It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UK collapsing fast

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2024 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Corbyn was a complete #....the only word to describe him.
Pro-Hamas, Pro-Hezbollah, Pro-IRA.

Terrorists each and every one of them.

Was there extenuating circumstances?
Of course there were/are.

No excuse though for killing innocent people, including children.

I'll discuss all topics in threads of their own.

One thing that is true, #s are #s and killing innocent people is wrong regardless if you're UDA/UVF/IRA/INLA or IDF/Hezbollah/Hamas etc.

How any of that # has anything to do with 'The UK is collapsing fast' is beyond me.

posted on Sep, 1 2024 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: McGinty
He is pro Hamas, pro IRA, and he wanted to disband the Army.

I often read in the papers that he was pro-hamas and IRA. But whenever i heard him speak about it he was only pro-talking with them to negotiate peace. I judged his pov as there being 2 sides to an argument and without acknowledging that there'll be no peace. Sometimes that's a fools policy, as with Chamberlain and Hitler. But in terrorist 'freedom fighter' situations discourse is probably the only solution.

Caveat: 'freedom fighters' in that this is how they view themselves. They won't stop their gorilla warfare unless we acknowledge this. That doesn't mean we agree, just that we understand what's necessary to find peace. Much foreign policy seems almost designed to ensure no dialogue, no peace

Israel and Ireland are good examples in which Corbyn's approach would help, whereas current policy has brought us to this terrible point.

I didn't agree with him on nuclear subs - that was naive imo. But if i wait for a leader i agree on everything with i'll never vote. Overall Corbyn was a better choice.

posted on Sep, 1 2024 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Weasel words.

I remember those IRA bombings of civilians.

OK. So do i. I hated it.
But you dont remember the so called impartial police force, RUC, murdering our civilians?
Or the the British army doing exactly the same?
Or the UDA doing the same?
Maybe the LVF doing it might help you remember?

Weasel words my arse.

The infamous Loyalist 'death squads' helped by mi5, RUC, security forces.

Over a twenty-five year period between 1969 and the paramilitary ceasefires of 1994, Loyalist death squads killed hundreds of innocent Catholics in random sectarian attacks, and were responsible for the worst atrocities - the bombing of McGurk s bar in Belfast in December 1971, in which 15 people were killed

LINK TO ARTICLE ON THE NORTH OF IRELAND

And i was using Palestine as a modern example and you damn well know it.

Unfortunately there are always civilian casualties in war, and our war with youz was just that.

Nobody won, except we achieved peace, as fragile as it was, its held now for near 30 years.

posted on Sep, 1 2024 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge2

Your "war" deliberately targeted Pubs, shopping centers, ie civilians.

They weren't "collateral".

Terrorism.

posted on Sep, 1 2024 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Your 'war' deliberately targeted pubs and clubs too, i.e. civilians.

Our gaelic football clubs.

Terrorism right back at you.

It was on both sides, some of us are big enough to admit that.

Did you not read the quote i posted?

Cant you see that for every 'terrorism' point you make, i can too?

Loyalist death squads helped by the crown forces.

You dont get to stick your nose in the air and look down at what the IRA did. Your people did exactly the same.
edit on 1 9 2024 by SecretKnowledge2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2024 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Yes, on both sides.

But we were discussing the IRA, specifically, and your comment about "civilian casualties" as if they were not actually targeted.

Both in Ireland and on the UK mainland.

But we digress.

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 02:15 AM
link   

But we were discussing the IRA, specifically, and your comment about "civilian casualties" as if they were not actually targeted

You mean exactly like your side did too?

Dont try to take the moral high ground, like i said. Whatever you say we did, i will return with the same words.

I put up a quote about a loyalist bombing of a pub. Targeted civilians.

Dont be that person.
Both sides did some horrible nasty sh1te. But for some reason you and your ilk pretend your side didn't murder innocent civilians.
Youz bombed civilians as well.

WE BOTH DID. Get that into your head please.

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 04:46 AM
link   

I didn't pretend anything of the sort. Both sides did this. But we were talking about the IRA.

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

I didn't pretend anything of the sort. Both sides did this. But we were talking about the IRA.

Yes you are correct, we were talking about the 'RA.

But you had to go and say this

Weasel words.

Which quite frankly is insulting. So i had to shoot back. Im not taking that attitude when both sides committed bombings of civilians but you pretend your side didnt.

I had to reply, i hope you can see that.

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 09:53 AM
link   
So, today, hundreds of prisoners have been released early from jail..... no doubt to make room for all the people who will be protesting..... because the Government has also won the vote on stopping winter fuel payments to the elderly, whilst immigrants will be warm and toastie in their hotels and flats and not paying a penny for heating costs.
I've also heard they are considering stopping bus passes!
This is beyond clown world, it's beyond bonkers, this is just callous with more to come no doubt.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

WOW,
stopping winter fuel payments on the elderly is callous enough. But to take away their bus/travel passes is a step way too far.
So they want the elderly to stay at home freezing cold, with nowhere to travel to coz they wont be able to afford it.
All their money will be spent on fuel costs.

This is sickening, i can barely comprehend the consequences of these actions.
Wait til the first elderly person dies of hypothermia.

I keep saying it but some group, some brave people have got to stop the boats. Its the only way as far as i can see anyway. Giving them apartments fully kitted out is only going to want thousands upon tens of thousands wanting to get to Britain.
It stinks something rotten. Something big is gonna have to occur to stop this.

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Just for clarification, the bus passes are just a roumour heard around the halls of Westminster atm...... nothing as yet declared. But given today's vote on winter fuel payments going through, this will embolden the Labour party to pass more disgusting laws!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 11:23 AM
link   

And Labour called Thatcher "Milk Snatcher"?

PS:

Apparently the Minister "misspoke".

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Let the cat out of the bag, perhaps?
edit on 10-9-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: annonentity

Just a thought annonentity.

You posted this nonsense back on 26 August.

Are you sure the UK is "collapsing fast"?

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 11:32 AM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Well done Starmer.

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 02:06 PM
link   

So they really are not giving pensioners support for fuel over the winter?

JFC

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 02:20 PM
link   

They are making it hell of a complicated to get it.

Which for pensioners can amount to the same thing.

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I think I'm leaning with the cat. Mind you, buses could be full of pensioners over the winter months..... just trying to keep warm!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Correct...... over 300 MP's agreed/voted to remove the winter heating allowance for pensioners.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 05:28 PM
link   

When my grandparents were on the pension , they had coal gas and a coal bunker out the back. That was in the nineteen sixties, they were not hard up even though their only income was the state pension. So how anyone can say things have not collapsed from that stage to the one that exists now needs their head examining.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join