It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Has The Most Evidence Aliens or God?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I'm surprised no one has brought up Stigmata as being evidence for God, or atleast Jesus. Has anyone witnessed such an event?

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheHunted
I'm surprised no one has brought up Stigmata as being evidence for God, or atleast Jesus. Has anyone witnessed such an event?

Why would that necessarily be any kind of evidence of anything? Just because of the vague similarity between that phenomenon and a story?

It's funny, because most people who show a Stigmata generally have it in the center of the palms of their hands. Curiously, though, the image on the Shroud of Turin shows apparent crucifixion wounds on the wrists, where most experts agree would probably be the most likely way a person would be crucified, to avoid having the flesh tear and the person fall off.

So which are we going with here? Which is the real evidence of supernatural forces associated with God or Jesus or whatever? Wounds on the palms, or the wrists?

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TheHunted

I'd vote for door number 3:

HUMAN STUPIDITY!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by NorthWolfe CND

Human stupidity it is then!

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

I wasn't there for the supposed crucifixion, but atleast I have a 50/50 chance of getting it right. I would say wrists would be the more logical guess.

From what I have researched the church teaches that stigmata is real. If the church says it then it must be true. So that's why I would use that as proof.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   

You asked me a specific question....I answered with a specific, objective(unanswerable by critics) response...and you...reply...by talking about "chemical imbalance"/feelings...

Mr brother, are you avoiding Him? Or atleast me? or my response...?

That's OK, I did that too...for a while...

Appreciate your service to our country though...

OT
Phil 1:3

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
My prior post...is not to win an argument...or appear to 'win' this discussion...IT IS TO ASSIST YOU IN PROPER THINKING...

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

Hey Old Thinker

Apologize for not answering your questions. I'm trying to do this on my Pocket PC while at work. Were you referring to the stigmata reply?

No not trying to avoid him, actually I used to very involved in the Parish Community. I'm just trying to gather evidence for both E.T and God. Thanks so much for your knowledge. Ill be sure to answer each and every reply when I get home. You are welcome for the service.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
THX, FINGERS AND THUMBS ON THAT BLACKBERRY, I KNOW...

NO HURRY...GET HOME/BASE, BE SAFE...

I DID RESPOND TO YOUR QUESTION .... EARLIER, REGARDING THE 66 BOOKS IN THE BIBLE...STEVEN KING AND ALL...

ISN'T THIS ATS SPECIAL, WHERE WE CAN DO THIS?? IT'S CREATORS ARE AWESOME!

YOU ARE IN MY PRAYERS SOLDIER!!!!

AND OTHERS, TOO!!!!

OT

PS: HE IS NO FOOL WHO GIVES UP WHAT HE CAN'T KEEP....TO GAIN WHAT HE CANNOT LOSE!!! JELLIOTT!!!!!!

PSS: ALL GOOD AND PERFECT GIFTS COME FROM ABOVE!!!!!

PSSS: (if there's such a thing?
PROPS TO DR. ANTHONY COMPOLO'S 'IT'S FRIDAY, BUT SUNDAY'S COMING!' (google it, skeptic)

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Then He said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.”

And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”

Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

~ John 20:27-29

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   

i was born and raised in the south. though i am not religous. it was the music that I always liked about the church. not the ideas. though my ma is devout.
my point is that there never has been any evidence for a big guy in the sky. and disclosure project points to some credentials which make a large splash in the water.
evidence for extraterrestrials: 1 god:0

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Perhaps a better question would be...who has done a better job of not revealing themselves?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
we will never know as if we come back time and time again we clearly don't remember an "afterlife"

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Evolved from WHAT?? Nothing comes from nothing. By definition, evolution requires a beginning state. There NEEDS to be something that is immutable in all of cosmic history.. That precedes and supercedes any creationary or evolutionary activity.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I dont believe that the universe came to be as it is just by a big bang nor do i believe that Earth just happened to be as the exact spot for life to grow on it just like that. God put us here and everything else in this universe. If you want to believe that or not, thats your own choice, everyone has the right to believe in what they like.

The universe is a massive place, alien life is defiantly else where, and they were put their just like how we ended up here on earth. we are humans and to them we are aliens.

If you want to think about the universe, it might have a boundary somewhere. If so, whats beyond that boundary? and what comes after whatever is there after that? Mind boggling questions really. And thats where i believe a higher power is involved!

Thats what i believe!

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I find it interesting that "God" appeared to a relatively small, select group of people when there were other cultures, Chinese, etc., that did not hear about him for quite some time. I wonder why?
Religion is a method of crowd control. It is the ultimate group behavior modification method. There are some universal policies to live by..."do unto others..., there are also many other lifestyle rules, etc. that no longer work, except in some closed groups/societies that use them to strictly control their population.

There is no concrete evidence of aliens at this point in time.
There is no concrete evidence, other than belief, of G/god, though one can make a decent case using bibles, etc. but remember they were written by man and man is certainly flawed.
The most evidence has to lean towards G/god in my opinion but that is perhaps because of my Roman Catholic upbringing.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by aLinkToThePast

I disagree, it was not necessary for human development. It made bigger reasoning simplistic for things humans did not bother to discover or try to understand, now that we are passed that we can move on.

religion should never have existed, because the " BAD" outweighs the good?

I'm not saying it never should have existed, simply it was a force that slowed us down, and continues to.

As for your feminist talk, I was giving you an example of many religions I've studied who go after someone more fiercely merely because of their gender, this was a reality. If you think me telling you a reality of the past is me being a feminist then so be it.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Good question.
I think the late,great George carlin puts it quite well:

video.google.co.uk...=christians%20versus%20ufo%20george%20carlin

Cheers Karl

[edit on 01/24/07 by karl 12]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I have read Zechraria Stichin and I have to believe his story. I do believe in God as there deffinately was a Creator and to me it's God. I just don't believe all the BS in the Bible. Over 200 changes, by the same evil people that run our world. Credo Mutwa is a very very good source on this. Please read

Yes, there are much more evidence of aliens.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
God is man-made.
Aliens are a none proven entity.

So, neither.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join