It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine hit 300 miles into Russia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: KrustyKrab
a reply to: Kurokage

Trust me, he has everything he needs to finish this war. Everything else is just dollars and cents. It will end when he says it will end.

He said his 'special little operation' would be over quick, hows that going?
Trust me, other than threatening everyone with nukes he doesn't have everything he needs.
I've read reports that upto 90% of all of Russias army have been sent to Ukraine and its boarder, it won't be long before he has no one left to drive his World War 2 era tanks and sunken ships.

edit on 19-9-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
a reply to: UKTruth

The luntics here are the people saying why are we trying to fight a dictator trying to invade free European sovereign countries?Certain Geman People tried that before back in the 30s, how did that go?

So you think Ukraine should just capitulate and let mad vlad just roll in? Then how far do we allow him to expand, till he's taken back all the countries that escaped from under the soviet boot? Then what? Should we allow all of Eastern Europe to be engulfed in War?

You didn't answer the question.

How far do you think we should push this and what outcome do you think can be achieved?

As to what I think I should happen - it's very simple.
The peace deal that was on the table and already agreed to by both Zelensky and Putin should be signed.
Russia keeps Crimea and withdraws from the Donbass, but the Donbass region is allowed to independently govern themselves.

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lazy88

Like I said, he could finish this in a matter of minutes. His cool toys are still parked in the garage. Ukraine has no cool toys to play with. It’s a unwinnable war, plain n simple.

How many times did the USSR crush Afghanistan? How many times did the USA crush Vietnam?
Ask Japan about being crushed to end a war.

We were never at “war” with the Vietnamese it was a police action, same as Afghanistan. I think the main point people are missing is that they/TPTB don’t want these wars to end or they’d already be finished. Putin can wipe Ukraine off the map if he wanted to.

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Trust me, he has everything he needs to finish this war. Everything else is just dollars and cents. It will end when he says it will end.

That’s why he is going on to spend 500 million a day to fight the war? Putin just likes bleeding money? Men and equipment?

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 05:47 AM
link   

What are you not getting? He has everything he needs to end this war, period. He could end it today. Not sure why you’re having difficulties understanding that. You keep using the verbiage “other than” which doesn’t really apply if he doesn’t want it to, make sense?

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Where all their allies were defeated? Had no real resources? Where the USA and other countries were sending men and equipment as canon fodder to take out entrenched Japanese soldiers. And it still took dropping nuclear bombs killing women and children. Is that how Putin’s going to win this war?

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 05:50 AM
link   

He has everything he needs to end this war, period.

More like really kick off WW 3. Or just get the world to turn on him.

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 05:52 AM
link   

He could end it today.

Please explain how.

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Zelensky and Ukraine didn't agree to that deal.

Putin should withdraw back to the agreed boarders when Ukraine became independent aafter the fall of the Soviet Union, and a UN force should be sent, voting should be held for previously occupied lands and if voted for some form of independent devolution agreed.
Putin should be Hung to do the world a favour.

As for how far do 'we' push this? How far did we Brits' push in previous wars forced upon us by despot dictators?

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 05:54 AM
link   

That’s why he is going on to spend 500 million a day to fight the war? Putin just likes bleeding money? Men and equipment?
That’s why he should nuke them and be done with it, enough already. Zelenskyy is a idiot for not giving up already, he knows he can’t defeat Russia, but think of the billions he’s receiving.
Money and life’s mean nothing to these people and I’m talking both sides. So why not just end it? Think about it. $$$

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Where all their allies were defeated? Had no real resources? Where the USA and other countries were sending men and equipment as canon fodder to take out entrenched Japanese soldiers. And it still took dropping nuclear bombs killing women and children. Is that how Putin’s going to win this war?

Putin has stated that Russia will not lose this war and that he is aware that Russia's conventional military can not compare to NATO. He has said if necessary there will be a a nuclear response. So there is no winning against Russia and no way for Russia to win either. Everyone loses. You die, I die, everyone dies.
Get it?

The risk absolute lunatics are taking is that Putin won't do it.
That's some risk to take by anyone spouting their bluster - especially considering it's not just them taking the risk, but everyone.
The bottom line is this.
We pissed Russia off by overthrowing the Ukrainian govt and Putin invaded Crimea as a result and took it.
It's Russian now and there is nothing anyone can do about it because we pissed off the biggest nuclear power in the world.

We further escalated it and Putin invaded the Donbass region.
There is a chance he will withdraw from there is a peace deal can be struck - which should be everyone's focus.

