It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Russia, a multi-thousand Russian march in honor of Alexander Nevsky took place

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I agree, after looking him up after reading RT's opening post, all I could find was his ability to submit to Mongol and Muslim rule rather than the Roman Catholic Empire and Church.

I did find the article from Nat' Geo' interesting...

One of the many religious disagreements between the western (Roman) and eastern (Byzantine) branches of the church had to do with whether or not it was acceptable to use unleavened bread for the sacrament of communion. (The west supported the practice, while the east did not.)

These religious disagreements were made worse by a variety of political conflicts, particularly regarding the power of Rome. Rome believed that the pope—the religious leader of the western church—should have authority over the patriarch—the religious authority of the eastern church. Constantinople disagreed. Each church recognized their own leaders, and when the western church eventually excommunicated Michael Cerularius and the entire eastern church. The eastern church retaliated by excommunicating the Roman pope Leo IX and the Roman church with him.

The fact that RT tried to equate the ex-communication of the Othordox Church in 1054 to the more recent modernization of the Catholic Church is hysterical.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

What nonsense!!! Jesus Christ is God and the son of God. He has no nationality. Are you sure you are a Catholic Christian????

I have to disappoint you RT. Jesus was a freaking Jew. Deal with it. Moreover, he was a Jewish racist. He said to the Canaanite woman that he was sent to the children of Israel not to the Canaanite dogs like her.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I have learned a lot about the Russian Orthodox Church today.

All the same, I'll be sticking with the C of E.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Jesus Christ is God and the son of God. He has no nationality.

Jesus Christ is God and the Son of God ... and son of Mary and foster son of Joseph ... both of the house and line of King DAVID. It's VERY important to acknowledge that because it fulfills the messianic prophecies of the Old Testament. To claim he has 'no nationality' would mean that he didn't fulfill the messianic prophecies and that he isn't the messiah or saviour.

He lived a Jewish life. He ate Jewish food. He prayed Jewish prayers. He lived in the Jewish community. He taught in Jewish Synagogues. He had Jewish friends. He was of Jewish blood. His mother was Jewish. His foster father - and legal father - was Jewish. He fulfilled Jewish messianic prophecy by being of Jewish blood of the house and line of King David. He spilled Jewish blood on the cross which saved YOU. That's right .. Jewish blood saved you from hellfire.

Jesus was .. and always will be ... JEWISH.
Your God, Jesus the Son, whom you pray to, is JEWISH.
Chew on that.

edit on 9/12/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
Yes, that's right. On this basis, Putin will probably be canonized.

Agreed. It looks like just being a good orthodox and having nationalist tendencies is what is needed.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I must admit, at first glance at the OP, I thought "Nevsky" was "Navalny".

Silly ole me....

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: RussianTroll

May be wise to keep one eye on the sky when you're out celebrating.

Anyway, Happy Name Day RT. 🥂

Your advice is very relevant for England. Because it is very likely that in response to the use of English missiles against Russia, Russian missiles will fly to England for a friendly visit and exchange of opinions))))

Yeah whatever. It might interest you that neither I nor any of my inlaws sent any missiles. That you enjoy my potential death by one of your rusty old bombs shows me that you don't live in the real world.
The sun was shining today for a few hours, kids and people with doggies were going for a walk, none of which ordered any missiles to go to russia. But you want them dead.
You are happy killing people just because you are too self obsessed and so full of hate and stuck in your ways like an old sofa with an ass groove.
Your existence must suck so much, I kind of feel sorry for you.

Also, I'm not scared of whatever you want to do. I have a life and will die laughing if your bombs ever make it this far, but I'll be in Hell before you and hence have time to make sure you'll get a "very" special greeting as a noob. I have friends in low places.
So you don't win either way.

Get out a bit more and seek inner peace, it's so much more pleasant than hating innocent people like a braindead slug.

I still like russian people, but you are something else. Oh my 😆😂

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: twistedpuppy

I don't think Jews are "freaking". If you think so, you are an anti-Semite. But God can't have a nationality for one simple reason, the first Jew is considered to be Isaac, Abraham's son. That is, even Abraham is not considered a Jew, otherwise the Jews would have to recognize his eldest son Ismail (Shmael), who is the first Arab, as a Jew too.))))

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

"like an old sofa with an ass groove."

After reading that, I got up and looked at my Chesterfield sofa.

Damn, it's got one!

I like Russian ordinary folk, too. I don't hate them or want them all dead in a fiery nuclear Holocaust.

I don't want that for anyone.

That some gleefully delight in the prospect of such, and actually take it upon themselves to threaten us with it, fills me only with great sadness for them.

To be that full of hate whilst claiming to be a Christian, simply beggars belief.

I will pray for them.

And turn the other cheek.
edit on 12-9-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 12:44 PM
link   

But God can't have a nationality...

God the Son HAS to have a nationality, otherwise He doesn't fulfill the Old Testament Messianic prophecies. You trying to take away the fact that Jesus was, and always will be, JEWISH ... means you are speaking against the bible and you are denouncing the messianic roll of Jesus and you are denouncing Him as savoiur.

