It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine hit 300 miles into Russia

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 06:25 AM
link   

I don’t think your post “His cool toys are still parked in the garage” was referring to nukes?
a reply to: Lazy88
That’s exactly what I was saying. It’s a terrible option but a option none the less, not one I’d like to see. But if you want to end the war and Zelenskyy is unwilling to concede that’s how it could be done or they can continue to draw it out forever costing billions of more dollars and millions of more life’s. 🤷‍♂️

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: KrustyKrab

I’m not saying it’s the best option I’m just saying he could end the war with Ukraine if he wanted to.

Starting a bigger war isn’t ending a smaller war.

Putin has carpet bombed areas. And there is still resistance. So, will one nuke end it? How big? Taking out what exactly? How many nukes?
edit on 19-9-2024 by Lazy88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

You need to get over the fact that Crimea is now part of Russia - and the Crimean people are fine with that. Most of them are Russians.

I don't need to get over anything??? So you're from Crimea are you? You should maybe look into your misunderstanding a bit more?
A peace deal should be agreed by both sides and not forced up the people of Ukraine which you seem to think is fine?

Maybe try again.

What is your plan - what are you proposing we do militarily?
Do you have any idea what you are even talking about beyond 'hang Putin'.

What's up? not happy I won't agree with you? And from a fellow Midlander' too!!

As for militarily, we should carry on doing what we're doing. Ukraine should be allowed to attack military tragets within Russian that are used to attack Ukraine.

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: KrustyKrab

Example. Putin could drop a single nuke to take out most of the Ukraine. Or close to it. Then you have enough radiation, anyone that was a supportive of Putin is pissed from dealing with fallout.

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Allowing Putin to Set the precedent of a Nuclear first strike to get his way is beyond stupid.

Humans would be wiped out in a very short space of time. It would allow China to Nuke Taiwan or one of it's allies, It would allow Iran to Nuke Israel or Israel to Nuke it's neighbours, North Korea to Nuke South Korea. The list goes on.

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Who’s saying it would start a bigger war? I don’t think it would, didn’t happen when we ended Japans reign.

Who’s going to send a nuke to Russia? Name me one country that would do that?

Russia has enough nukes to blow up all of Europe and the US and vice versa. So tell me who’s going to step up and launch nukes at Russia?

Guarantee you that NK and China would have something to say about it also if it came down to push comes to shove.

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Who’s saying it would start a bigger war? I don’t think it would, didn’t happen when we ended Japans reign.

Who’s going to send a nuke to Russia? Name me one country that would do that?

Russia has enough nukes to blow up all of Europe and the US and vice versa. So tell me who’s going to step up and launch nukes at Russia?

Guarantee you that NK and China would have something to say about it also if it came down to push comes to shove.

So you think it wouldn't start a bigger war? Do you think the rest of the world would allow Putin to set off a Nuke without any consequences?
Don't forget that before Putin's little 'special operation' in Ukraine, it was claimed Russia had the Worlds 2nd biggest military, Then a tiny little nat of a country called Ukraine was invaded and Russian forces were shown to be out dated, and equipped with dilapidated chunks of scrap and a two week operation turned into nearly 3 years.
Putin would face far more enemies from within and countries that are turning a blind eye like China would be forced to step away. Russia would emplode.

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

You need to get over the fact that Crimea is now part of Russia - and the Crimean people are fine with that. Most of them are Russians.

I don't need to get over anything??? So you're from Crimea are you? You should maybe look into your misunderstanding a bit more?
A peace deal should be agreed by both sides and not forced up the people of Ukraine which you seem to think is fine?

Maybe try again.

What is your plan - what are you proposing we do militarily?
Do you have any idea what you are even talking about beyond 'hang Putin'.

What's up? not happy I won't agree with you? And from a fellow Midlander' too!!

As for militarily, we should carry on doing what we're doing. Ukraine should be allowed to attack military tragets within Russian that are used to attack Ukraine.

You have said we should keep pushing Putin and have revealed for an outcome of removing Russia from Ukraine (including Crimea).
Pin prick strikes now and then on Russian targets are not going to achieve your aim.
Ukraine, backed by hundreds of billions from the West can't even push Russia back from the Donbas.

