It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Prophesy: Olymics, WW3, Obama, China and more

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by cormag
reply to post by Jstykz31

the bible said he would be thrown into a lake of fire and will not die. the bilbe says nothing about wat happens after he is freed from the lake. i find this to be a little wierd. i dont no about the greeks, but the japanese can regain their mojo easily. look at their technology.they already have a mech(robot u can fight with in battles). imagine if they focus only on weapons a little more.

The antichrist will be thrown there at the end of the Tribulation, as well as the false prophet. Satan is an immortal being, at the end of the Tribulation he will be cast into the abyss, but will be loosed at the end of Jesus's 1,000 year reign on Earth to gather the armies 1 last time. At THAT point he will be forever cast into the lake of fire. The time period he'll have to wait to be cast there after the human antichrist and his false prophet will be 1,000 years after them.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I for one would greatly appreciate it. Like I said it has been awhile since I actually read the bible. I do believe that all this that you say will happen.

Do you have any understanding what role America plays in these prophecies?

Appreciate you sharing your insight.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
I for one would greatly appreciate it. Like I said it has been awhile since I actually read the bible. I do believe that all this that you say will happen.

Do you have any understanding what role America plays in these prophecies?

Appreciate you sharing your insight.

Sure my friend, be more specific on what you want linked/sourced and I'll be more than happy to oblige.

Yes, America is in there. It says ALL countries will turn against Israel, America included. It also calls us "Babylon the Great" and that "she" will be smoldering ruins in 1 hour and the world will weep for her because she was so great. That's more towards the end of the Tribulation period though, during the first part we'll have a MASSIVE economic collapse to usher in the NWO, there will be terrible civil unrest, martial law, gas and food will be very scarce. It says a man will work the entire day for just enough food for him alone to eat once. meaning a days wages for 1/2 cup of wheat. meaning great famine and the dollar will be worthless.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Give me some sources as to the tribulation period. I always wondered if we were Babylon the Great. I remember once seeing a program where Babylon the great was supposedly Iraq because they were going to rebuild something ( can't recall name). Supposedly Saddam was already rebuilding it. Will try to look up name.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Okay, Jesus explains the rapture and who will be taken and who will be "Left Behind".

It's the "Parable of the ten virgins" and it goes like this:

Matthew 25

25:1 "Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins
who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.

25:2 Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish.

25:3 Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them,

25:4 but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.

25:5 But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept.

25:6 And at midnight a cry was heard:
'Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!'

25:7 Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps.

25:8 And the foolish said to the wise,
'Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.'

25:9 But the wise answered, saying,
'No, lest there should not be enough for us and you;
but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.'

25:10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came,
And those who were ready went in with him to the wedding;
and the door was shut.

25:11 Afterward the other virgins came also, saying,
'Lord, Lord, open to us!'

25:12 But he answered and said,
'Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.'

25:13 Watch therefore,
for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming.

LAMPS refer to: The spirit of a person, see Proverbs 20:27

Bridegroom refers to Jesus Christ in numerous places and the "church" is always likened to the "bride of Christ".

oil refers to service to Christ, the ones in the parable with the oil are the Christians who are serving God, the ones who have repented of their worldly ways, the Christians who are ready and eagerly awaiting the rapture. the ones without the oil are still "Christians", yet they haven't decided to serve Christ, they are still not ready for his return.

"At midnight a cry was heard" refers to when Jesus Christ comes to the heavens and calls first those who have already dies in Christ to meet him in the air, and then those on Earth who "have the oil" and are ready will them be caught up with them in the clouds. These Christians will go to heaven to have the "marriage supper of the lamb" during the 7 year Tribulation on Earth.

Let me add that it is IMPERATIVE to understand the ancient Jewish wedding tradition to also understand or see the parallels between it and the rapture of the church. Here:

"for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming." MANY prophecy scholars read this and think that Jesus's comming for the rapture will be a time that NO ONE knows about. But while that is technically true, this actually refers to the Feast of "Rosh Hashanah" or the "Day of Concealment. And why does not man "know the day or hour" of this feast? Because in Jewish society it doesn't fall on a calendar day, but it take two witnesses after midnight to see the first crack of the new moon. These two witnesses then reported to the priest and then had arrived. No one knew the day or hour of this feast beginning because it depended ON THE MOON. When Jesus used this Jewish terminology, those in the audience knew EXACTLY what he was saying. He was saying the rapture was going to happen on Rosh Hashanah.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by NOTurTypical]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Give me some sources as to the tribulation period. I always wondered if we were Babylon the Great. I remember once seeing a program where Babylon the great was supposedly Iraq because they were going to rebuild something ( can't recall name). Supposedly Saddam was already rebuilding it. Will try to look up name.
That's extremely difficult to do, you see scripture is 2/3 prophecy, MANY things that happened in the past also foreshadow the end.