The Messiah and Savior has to be Jewish and of the line of King David.

Jesus fits that prophecy.

In your version .. He wouldn't fit the prophecy and therefore wouldn't be Messiah or Savior.

So you are wrong.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 12:48 PM
link   

You apparently haven't read the Epistle of Apostle Paul to the Romans. It clearly states all the covenants of the Lord with people. I will cite the canonical work of my spiritual father on the Epistle of Paul to the Romans at the Theological Seminary in Kolomna:

"However, there is another aspect that should be mentioned in this context. According to the Bible, God's fatherly attitude towards His people invariably inspired Israel with hope for the forgiveness of sins (Jer. 29:11-14; 31:20; Hos. 11:1-9). We also find evidence of this in the Apostle Paul: "God did not reject His people whom He foreknew. Do you not know what the Scripture says in the story of Elijah? How he complains to God about Israel, saying: Lord, they have killed Your prophets, they have thrown down Your altars; I alone am left, and they seek my life" (Rom. 11:2-3). Elimination of the consequences of sin, correction or atonement for an offense, guilt with the goal of reconciliation with God was achieved by sacrificing animals (Lev. 4; 5:1-19; Num. 15:22-24); the exception was the most serious sins (idolatry, bloodshed and debauchery, especially adultery), which were punishable by death. The basic regulations governing the process of preparing and carrying out cult sacrifices were announced by the Lord to Moses from the tabernacle of meeting (Lev. 1:1-2). However, the gifts and sacrifices brought could not "make the offerer perfect in conscience" (Heb. 9:9). "A Jew who had sinned came, confessed his sin, brought the required sacrifice, and was restored to all the rights of a Jew; but inwardly he remained the same, with the same slavery to sin"1. So why did nothing change after the sacrifice was brought? In all likelihood, due to the nature of the sacrifice being offered: “If he is guilty of any of these things and confesses wherein he has sinned, then he shall bring to the Lord for his sin which he has sinned a trespass offering of the flock, a sheep or a goat, for a sin offering; and the priest shall make atonement for him for his sin” (Lev. 5:5-6). It turned out that the sinner suffered only material damage, the amount of which was determined by the gravity of the sin he had committed and the severity of the punishment imposed for it, while the torment and pain were suffered by the sacrificial animal doomed to death. This relative ease of restoration in purity and rights provoked the Jews first to repeat, and then to multiply, their sin. Here is what the Apostle Paul writes about this: “For the law, having a shadow of the good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with the same sacrifices offered continually year by year make perfect those who come to them. Otherwise they would have stopped offering them, because those who offered the sacrifice, having been once cleansed, would no longer have any consciousness of sins" (Heb. 10:1-2). Sins multiplied, and more and more new sacrifices were required, which became daily. Priest Pavel Florensky describes the scale of the fall of Israel in the following way: "According to Josephus Flavius, 265 thousand lambs were slaughtered at Passover... Sometimes the priests walked ankle-deep in blood - the entire huge courtyard was flooded with blood"1.
The Scripture condemned such formal observance of ritual prescriptions by the Jews, not supported by repentance and overcoming the attraction to sin: "To what purpose do I have the multitude of your sacrifices? says the Lord. I am full of burnt offerings of rams; and the blood of bulls and lambs I do not delight in. Do not bring any more vain gifts; “I cannot endure the new moons and the sabbaths, the festival assemblies: iniquity and the solemnity! My soul hates your new moons and your solemnities; they are a burden to me; I am grieved at them. And when you spread out your hands, I will hide my eyes from you; your hands are full of blood. Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before my eyes; cease to do evil; learn to do good; seek justice; deliver the oppressed; defend the fatherless; plead for the widow” (Isaiah 1:11-17).
Thus, the opinions of commentators on the Epistle to the Romans about the reasons for the increase in the sins of the people of Israel boiled down to one thing: the law is good and holy when it is lawfully used, and it was given “that it might diminish and destroy the transgression, and if the opposite happened, it was not by the nature of the law, but through the negligence of those who received the law”2. The disciplinary-regulating and punitive law was given to the Jews to turn Israel into a people of virtue, to instill in each of them a pure way of life and thoughts, and "the doers of the law will be justified" (Rom. 2:13).

In simple terms, the Lord said that it was enough to drench him in blood, he was tired, he did not need sacrifices for the formal observance of righteousness. ENOUGH BLOOD! Just keep the commandments!!!!!!!!!

This is where the NEW TESTAMENT, the Gospel, came from!
edit on 12-9-2024 by RussianTroll because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 12:58 PM
link   

"ENOUGH BLOOD! Just keep the commandments!!!!!!!!!"

If only Russia were to heed this.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 01:11 PM
link   

All these mental gymnastics you perform to deny the Jewish origins of the Almighty are hilarious.

But they won't change a fact that the God you worship is a Jew. Jesus is a Jew. Holy Mary is a Jew. All apostles are Jews.

More bad news for you. Jews are God's chosen people. God clearly ordered them to slaughter all of their enemies on their way to the promised land. Look what they had to do to the Canaanites. This is why they are doing what they are doing in Gaza. Because God wills it.

