It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UK collapsing fast

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2024 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The thing is there only a fewer cathedrals compared to churches and they are more revered than churches so they are more protected. The danger (if you could call it that) is consecration. It's quite easy to talk about churches falling into dis repair and then repurposing them, BUT, when there is a consecrated churchyard (consecrated burial ground) it throws up religious/ethical grounds. By permission of an act of parliament or a decision by the church synod anyone can get the grounds deconsecrated but if any living relatives of any deceased people buried there that is when trouble is caused as relatives have been buried under Christian consecrated land. Not withstanding that the burials might have to be disinterred and reburied elsewhere.

posted on Aug, 29 2024 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Six years for manslaughter.
Not enough.

Should be lifed off, no if's or but's.

posted on Aug, 29 2024 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I'd look up the sentencing guidelines but they would only make me grumpy. Well, even more grumpy than usual...

posted on Aug, 29 2024 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
One of our big problems is smack head scum like this piece of trash:

BBC News - Mobility scooter thief who left man to die is jailed
www.bbc.com...

She stole this disabled blokes mobility scooter dragging him with it over the ground in the early hours of a freezing cold night leaving him helpless as she drove off. He basically froze to death.

Six years for manslaughter.

Not enough.

hopefully a special place in hell for that rotten bitch

posted on Aug, 29 2024 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown2

Most assuredly!

posted on Aug, 29 2024 @ 11:07 AM
link   

If the sentencing guidelines prohibit a life sentence then we need to reform the sentencing guidelines....its pretty simple really isn't it.

Far too much emphasis on rehabilitation for the offenders rather than punishment of the offenders and justice for the victims and their families.

Alas we have governments and politicians who are more interested and concerned in social engineering and imposing THEIR petty dislikes on others rather than addressing the core issues that the vast majority of us want sorting.

posted on Aug, 29 2024 @ 11:10 AM
link   

What gets me is the automatic one third discount for pleading guilty. It should be left to the Judge's discretion!

If someone is guilty as hell why give them credit for going guilty?

posted on Aug, 29 2024 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Never really understood that mate.
I get it that if someone continually pleads innocent and is guilty as hell they are showing no remorse etc....but surely that should mean they get extended sentences?

posted on Aug, 29 2024 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Showing no remorse is a factor but, yes.

posted on Aug, 29 2024 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The Dear Leader has said he is worried about our health because sick grunts are unproductive grunts so for our own good Kier Jong Un will ban smoking in pub beer gardens , outside Nightclubs , theatres and Football stadiums.

The control freakery of this man is off the scale , wave goodbye to the already struggling British pub.

A pub regular speaks out.

posted on Aug, 29 2024 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

And with his arrogance he further distances and alienates himself from the ordinary man in the street.

I wonder when the last time he was in a regular, everyday local sort of pub simply having a few pints with family and/or friends, having a laugh etc?

Blair said he wanted to destroy the pub culture and he did a good job of starting it.
The Tories completely #ed the pub industry over and it seems Kier Stalin wants to finish the job off.

Is it any coincidence that 'the pub' as it at the very core of British working class society?
Where we meet, talk and discuss things.....including pompous, arrogant politicians and overbearing, dictatorial governments.

edit on 29/8/24 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Aug, 29 2024 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

A step too far!

They will have to prize my pint and my fag from my cold, dead fingers.

Oi! Starmer! Noooooo! You Muppet!

posted on Aug, 29 2024 @ 12:01 PM
link   

"Blair said he wanted to destroy the pub culture".

He did?!!! What a Jeremy!

posted on Aug, 29 2024 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Most revolutions started in a pub.

posted on Aug, 29 2024 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I'm sure the Police will be delighted having to enforce this whilst all the burglaries, assaults, RTA's, rapes etc go unattended.

I'd love to see someone try to enforce this is some of the pubs I go to....it would be quite comical.

People reluctantly accepted the smoking ban inside pubs because most people could understand the reasoning, this is just punitive and serves no practical purpose whatsoever.
Why not let pub landlords make their own decision? If they want smoking in their beer gardens etc simply put up a sign for all to see, if people don't like smoking simply don't go in - their choice.
Or is that too simple?

posted on Aug, 29 2024 @ 12:12 PM
link   
First they came for the smokers...etc.

Nanny State strikes again?

It's like the recommended weekly units of alcohol.

That's what I call "Lunch".

I can see the day when I go to the supermarket checkout with a couple of bottles of wine and "I'm sorry, you have exceeded your number of allowed alcohol units. I'm going to have to call Security".

I'm not joking!

posted on Aug, 29 2024 @ 12:13 PM
link   

"Choice"? That is being eroded.

posted on Aug, 29 2024 @ 12:16 PM
link   

That'll come afterwards once they move to a cashless society.
All purchases will be monitored, going over your weekly allowance will not be allowed and purchase denied.

I hope that's still a few years off and I'll be either pushing up daisies or unable to remember my own name.

posted on Aug, 29 2024 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I seem to remember James Hunt sitting in his car smoking while it was being refueled?

posted on Aug, 29 2024 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Sugar, salt etc too.

"Oi! Fat bird at till 5! Put the pie and the crisps down and step away"!

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join