So how will it be done? What further escalations?
Can you actually be specific on how you want to keep pushing and escalating to achieve that end?
edit on 19/9/2024 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 07:27 AM
link   

That’s why he should nuke them and be done with it, enough already.

So you think its perfectly acceptable for Russia to use first strike nuclear weapons against Ukraine?
If so, why?

Don't you think that it would pose an incredibly serious risk of major escalation into at least an all out conventional war between NATO and Russia and secondly it would set an incredibly dangerous precedent.

Zelenskyy is a idiot for not giving up already,

Why?
Would you just roll over and meekly give in if another nation invaded your country?

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 07:47 AM
link   

No-one else had nuclear weapons at the time....I guess that's one pretty good reason why no-one responded in kind.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki were lessons mankind had to learn.
There can be no excuses now for using nuclear weapons, every single nation on earth knows full well the potential result of any nuclear exchange.

That's why every nation on earth - except those paragons of virtue Iran and North Korea - would condemn outright any use of first strike nuclear weapons....and that includes China.

And bowing down to Putin's intimidation because he has his finger on the nuclear trigger sets such a dangerous precedent.
He'll see it as a sign of weakness, how long before Russia moves into Moldova, Latvia, Lithuania or Estonia? Maybe all the Stan's they used to control?

Appeasement doesn't work, never has and never will.

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Who’s going to send a nuke to Russia?

I think NATO would go into the Ukraine and clean house. With nobody willing to back Putin. While his supporters deal with nuclear fallout. Note added. As in literal radiation and being radiological contaminated.

That doesn’t answer the question. How many nukes, how big of nukes, targeting what exactly should make all fighters in the Ukraine surrender after being carpet bombed.

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Pin prick strikes now and then on Russian targets are not going to achieve your aim.
Ukraine, backed by hundreds of billions from the West can't even push Russia back from the Donbas.

Strikes on vital supply lines, ammo depots and airbases aswell as the removal of an entire navel fleet aren't pin pricks, especially now those strike are within Russia.

Putin is throwing everything Russia has at this war now bar Nukes, and still is only moving forward at a snails pace. The country is bleeding millions, and has nearly lost an entire generation of young soliders and experienced miltary commanders are being replaced by 'YES' men and family members, so things are only going to get worse for Putin.
Like I said to Krusty, Russia was the 2nd greatest military might on the planet before this. After all of Putin's losses, Russian will take years to get back to any kind of position of power, and are being seen as a joke.

You seem to want me to 'armchair warrior' this conflict, which I won't do, but I think allowing Ukraine to strike further into Russia is already on the way and I think aslong as they're military targets used to strike Ukraine then they're fair game. Ukraine has better tech coming which will hopefully allow better targeted attacks and allow even more of Russias abilty to fight and resupply it's troops removed.
Whilst this fight has remained in Ukraine, the majority of Russian people have been blind to it, now Ukraine have been able to take the fight into Russia, it's people are starting see the conflict and lose faith in Putin.
That's the best weapon to use.

edit on 19-9-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 07:53 AM
link   

If Putin used Nukes, petty much all the world would be in opposition against Russia. With zero benefits for NK and China to go against that opposition. Unless they just wanted all in WW III.

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 08:16 AM
link   

ou have said we should keep pushing Putin and have revealed for an outcome of removing Russia from Ukraine (including Crimea).

Fuunily enough, this just poped up on my news feed...

Polish Foreign Minister proposes to place Crimea under UN mandate

Crimea plays a crucial role in possible peace talks between Ukraine and Russia. Therefore, one of the options for resolving the issue of the peninsula may be to place it under a UN mandate, says Polish Foreign Minister Radosław Sikorski at the 20th annual YES meeting in Kyiv.

“Crimea is symbolically important for Russia, especially for (Russian leader Vladimir - ed.) Putin, but it is strategically important for Ukraine. I do not see how peace can be achieved without the demilitarization of Crimea,” he said.

Sikorski suggested that one of the possible solutions could be to place the peninsula under a UN mandate to hold a fair referendum after the legitimate residents are identified.

