It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Russia, a multi-thousand Russian march in honor of Alexander Nevsky took place

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

their not, neither is NATO using them against russia, the weapons they are using are Ukraine's now, no one else's.

once something is given or bought, the weapons belong to those that receive them.

how ignorant are you!

edit on 12-9-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

There is that, but not an attack as such.

Probably.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Splitters, then?

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

how ignorant are you!

Personal insults work against the offender.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Gospel of Luke:

14:24 For I tell you that none of those who were invited
will taste my supper, for many are invited, but few are chosen.

link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
According to my Britannica source, above:

"For these reasons, Alexander by 1381 was elevated to the status of a local saint and was canonized by the Russian Orthodox Church in 1547. "

No miracles involved, apparently.

Not sure what actual status a "local saint" might have, outside of Russia.

huh. Okay. So the Russian Orthodox church can 'canonize' people they think are outstanding, but no miracles are involved. I didn't know that. In the Catholic church, two miracles by the "saint" are required in order for them to be called a 'saint' and for their body to be called a 'holy relic'.

Okay. That's interesting. I didn't know that about the Russian Orthodox Church. I assumed anyone with the title 'saint' had to have miracles attributed to them. Guess not ...

link   

The Catholic Church is a sect that broke away from the United Orthodox Church.

Thats not true, the Russian Orthodox Church continues to exist because it cosed up to the Mongols

In 1054, the Great Schism occurred, and Russian church ceased to be in communion with the Pope.

The Russian church enjoyed a favoured position while parts of Russia lay under Mongol rule from the 13th-15th century. Sergius, as well as the metropolitans St. Peter (1308–26) and St. Alexius (1354–78), supported the rising power of the principality of Moscow. The church enjoyed protection for its land and buildings as well as freedom from taxes. In addition it was guaranteed freedom from persecution in accordance with Islamic religious law.

In 1054, the Great Schism occurred, and Russian church ceased to be in communion with the Pope.

So in reality, the Russian Orthodox Church became a Muslim subsiduary.
edit on 12-9-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 10:36 AM
link   

You are trying in vain. The Lord and His Church are not mocked.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Oh please RT.....you can't beat Ukraine and are totally incapable of projecting any sort of military might away from your borders.
How the # do you think you are going to conduct any sort of war against the UK by itself let alone with its Allies as well?

You haven't got a hope in hell in a conventional war and if you're threatening the use of nuclear weapons - again - that's a sure fire way of ensuring that Russia, possibly along with half/most of the planet, gets turned into a sheet of glass.

Do something fun on your name day instead of your boring, routine day job.

Me?
I'm off to sit on a sun lounger in the back garden, might get an hour or so. Maybe crack open a Peroni or two and read a bit of one of my books.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 10:38 AM
link   

you should remember that, cause your veiled ones aren't all that concealed,even with all your ))))) behind them.
edit on 12-9-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

you should remember that, cause your veiled ones aren't all that concealed,even with all your ))))) behind them.

I see those ))))) as his stress and worry lines!!

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 10:40 AM
link   

"For I say unto you, That none of those men which were bidden shall taste of my supper.."

Luke 14:24

King James Bible.

Again, you are misquoting Scripture.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Our Lord is probably not best pleased with having His Word misquoted and twisted for propaganda purposes.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

I see them as chins!

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
The Catholic Church is a sect that broke away from the United Orthodox Church.

Nope. The Catholic church has an unbroken history and apostolic succession all the way back to Peter. There was no breaking away to create the Catholic church. It is the original church. The earliest writing of the name 'Catholic' church can be found in writings preserved at the Vatican - From 107AD - in a letter from Ignatius of Antioch. So we know the word 'Catholic' was being used to describe Christ's church even back then. And there is a documented history of the unbroken line of Catholicism and the popes all the way back to Peter. The Catholic church did not break off from anything else.

But only until the Second Vatican Council, when the Catholic Church completely fell under Judaism. .

You really are obsessed with Jewish stuff and in a negative way. No, The Catholic Church has no fallen under Judaism. The Second Vatican Council was bad for the church, and the church has fallen under MODERNISM, but not Judaism. Not even remotely.

OLDCARPY answered my question. I wanted to know why this guy was called a saint. What were his miracles. Apparently the Russian church can call anyone they really like a 'saint' and they don't require miracles as proof that the person is actually in heaven, unlike the Catholic church that requires one verified miracle for the person to be called 'blessed' and two miracles for the person to be called 'saint'.

I wouldn't call this persons body a holy relic. That term, to me, is preserved for actual canonized saints who have verified miracles. I'd just call it a body. But those Russians can do whatever makes them happy I suppose.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

You, with all the might of NATO, still have not been able to destroy Russia for more than 2.5 years. Once again, talk ends, guns start talking. And guns do not need references.

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 10:51 AM
link   

In reality, the Russian Orthodox Church became a Muslim subsiduary. They were happy to bend the knee and be controlled by the Muslims insteaad of the Catholic Church.

link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
You are trying in vain. The Lord and His Church are not mocked.

I wasn't 'trying' anything and I didn't mock Christs church nor God either.

I asked a question and OLDCARPY answered it.

In the Russian church, a person doesn't have to perform miracles while in Heaven in order to be called a 'saint'. He or she just has to be popular for something. This is different from the Catholic church which requires two miracles be performed by the saint after death in order to be declared a saint. It was a simple and accurate statement.

Oh ... and no ... I don't think your Russian church is 'Christs church'.
And about 1.9 billion Christians agree with me on that.

link   

Answer this simple question: "Why did the Catholic Church, during the Second Vatican Council, abandon the Vuganta, based on the translation from the Greek Septuagint, which had been used in worship for centuries, in favor of the translation from the Hebrew Masoretic text, which is used in worship today?"

posted on Sep, 12 2024 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
In reality, the Russian Orthodox Church became a Muslim subsiduary. They were happy to bend the knee and be controlled by the Muslims insteaad of the Catholic Church.

Considering RTs negative obsession with everything Jewish ... I believe you.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join