It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UK collapsing fast

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 05:35 PM
link   
A Labour government cutting energy payments to pensioners.
All prior to another round of Austerity deliberately targeting the most needy and vulnerable in our society.

Its truly shameful.

All whilst tax avoidance, particularly by large corporations, carries on unchecked.

Labour in name only.

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Corruption only ends one way it destroys the thing it is feeding off. Which is system collapse.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Political parties are all the same nowadays.
Theres no difference between any of them. They all are gonna lean on the poor and needy.

I thought Labour were the party for people.
The Tory's were the snobs and people with money party.

Both are the same now, they couldnt be arsed with the common man.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 05:12 AM
link   
approx 13 Billion a year goes in foreign aid (often to countries with their own nuclear weapons programs and their own space programs)

why must our government decide that this is more important than keeping pensioners from dying of cold?

It is a choice, they are choosing to let these vulnerable old people freeze to death all while pocketing 3 grand each for their own heating on top of their fat salaries.

Why is no one in the media framing the debate around this, instead allowing Reeves and Starmer to quote the black hole in the government finances as the reason they are cutting the winter fuel bill...Why is it that which needs to be gotten rid of and not, say 3 Bn from the foreign aid budget?

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

The elephant in the room is the energy companies that charge the astronomical prices also.

They should be offering the likes of pensioners and vulnerable people better deals with power and gas at reduced costs.

But they dont they just sit back and experience record profits whilst old people freeze to death and die.

They are no better than the likes of government scum that propose to take the money out of pensioner's pockets by my guess and should also be held to account for their nefarious shenanigans.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 05:26 AM
link   

approx 13 Billion a year goes in foreign aid (often to countries with their own nuclear weapons programs and their own space programs)

why must our government decide that this is more important than keeping pensioners from dying of cold?

I agree with you, why are we sending aid/money to countries like China and India with a space program?
(Article from 2023)
www.express.co.uk...

Further down the list comes China – handed £48million of UK taxpayer money – a fact former Tory leader Sir Iain Duncan Smith described as “bizarre”. The aid watchdog said the largest share of this, some £6million, was used in partnership with the Premier League to “deliver new and more inclusive participation" in football.

(Article from 2023)
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Questions over Britain’s 70% boost in aid to India just days after its rocket launch
Critics say it is wrong to increase funding to the Asian country when it is wealthy enough to afford its own space programme

edit on 11-9-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

I have always thought that is crazy.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Yeah, that one can be laid at the feet of Thatcher who sold off our nationalised power industries to be PLC's and run maximum profit.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Yeah, China and India would rather spend money on a space programme rather than help their poorer citzens. Thats the choice they've made. Why should we support that with money?

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Yeah, China and India would rather spend money on a space programme rather than help their poorer citzens. Thats the choice they've made. Why should we support that with money?

Also China is far richer than the UK and India is on the verge of overtaking the UK in the wealth rankings.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Tell that to the billions living in abject poverty and third world conditions in both those countries.

China's wealth is reliant on Western purchase power.....India is a place of unimaginable extremes.

You're right about the energy and utility companies.....all sold off to further a political ideology at the expense of the British people.
The vast majority are now foreign owned with the sole aims of generating huge dividends for shareholders and massive bonuses to executives. They are literally hemorrhaging money out of this country.
If ever there was a clear case for nationalisation and a move back to a mixed market economy its them.

Yet we have a Labour government more concerned with Austerity, freeing convicted criminals and continuing the ongoing open door immigration policy of previous governments all of which will impact the lives of ordinary British people.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 06:06 AM
link   

True, though it's not our job to subsidise these countries economies when they splurge on nukes and moon shots is it?
Hell we may as well give money to the USA in that case, there is a massive underclass there too.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 06:10 AM
link   
To put this into some greater sort of context, the cut that those fat arsed MP's voted for will save about 1.4Bn a year. so keep the foreign aid budget but reduce it by 10 percent then you dont need to kill loads of old people.

source for savings

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge2

The Labour Party started betraying their core traditional vote some time ago - that process seems complete.
They don't even try to hide the fact that they have nothing but contempt for ordinary British people.

They are a party for special interest groups, self-appointed know-it-all wokerati's and worst of all big business and multi-national corporations.

It is truly shameful.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 06:18 AM
link   

I absolutely agree 100% - all Aid to India should be stopped immediately. (Obviously not in times of natural disasters etc but that's completely different).
I'm not sure why we give Aid to China - that is indeed truly bizarre - but ALL foreign Aid needs to be reviewed, scrutinised and severely reduced or stopped altogether in many cases.

Put your own house in order first.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Sort of on/off topic: I just happen to be watching PMQ's today and was curious why almost every single opposition member across all the political spectrum are wearing a little wheatsheaf on their jackets, but Starmer and crew weren't. So, I asked my friend Google what that is all about. Apparently it is Back British Farmers Day today.
Last year Starmer was wearing one..... this year as PM and all his lackeys aren't.... that is very telling to me. I wonder if Jeremy Clarkson will spot it too?
Starmer is a duplicitous traitor to the people of this country!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 08:13 AM
link   
"STOP THE BOATS STOP THE BOATS STOP THE BOATS.

STOP THE BOATS STOP THE BOATS STOP THE BOH-OATS.

STOP THE BOATS STOP THE BOATS STOP THE BOATS

STOP THE BOATS". !!!

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
a reply to: andy06shake

Yeah, that one can be laid at the feet of Thatcher who sold off our nationalised power industries to be PLC's and run maximum profit.

And the steel industry, sold to Tata, who are now in trouble and Starmer is giving them a few million.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Whats left of the steel industry after Corus etc.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge2

Calm down mate. It's all OK.

Starmer is cracking down on the smuggling gangs.

I feel safer already.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join