Anyone spouting bravado about escalating even further is a maniac.

edit on 19/9/2024 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 05:56 AM
link   

That’s why he should nuke them and be done with it, enough already.

To kick off WW 3. Got it.

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 05:57 AM
link   

What are you not getting? He has everything he needs to end this war, period. He could end it today. Not sure why you’re having difficulties understanding that. You keep using the verbiage “other than” which doesn’t really apply if he doesn’t want it to, make sense?

It appears it's you who not 'getting it' my friend? Putin has nothing that can take away the Ukrainian will to fight for their freedom.

Yes, Putin could end it today by withdrawing his forces. How do you think he could end it'?
Even China have said they won't back him if he uses nukes, so he has nothing other than saber rattling.

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

Zelensky and Ukraine didn't agree to that deal.

Putin should withdraw back to the agreed boarders when Ukraine became independent aafter the fall of the Soviet Union, and a UN force should be sent, voting should be held for previously occupied lands and if voted for some form of independent devolution agreed.
Putin should be Hung to do the world a favour.

As for how far do 'we' push this? How far did we Brits' push in previous wars forced upon us by despot dictators?

The Ukrainian news outlet Ukrayinska Pravda reported Thursday that British Prime Minister Boris Johnson used his surprise visit to Kyiv last month to pressure President Volodymyr Zelenskyy to cut off peace negotiations with Russia, even after the two sides appeared to have made tenuous progress toward a settlement to end the war.

In the weeks ahead of Johnson's April 9 visit, high-level diplomatic talks held in Belarus and Turkey had failed to yield a diplomatic breakthrough, though reports in mid-March indicated that Russian and Ukrainian delegations "made significant progress" toward a 15-point peace deal that would involve Ukraine renouncing its NATO ambitions in exchange for the withdrawal of Moscow's troops.

You need to get over the fact that Crimea is now part of Russia - and the Crimean people are fine with that. Most of them are Russians.
A peace deal might be able to get Putin to leave the Donbas however, which is where the focus should now be.

Again, though, you failed to actually answer the question which leads me to believe you have no insights or plan and are simply shilling for more death and destruction in some misguided bravado about 'we British'.

Maybe try again.

What is your plan - what are you proposing we do militarily?
How do you propose we achieve this pull back from Putin and a NATO led election in the Donbas and Crimea?
Do you have any idea what you are even talking about beyond 'hang Putin'.

edit on 19/9/2024 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 06:03 AM
link   

The risk absolute lunatics are taking is that Putin won't do it.

The " money men " of Russia will have Putin taken out before he has a chance to press the button.

They have far to much to loose, which they would never want to happen. You can bet on it.
edit on 19-9-2024 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I would prefer we didn't bet on it.

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 06:06 AM
link   

His cool toys are still parked in the garage.

So? This was referring to nukes then?

You posted this?

I don’t think your post “His cool toys are still parked in the garage” was referring to nukes? But now you’re saying that nukes are the only card Putin has left?

edit on 19-9-2024 by Lazy88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 06:11 AM
link   

His cool toys are still parked in the garage.

So? This was referring to nukes then?

You posted this?

I don’t think your post “His cool toys are still parked in the garage” was referring to nukes? But now you’re saying that nukes are the only card Putin has left?

Well duh.
It's a pretty big card.

Keep in mind Russia has also taken Crimea and that is never changing.
He also holds other areas of Ukraine, so he has that card too to negotiate with.

As for his military forces, we know that they are far less than NATO#s combined forces, but do not believe the silly propaganda that 97% of all his military is in Ukraine as some news outlets have reported.

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Putin has nothing that can take away the Ukrainian will to fight for their freedom.

This is where you’re wrong, ask Japan. I’m not saying it’s the best option I’m just saying he could end the war with Ukraine if he wanted to. That’s what you’re not getting.

Not beating a dead horse and repeating myself over n over, if you can’t grasp the concept then that’s on you.

And no nuclear war is nothing I wish for but this tit for tat game they’re playing now is ridiculous. Russia and Ukraine need to work this # out on their own and stop trying to put their problems onto anyone that willing to lend them a dollar. Personally I’m tired of paying for these endless unwinnable wars in countries that don’t give one single f about us. It’s all about the MIC and the all mighty American tax dollar.

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
but do not believe the silly propaganda that 97% of all his military is in Ukraine as some news outlets have reported.

My point was simple. You didn’t keep bleeding 500 million a day, bleeding men, bleeding equipment in a conflict you can supposedly win conventional next day.

Evidently there is enough resistance to keep fighting Putin.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join