Iran will be wiped off the face of the earth for the same reason. I wouldn't import their weapons if I were you. It might piss the Almighty off.
edit on 12-9-2024 by twistedpuppy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: twistedpuppy

As the Russians say, you need to drink less)))))

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 01:17 PM
link   

You apparently haven't read ...

Apparently you aren't Christian. Otherwise you would know that Jesus has to be Jewish in order to fulfill the Old Testament prophecies. You, with your hate of the Jews, would take away the FACT that Jesus is, and always will be Jewish, and that would mean that he didn't fulfill the messianic and savior prophecies.

You are wrong.

He lived a Jewish life. He ate Jewish food. He prayed Jewish prayers. He lived in the Jewish community. He taught in Jewish Synagogues. He had Jewish friends. He was of Jewish blood. His mother was Jewish. His foster father - and legal father - was Jewish. He fulfilled Jewish messianic prophecy by being of Jewish blood of the house and line of King David. He spilled Jewish blood on the cross which saved YOU. That's right .. Jewish blood saved you from hellfire.

Jesus heritage and bloodline is given in scripture.
Clearly showing him to be Jewish.
He HAS to be Jewish in order to have the credentials to be Messiah and Savior.

Jesus was .. and always will be ... JEWISH.
Your God, Jesus the Son, whom you pray to, is JEWISH.

Jesus ... being Jewish and of the line of King David ... fulfills prophecy.
Take that away and he doesn't fulfill the prophecy and is no longer the Son of God.
You deny that Jesus is Messiah and Savior and therefore deny Him being God.
You are not Christian.

Is Jesus Jewish

Jesus was a Jew by descent. Being in the lineage of Abraham and David (Matthew 1:1), He was born in Judah to Joseph and Mary, a Jewish father and mother (Matthew 1:6 and 2:1-2). He was raised in a Jewish home and was taught the scriptures and Jewish laws (Luke 2:40). Hebrews 7:14 also tells us that the Lord descended from Judah, meaning the son of Jacob, where the word Jew derived.

As Jesus grew, He often taught in the synagogues and the temple. His teachings abided by the Torah and the commandments and upheld all the Jewish customs. Jesus was considered a rabbi, even called the King of the Jews (John 19:21). As a Jew, He observed Passover and the Feast of the Tabernacles (Jon 2:12 and John 7:2), both Jewish traditions.

The Old Testament prophesied a Jewish Savior. One was chosen by God for a special purpose: to restore and redeem Israel (Isaiah 9:6 and 53). To claim Jesus isn't Jewish is to deny that he is the messiah and savior.

Why It's Important To Remember that Jesus is Jewish

Jesus was born in Bethlehem to a Jewish mother and raised in a Jewish home by parents who followed Jewish law and respected Jewish festivals. Jesus honored his Jewish heritage in every religious sense. He was called Rabbi and identified Himself as a Jew.

God chose the Jews because they would protect God’s message at all costs. Through them would come all the prophecy, all of the foreshadowing.

That Messiah prophesied in the Old Testament was a Jewish savior, chosen by God for a special purpose from a special people. The Messiah was to serve God’s purpose by fulfilling all Jewish prophecy and reconciling the world to himself:

And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God (Revelation 21:3).

And of course we have Jesus Himself saying He is Jewish - Jesus identified Himself as a Jew. Speaking to the Samaritan woman at the well, Jesus said, “You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews” (John 4:22).

Jesus was born Jewish. He still is Jewish. His return will be to Israel.

Jesus is indeed the Jewish Messiah, the Son of David — and sent through and to the Jews.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I have cited a huge number of sources from the Old and New Testaments. You - only your personal opinion.
I conclude that the fact that you call yourself a Catholic is a smokescreen. You are simply discrediting real Christianity with your hatred of it.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: twistedpuppy
But they won't change a fact that the God you worship is a Jew. Jesus is a Jew. Holy Mary is a Jew. All apostles are Jews..

To deny that Jesus is Jewish is to deny that he fulfilled the Old Testament prophecies in regards to the messiah and the savior.

Therefore, to deny that Jesus is Jewish is to deny that He is God the Son.

RT is not Christian.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

"ENOUGH BLOOD! Just keep the commandments!!!!!!!!!"

Thou Shall Not Murder.
Thou Shall Not Steal.
Thou Shall Not Bear False Witness Against Your Neighbour.
Thou Shall Not Covet.

Collectively they aren't doing very well are they.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Simple question: Who was the first Jew according to the Torah?

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I have cited a huge number of sources from the Old and New Testaments. You - only your personal opinion.

No ... I posted direct information from scripture showing that you are not a Christian.

To deny Jesus is fulfilling Old Testament prophecy about the Messiah is to deny that He is the Son of God.

My post was up less than two minutes ... you did not have time to read it ... you just posted crap in response without reading it. So obviously you are not here for conversation and you don't know what you are talking about.

You deny Jesus fulfilled the Messianic prophecies of the Old Testament.

That means you are not a Christian.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join