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

So you think its perfectly acceptable for Russia to use first strike nuclear weapons against Ukraine? If so, why?
Apparently reading comprehension has left the building the last couple of pages and a few went all in on hypothetical this n that.

Why are you asking me that when I’ve already said it’s a terrible idea? No, I don’t want to see nuclear war. I merely said that if Putin wanted to end the war with Ukraine that he could, that’s a fact and a indisputable one at that. Do I think it’s a good idea? No, not at all but it is a option open to him whether anyone likes it or not. He’s even hinted to this very scenario in the past. No one’s going to lob nukes at russia even if he did drop a nuke. Putin knows that. Would it stir the hornets nest in the global community???? Of course it would.

What I thinks going to happen…. Is that this will continue to be drawn out costing millions of more life’s and billions of of more dollars. Hopefully everyone’s okay with that as it seems that’s what everyone wants. I personally think we should mind our own business and let them hash it out. That would also end all the stupidity because without our billions and weapons aid Zelenskyy and Ukraine are finished, everyone knows that and I think that just might be the best case scenario. Might suck for Ukraine but such is life in love n war.

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Apparently reading comprehension has left the building the last couple of pages

Your one to post.

No, I don’t want to see nuclear war. I merely said that if Putin wanted to end the war with Ukraine that he could,

How. Putin is already using carpet bombing. How many nukes of what size, targeting what. With radiation and contamination that would probably spread to places like the Donbas and Crimea. With probably contamination crapping up the North Crimea Canal.

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

No-one else had nuclear weapons at the time....I guess that's one pretty good reason why no-one responded in kind.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki were lessons mankind had to learn.
There can be no excuses now for using nuclear weapons, every single nation on earth knows full well the potential result of any nuclear exchange.

That's why every nation on earth - except those paragons of virtue Iran and North Korea - would condemn outright any use of first strike nuclear weapons....and that includes China.

And bowing down to Putin's intimidation because he has his finger on the nuclear trigger sets such a dangerous precedent.
He'll see it as a sign of weakness, how long before Russia moves into Moldova, Latvia, Lithuania or Estonia? Maybe all the Stan's they used to control?

Appeasement doesn't work, never has and never will.

Provocation does not work either - as we are seeing.
You can't expand NATO east towards and onto the Russian border and start arming those countries.
You can't overthrow govts because they are sympathetic to Russia and install a new one sympathetic to the West on Russia's doorstep and then arm them too.
You can't start isolating a country and making them a pariah in the world community - both politically and socially - and not expect hostility in return.
You can't do stupid things like stop dialogue - like removing Russia from the G8 and making it a G7.

Over the last decade plus there has been a continual and ever increasing attack on Russia to make it clear they are a threat to the world and a mortal enemy.

These things are not appeasement - they are acts of aggression that will always - and have - drawn a response.

We have absolute idiots in charge in the West and they have led us into multiple wars
They have totally destroyed the middle east - Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Libya - mainly with covert operations but also with straight up lying and war crimes.

There is no moral leg that the US, UK or the rest of Europe can stand on. None whatsoever.

So when I see finger pointing at other nations it makes me laugh.
No countries in recent history has been more culpable of death and destruction through needless wars than the major Western powers.
I refuse to believe any claim they make after they lied about WMDs in Iraq and murdered millions as a result.
edit on 19/9/2024 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

sympathetic to Russia and install a new one sympathetic to the West on Russia's doorstep and then arm them too.

They probably wouldn’t be very supportive if Putin goes nuclear and contaminates the regions air, soil, and water.

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lazy88

sympathetic to Russia and install a new one sympathetic to the West on Russia's doorstep and then arm them too.

They probably wouldn’t be very supportive if Putin goes nuclear and contaminates the regions air, soil, and water.

If he ends up doing that people's sympathies will not matter - including yours.
We'll all be dead.

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 12:11 PM
link   

So when I see finger pointing at other nations it makes me laugh.

I even don’t see much difference between the corrupt governments of Ukraine and Russia. But Putin invaded on BS narratives. Who’s next after the Ukraine? Countries shouldn’t be invaded because Putin claimed Nazis.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join