Most people do not realize this, but after God and Jesus Christ, the antichrist is the 3rd most discussed person in the Bible. Tribulation prophecy is in every book of scripture, so it would be better for you to ask me about an event, or Idea, then I can tell you about such.

make sense?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   

what does the ten horn symbolize? I believe it is ten.
Remember reading about something coming out of water with some horns.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   

what does the ten horn symbolize? I believe it is ten.
Remember reading about something coming out of water with some horns.
The beast will come out with the authority of 10 kingdoms.

If you look at world map's the Illuminati or NWO have, they will separate the globe into 10 regions.

Here

It simply designates that the future NWO the antichrist will control will be comprised of 10 world regions.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   

that makes no sense. y does christ need to gather a army. God can just make an army for him without even trying. also lucifer can be killed. nothing is forever. God can end him anytime he wants. but he wont. he just wants to teach him a lesson. plus when lucifer is released, god will seal him away. but wat happens after this last fight

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Thank you, that actually made a lot of sense. But what exactly is "the will of God" Is trying to a good person enough or should i be striving for more?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   

that makes no sense. y does christ need to gather a army. God can just make an army for him without even trying. also lucifer can be killed. nothing is forever. God can end him anytime he wants. but he wont. he just wants to teach him a lesson. plus when lucifer is released, god will seal him away. but wat happens after this last fight

No, no, Satan will try to gather the armies again. In fact the Bible says the last war Jesus will destroy then with His VOICE alone.

And your kinda wrong, "Lucifer" died before Eve ate the apple, He is Satan now. Lucifer was who he once was called before he rebelled against God.

After this last fight the new heavens and the new Earth will be formed and life will continue forever like it was originally planned. God will do away with the heavens.

Revelation chapters 21-22 give us a detailed picture of the New Heavens and the New Earth. After the end times, the current Heavens and Earth will be done away with and replaced by the New Heavens and New Earth. The eternal dwelling place of believers will be the New Earth. The New Earth is the “Heaven” on which we will spend eternity. It is the New Earth on which the New Jerusalem, the heavenly city, will reside. It is on the New Earth were the pearly gates and streets of gold will be.

www.gotquestions.org...

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jstykz31

Thank you, that actually made a lot of sense. But what exactly is "the will of God" Is trying to a good person enough or should i be striving for more?
Oh absolutely more, God considers "our" good works "filthy rags".

1. You must admit to God you are a sinner.
2. You must accept Jesus Christ's death on the cross and shed blood as payment for your sins that you yourself owe. = death.
3. You must then repent, or turn from your old sinful lifestyle.

Now, God knows it is impossible for you to overnight become as righteous as the preacher, but what he asks you to do, or what you should pray, is for god to show you through the Holy Spirit where you have fallen short, if you understand where you trip up, seek forgiveness for that transgression and turn from it.

basically, if you want to follow Christ, (take up your cross and follow Me), then read the gospels, the red letter verses of matthew, mark, luke, and john. Although, start first with John, it's simple, turn from the ways of the world (Satan's ways), and follow Jesus Christ.

It's not hard, when you begin to focus on the Kingdom of heaven and not the world then you won't miss these things, or you'll begin to understand that the pleasures of this world are sweet at first to the taste, but in the end they lead to spiritual death.

Jesus says his burden is easy. It's not "just enough" to admit there is a God, the demons know there is a God and they tremble, it's not enough to simply admit the Jesus is Lord. Satan admits Jesus is Lord too. What will prove you are a son of God is whom you serve. And Jesus states this too:

Matthiew 7:21 - "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, and cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name? And then will I declare to them, I never knew you, depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness"."

Also Jesus says: "Why do you call me ‘LORD, LORD,’ and not do the things which I say?”

Doing God's will.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   

i thought the first three were givens for actually considering yourself a christian, but thanks for the rest and the link.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   

The will of God is to enter into the Kingdom that He established along with His son.
Believing in Jesus is believing in the One who sent him.
Accepting the Holy Spirit, as you become converted, will allow for your following God's will on a daily basis.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

i thought the first three were givens for actually considering yourself a christian, but thanks for the rest and the link.

Yes, but sadly 80% of those people professing to be "Christians" only go the first 2 steps.

It's sad, Christians who bash "Lordship Salvation" claim it's a stupid idea, that if it were true then "only very few people will be saved".

That's odd, that is precisely what Jesus said himself:

Matthew 7:13,14: "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate, and narrow is the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."

