it on your TV while it runs if you wish. That all adds up to more hours of sky time study when you can run it while doing other stuff and do it after you go to bed and check it in the morning in fast speed.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
i think I should proof read before I hit post.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Strange how they would say that when I looked at the videos and found evidence of faery, yet the person who replied to me called it "Alien refraction cloaking" what nonsense.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

HEY Since you claim 'Naval' connections perhaps you could procure us a set for the study...

I mean that way you could make a real constructive addition to the thread

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thill
Just a quick Q thou , are those infrared or nightvision googles , cause to me they look like NV not IR.

Same thing. Humans can see part of the IR spectrum, but not all of it. Wearing IR goggles filters out other light frequencies, showing only the visible IR spectrum.

Night vision captures a lot of invisible IR spectrum. Usually, there is a IR switch on the unit, which projects a "flashlight" to illuminate near objects. It works the same as a torch, except you can't see the light because it it projected in the invisible spectrum. So, NV units naturally capture a lot of invisible IR light.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Another thing to consider is that normal NV elements have a 2500 hr. life span and the Digital doesn't have a life span rating, supposedly if you take care of it. it will last a lifetime. So if you wanted to set it up for long recording sessions, it wouldn't take such a chunk off the lifetime of the scope.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
[edit on 21-12-2008 by TallWhites]

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Pappie54

When you get the yukon NV in, let us know what the results are. I have been onto this NV-UFO for a little while now and before I drop $3k plus on gen3 scope, I would like to know your results with the digital NV from yukon.

Thanks,

Poppa D

p.s. Are you sure the yukon digital NV functions in the same way as gen3 as pertaining to detection of any light source ?

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I am sure it is not as good as a Gen 3 scope, but on a thread the admin at Optic planet said it can rival Gen 2 and some Gen 3. Now was he blowin the horn to sell the guy who was trying to choose, I don't know, but after 8 hours of reading and searching to understand, I was sold that it was the best for the price by a very long shot. As soon as I get it and it gets warm enough, I'll get some video and post it. Go to you tube and you can see some examples and look at the high def versions, you click just below the video window when it is available on some, all type of scopes are listed. I really like the fact that the DNVS are in gray tones and not green, plus it is square instead of round without the distortion all the non-digital NVs have. That curvature distortion really messes with my head, hate it.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Lets see here.. by your night vision analysis we can recognize 6 flying birds - which in no way shape or form can be differentiated from 6 scrambled american jets.

In fact, the formation in which they fly is the same as a pack of jets. Must be a similar evolution by the advanced civilization. Who needs light speed when they can cruise in their low riders.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I love it. While the us & other govts. are monitoring ufo activity up & down the electromagnetic spectrum, the conspiratists devolve an intelligent discussion into flocks of birds & NV choices to 'see those birds' (or whatever they can construe them to be).

I get a kick out of such analysis...Please, let's evade the truth, at whatever cost. You know what the end-results lead to, anyway.

That dang ufo that hovered outside my client's cliff-edge house when I spent the nite in the mts. of Colo. didn't realize it was in real danger of being reported on one of these ufo-aliens investigation sites! Luckily, all these brilliant people won't ever find out about them. Not to worry: They must have known they'd be taken for a flock of birds!

Remember, ufos do not exist, neither do any type of aliens, NV or real see, or not. But, hey...we're having fun!

Where's spielberg when we need him? I doubt he's worried about birds.

Let's get back to sb's (shadow beings)...something everyone can sink their teeth into.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Here are two cameras with two different settings filming the same spot in the sky at the exact same time - but more importantly, it is during the DAYTIME!!!

Infrared vs Regular

The debate is over.

[edit on 22-12-2008 by Dreemer]

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join