It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Prophesy: Olymics, WW3, Obama, China and more

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Actually God had forsaken us and jesus ask him if he could try to save the jews not the gentiles and when the jews rejected him as a false prophet he came to save the gentiles which is why the jews are still waiting for the yeshewa or the meshia. Not to impune on the saved jews which is happening more and more frequently by the way does this tell us that the 144000 of the chosen people(jews) is getting closer ?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by chimpy38
Actually God had forsaken us and jesus ask him if he could try to save the jews not the gentiles and when the jews rejected him as a false prophet he came to save the gentiles which is why the jews are still waiting for the yeshewa or the meshia. Not to impune on the saved jews which is happening more and more frequently by the way does this tell us that the 144000 of the chosen people(jews) is getting closer ?

Well, sorta close, God is omniscient, meaning what is happening, or did happen was His plan from day 1. And the Jews didn't accept Him because they were expecting Him to come as the King of Kings and Lord of Lord. The Pharisees lied to the Jews, they told them repeatedly that He was coming to rid the world of evil, to be their King, basically they were only telling the masses what Jesus would be like on His second coming. The Jews problem is that 95% of them were illiterate and couldn't verify for themselves, they could only rely on the Pharisees to tell them who the messiah was.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

u could get those answers from god, or u can ask the arch angel Raziel when u get to heaven. he is the keeper of god's secrets. oh i read the bible and found somethings that dont make sense.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by cormag

u could get those answers from god, or u can ask the arch angel Raziel when u get to heaven. he is the keeper of god's secrets. oh i read the bible and found somethings that dont make sense.

Ask my friend, I'll try my best to give you an answer.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   

adam and eve had 2 kids. which made only 4 humans on earth. but when kane killed his brother able there was 3 humans. but eve had another kid which brings it back to 4 humans. the bible says kain left and went to another town and married a women. so where did this town and women come from if their r only 4 humans on earth.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   

adam and eve had 2 kids. which made only 4 humans on earth. but when kane killed his brother able there was 3 humans. but eve had another kid which brings it back to 4 humans. the bible says kain left and went to another town and married a women. so where did this town and women come from if their r only 4 humans on earth.

I struggled with this as a new Christian too once. They when I learned about the history of Genesis it kinda began to make sense. Genesis from start to finish spans 2,000 years. Cain was afraid of people who would want to kill him for the murder of his brother. Other brothers, cousins, nephews, et cetra. Remember there were HUNDREDS of years of human reproduction. Adam and Eve had many sons and daughters. It was not forbidden for men to marry and father children with their siblings until God told Moses it was no longer good during the exodus from Egypt some 2,000 years later.

Our error, mine included was reading this story and trying to put it into a modern lifespan, before the flood men and women lived hundreds of years. before the flood there was no rain, the Earth was watered by a perpetual mist from the ground. The atmosphere was vastly different, and there was hardly any radiation damage from UV rays.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Here, just found this:

The Bible does not specifically say who Cain’s wife was. The only possible answer was that Cain's wife was his sister or niece or great-niece, etc. The Bible does not say how old Cain was when he killed Abel (Genesis 4:8). Since they were both farmers, they were likely both full-grown adults, possibly with families of their own. Adam and Eve had surely had more children than just Cain and Abel at the time Abel was killed - they definitely had many more children later (Genesis 5:4). The fact that Cain was scared for his own life after he killed Abel (Genesis 4:14) indicates that there were likely many other children and perhaps even grandchildren or great-grandchildren of Adam and Eve at that time. Cain's wife (Genesis 4:17) was a daughter or granddaughter of Adam and Eve.

www.gotquestions.org...

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
So Genesis was on a different time line than the rest of the bible ? I don't quiet understand and when did the time line change? And actually the KJV of the bible says that Cain went to other "tribes" and went on to for the canninites.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
There have been many "anti" christs. Anyone who advocates hate and suffering of either him/herself or others is an anti-christ.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by chimpy38
So Genesis was on a different time line than the rest of the bible ? I don't quiet understand and when did the time line change? And actually the KJV of the bible says that Cain went to other "tribes" and went on to for the canninites.

Genesis was written by Moses. Some 2,000 years after the creation of the world. It covered that time up till Moses wrote it. Basically, u can call the Book of Moses the world's first "history book".

Yes there were other tribes, today when kids leave home sometimes they move across the country. I did after high school, i joined the Air Force and went to Phoenix AZ. Look at it this way, how many people do you think there could have been after hundreds and hundreds of years of human reproduction?

