It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Russia, a multi-thousand Russian march in honor of Alexander Nevsky took place

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
a reply to: FlyersFan

Don't be disingenuous. I didn't write that.

Yes you did. This is your quote from page two.

But only until the Second Vatican Council, when the Catholic Church completely fell under Judaism. .

In fact, worship in Catholic churches is now conducted according to Jewish texts, not Christian texts.

ALL Christian churches worship according to what was Jewish texts. The original Greek is taken from JEWS and JEWISH TEXTS. I know you cant' stand that because of your hatred for Jews. But it's the truth. BTW .. JESUS WAS JEWISH.
The Catholic church texts are from the Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic. The scholars decided which ones were closest to the original meanings. This is NOT 'judaism taking over the dogma'. No DOGMA changed.

And yes, you falsely said that on page four -

the Catholic Church has revised canonical dogmas....

edit on 9/12/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 11:32 AM
link   

In the Russian church, a person doesn't have to perform miracles while in Heaven in order to be called a 'saint'. He or she just has to be popular for something. 

I think the reason for his canonization was his loyalty to the Orthodox Church. When some Russian princes rebelled against the Golden Horde and chose to ally themselves with the Catholic Church, Alexander rejected the Pope's offer of alliance. He preferred to submit to the Tatar rule than undermine Christian Orthodoxy. Some sources claim that he even turned against his brother, refusing to support his rebellion.

Although Alexander is respected for his bravery and fights against the aggressors who threatened Russia, it seems to be less important than his loyalty to the Church and the rejection of papacy, and with it the alliance with Europe. No wonder the official propaganda uses him as an example of a hero who despised the rotten West.

And his willful subjugation by Tatar overlords is a reminder to the potential patriotic rebels that humbly enduring a yoke is more pragmatic and more pleasant to God than revolting against the authority even in the name of love to your country. Look: Navalny. This is what the state and the Church demands of its citizens: humility, loyalty and endurance of hardships. Not independence seeking or martyring themselves in the name of freedom.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
No miracles. Not a proper Saint. End of.

Which was all I asked on page two.
Then we got 3 pages of the Catholic church supposedly taken over by Jews.
Geeeze ...

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: twistedpuppy
I think the reason for his canonization was his loyalty to the Orthodox Church.

That's what I'm getting out of this. When I read the Russian Orthodox criteria for 'saint', if you are baptised Orthodox and lead an Orthodox life, you can be called a saint. Nothing special is required. I just wanted to know what was so special that he got called a 'saint'. It looks like it's much easier to be called a saint in the Orthodox church than in the Catholic one.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 11:37 AM
link   

You are wrong. True canonical Orthodox churches conduct services based on the Septuagint. The Masoretic text is your empty desires. You will not be able to subjugate God's Church. It is impossible. You will not be able to. You have subjugated the Catholic Church, all the Protestant churches, but you will not be able to subjugate the true Orthodox Church. Don't even dream about it.
By the way, all modern wars occur and are waged precisely for this purpose. But you are not succeeding))))) God is not mocked, and His Church on Earth is unshakable)))))

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: twistedpuppy

I think the reason for his canonization was his loyalty to the Orthodox Church.

Reading about him, he does come under some criticism for submitting to the Mongols and Muslim rule. Even paying for their protection.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: twistedpuppy

The West's condition was that Russia submit to the Catholic Church. The Mongols did not oppress the Russians' faith and did not insist on changing their faith. Draw a simple conclusion as to why Alexander Nevsky was friends with the Mongols against the West)))))

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I think you've found his sore point!! He may need some germaline to help him with his irritation...

edit on 12-9-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 11:45 AM
link   

True canonical Orthodox churches conduct services ...

I don't give a rats backend how they conduct their services. They are not the original church that Christ started. The Catholic church has an unbroken apostolic succession all the way back to Peter. The Catholic church is the original Christian church. I already told you that there are documents dating back to 107AD that have the term 'Catholic church' in them in the Vatican museum. You and your Russian orthodox church can do whatever you want. You are pretenders. Well meaning .. and I'm sure that your prayers are heard .. but you are not the Church that Christ started.

Matthew 16:18-19 - And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.

Where Peter is .. there is the Church of Christ. And apostolic succession, which started with Peters supremacy and was established in ACTS Chapter One when Matthias was chosen to replace Judas as the twelfth apostle and he was prayed over and anointed by God through the apostles, ... apostolic succession which has Jesus approval and blessing (authority given to Peter by Jesus in Matthew 16:18-19) is in the CATHOLIC CHURCH.

Your church is just a break off ... do whatever you want .. you are not THE church started by Christ. So .. whatever.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 11:45 AM
link   
🇷🇺🇷🇺🇷🇺👌👌👌

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

Draw a simple conclusion as to why Alexander Nevsky was friends with the Mongols against the West

His abilty to bend at the knee and take one for the team??

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Thank you for providing a clear justification for why the Orthodox Church has stopped considering the Catholic Church its sister.))))

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Yes, that's right. On this basis, Putin will probably be canonized.

It is indeed easier to be a Saint of the Russian Orthodox Church than in the Catholic one so they should probably be taken with a large pinch of salt.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
I think you've found his sore point!! He may need some germaline to help him with his irritation...

Wanna' see irritation ... watch this ...JESUS WAS JEWISH. The Apostles were JEWISH.

Yeah .. that'll spark a fire! ha ha ha ha

It looks like this guy was promoted (for lack of a better word) to saint in the Russian church because of his adherence to being Orthodox. Probably some nationalism thrown in. I'm reading around and not finding anything extra special about him religiously. And that's what I'm used to seeing when you talk about 'saints'. Usually you see their miracles attached to their names. But I'm coming up with nothing. WHich is fine. They can run their church any way they want. But in my mind someone isn't a 'canonized saint' unless they have verified miracles that they performed after death. So I'm kinda not interested in him ...

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Maybe a Quisling type traitor, according to some learned scholars?

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Thank you for providing a clear justification for why the Orthodox Church has stopped considering the Catholic Church its sister.))))

I proved your church is not THE church started by Christ.
I showed how the Catholic church is.
And you have nothing to counter it. Have fun chewing on that.

link   

What nonsense!!! Jesus Christ is God and the son of God. He has no nationality. Are you sure you are a Catholic Christian????

link   

What nonsense!!! Jesus Christ is God and the son of God. He has no nationality. Are you sure you are a Catholic Christian????

link   

Sort of like a Poundland Saint?

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

Jewish is a religion, not a nation.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join