I guess they want us to believe Jesus was lying when he said that.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by For(Home)Country

The First Seal (Revelation 6:1-2), likely the coming of the antichrist.
The Beasts and Mark of the Beast (Revelation chapter 13), the antichrist enforces loyalty.
The 144,000 (Revelation chapter 7), evangelists sent out into the world.
The Second Seal (Revelation 6:3-4), warfare.
The Third Seal (Revelation 6:5-6), famine.
The Fourth Seal (Revelation 6:7-8), plague.
The Fifth Seal (Revelation 6:9-11), the martyred saints asking God for revenge.
The Sixth Seal (Revelation 6:12-17), a powerful earthquake.
The Seventh Seal (Revelation 8:1-5), the beginning of the Seven Trumpets.
The Two Witnesses (Revelation 11:1-12), two powerful adversaries to the antichrist.
The First Trumpet (Revelation 8:7), a third of the earth is burned.
The Second Trumpet (Revelation 8:8-9), a third of sea life is destroyed.
The Third Trumpet (Revelation 8:10-11), a third of the water is poisoned.
The Fourth Trumpet (Revelation 8:12-13), darkness on the earth.
The Fifth Trumpet (Revelation 9:1-12), attack of demonic locusts.
The Sixth Trumpet (Revelation 9:13-21), attack of demonic armies.
The Seventh Trumpet (Revelation 11:15-19), the beginning of the Seven Bowls.
The First Bowl (Revelation 16:1-2), painful sores.
The Second Bowl (Revelation 16:3), the seas turned into blood.
The Third Bowl (Revelation 16:4-7), the rivers turned into blood.
The Fourth Bowl (Revelation 16:8-9), scorching heat.
The Fifth Bowl (Revelation 16:10-11), darkness and pain.
The Sixth Bowl (Revelation 16:12-16), preparation for Armageddon war.
The Seventh Bowl (Revelation 16:17-21), huge earthquake and hailstones.
The destruction of Babylon (Revelation chapters 17-18), one-world system comes to an end.
The Second Coming of Christ (Revelation 19:1-16).
The Battle of Armageddon (Revelation 19:17-20).
The 1000 year millennial reign of Christ (Revelation 20:1-6).
The last great rebellion at the end of the 1000 years (Revelation 20:7-10).
The Great White Throne Judgment (Revelation 20:11-15).
The New Heavens and New Earth (Revelation chapters 21-22). Again, it is difficult to place all the events in

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   

lucifer didnt die he changed his name because lucifer means bearer of light. and jesus cant beat satan alone.the first war they had to jump him. it took 3 arch angles and the son of god. (gabirel,micheal,simon and jesus) gabirel alone can hold his own against satan. i'm sorry, but jesus is a punk compared 2 him. i say let God take care of satan.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

lucifer didnt die he changed his name because lucifer means bearer of light. and jesus cant beat satan alone.the first war they had to jump him. it took 3 arch angles and the son of god. (gabirel,micheal,simon and jesus) gabirel alone can hold his own against satan. i'm sorry, but jesus is a punk compared 2 him. i say let God take care of satan.

My friend, Jesus is God, "I am the Alpha and Omega", "The father and I are one."

I didn't imply that Lucifer "died" as in a mortal death, I mean that he was no longer the angel of Light, no longer allowed to have the title anymore, no longer able to have his God-given authority and title anymore. He was given Earth to rule for a short time, he was then called Satan.

basically God did this: "Okay Satan, you want to be Me? You want worship? You want to have My throne? Okay, you can have kingship over Earth for a short time, lead men to you anyway you desire. But know your time is limited, you will spend eternity with those who choose you, you will be forever cast into the lake of fire along with your followers."

So God created us with a choice, and He sent His Son to die to redeem us. It's our choice whom we will serve, whom we will spend eternity with. But know one thing, on judgement day, every knee will bow to God, every tongue will confess He is Lord of Lord, and EVERY soul will know that Satan was the deceiver, the father of lies. And all men will weep at their decision.

No condemned soul will have an excuse, the atheist won't have an excuse, the Earth itself screams out that it had an intelligent designer, man created evolution to try and deny to himself that there is no God, therefore his conscience could be "clean" to do whatever he wanted. God loves us sooo much that He will give us what we desire in our hearts.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

jesus is NOT GOD. u christians get that part confused. God said i'm the alpha and omega, not jesus. if jesus was god that means he prayed to himself everytime he need guidance and protection.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

jesus is NOT GOD. u christians get that part confused. God said i'm the alpha and omega, not jesus. if jesus was god that means he prayed to himself everytime he need guidance and protection.
Jesus is God, when he was on Earth he was a man, human mother, God as father.

God is actually 3 parts comprised into 1. The "trinity", God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit.

Jesus: "I and the Father are One"

Jesus: "I am the Alpha (First) and the Omega (last)."

I don't exactly understand it myself, but I also admit there are numerous things about God I can't comprehend. He can explain it to me in detail when I am with Him I suppose.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join