There might very well have been 1 million people on the Earth when Cain killed Able.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by depth om
There have been many "anti" christs. Anyone who advocates hate and suffering of either him/herself or others is an anti-christ.
You are correct, anyone working against Jesus has the "spirit of the antichrist", and there have been many antichrists. But the one to come during the 7 year Tribulation is called "THE" antichrist. This particular one will be possessed by Satan 3 1/2 years into the Great Tribulation.

There are/were many "antichrists", there is/will be only one "THE antichrist".

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

i have a theory. god isnt really and some dude made him up. i think god was created to show that the love in human hearts is the only way to save this world and to bring peace to it. only we humans can save this planet. not an imaginary friend called god.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

i have a theory. god isnt really and some dude made him up. i think god was created to show that the love in human hearts is the only way to save this world and to bring peace to it. only we humans can save this planet. not an imaginary friend called god.

Well, you are wrong.

Imagine this: You have a time machine, and you travel back in time and ask 1 person in 5 different centuries to write a book describing "God". So then you go back in time and collect all 5 of their different ideas about God. And viola!! All 5 match perfectly with eachother.

Would that be a miracle to you? A miracle that these 5 men in 5 different centuries, who never met eachother happen to write their "books" which attest to an exact same God, and flow with perfect harmony?? Next to impossible right?

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Well, heres the facts. The Holy Bible had 66 writers spanning over 1,500 years where many of these authors never met the other. Yet the Bible has perfect harmony.

That's beyond the realm of impossible, that could have only happened if God Himself revealed Himself to those authors when they sat down to write.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   

the bible was edited many times threw out history. only the khron is the same. no changes wat so ever. maybe 1 day u will come to realize wat i already no.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by For(Home)Country

The reason it has slipped your mind is because the Bible does not teach of a rapture of the type that is widely taught by Christians. Revelation does refer to a group that is taken into heaven at the time of the tribulation and given powers then returned to earth to fight the anti-christ. This is not what is taught. The Christian rapture is a fairy tale a lie.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   

the bible was edited many times threw out history. only the khron is the same. no changes wat so ever. maybe 1 day u will come to realize wat i already no.

Do you mean the Koran? I think it has been tampered with many times as you will find, many others added to it, one inspired by Muhammad the other half by the people who put it together and the followers who added extra parts later. They put the verses in the order length first, meaning it does not mean it was the order in which Muhammad wrote things as there was no order sytem. The book form publication of the Koran came into play over 100years when it was made. The Bible has many other back ups from other surrounding empires and peoples that you can take each quote from other sources and produce a Bible from it, evidence of not being tampered with and on top of that the Dead Sea scolls as further evidence let alone more stuff.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
To you who will be "Left Behind". Understand what the "strong delusion" is that Revelation speaks about. Project Blue Beam.

Here

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
This is an amazing thread. I feel like I've slipped back in time to the dark ages. A time before the enlightenment and logical reason. A time of angels and devils, gods and demons! Surely we’ve moved on? This is the twentieth-first century! I cant understand how any rational person can even begin to believe all this?!

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by For(Home)Country

The reason it has slipped your mind is because the Bible does not teach of a rapture of the type that is widely taught by Christians. Revelation does refer to a group that is taken into heaven at the time of the tribulation and given powers then returned to earth to fight the anti-christ. This is not what is taught. The Christian rapture is a fairy tale a lie.

That isn't true, Thesselonians speaks of the Rapture too, Jesus talks about it in the Parable of the 10 virgins. One needs to understand the Jewish wedding ceremony to understand the rapture. Remember 1 thing, the word "rapture" isn't in the Bible, but "harpazo" is, that is the Greek word for "snatching away by force", or literally "to grab/snatch someone out of dangers way by their hair". Paul tells us in Thesselonians that those alive at the "last trump" will be caught together in the clouds with those already dead in Christ. And MANY prophecy teachers claim this rapture will be at the last trumpet in Revelation that John speaks of. 1 tiny problem with that thinking, Paul said this 25 years before John's vision. What Paul was saying is the Rapture would happen at the last trumpet blast of the feast of trumpets, that last blast was the loudest and the longest, it was a Jewish idiom that his listeners in attendance would have easily known.

Much of our understanding of these things is because we are an English-speaking audience, not Jewish.

Perry Stone is probably the world's foremost Prophecy teacher, his insights into Jewish culture and tradition are unparalleled.

Check out a few of these short youtube videos: All these links are the first video of 3 for the subject.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join