It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vice President Kamala Harris lays out economic policy in North Carolina speech LIVE today

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: putnam6

let the government control pricing. What a fantastic idea! What could possibly go wrong.

Now what I really want to see, is the idiot lefties here try to explain why this is a great and brilliant move.

Up first on the price control list we have...

Night Train wine
Blunts
Red Lobster
Waffle House
Chicken
Waffle mix
Target
Walmart

edit - On a serious note if voters, in particular retailers, think about this for a moment, this policy will backfire bigly! Why? Because this means an instantaneous drop in profits (likely into loss territory) with no relief on the cost side of the fence.

This will wipe out small businesses, and big business will just ignore it and continue to gouge consumers.

Blunts, waffle house and chicken huh?

Why not say what you're dying in your heart to say out loud?

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

Of course AFTER the intended damage is done, and it continues but at a slightly slower pace.

But the real numbers increase worse because even with a lower factor, the increase is multiplying from a price already mass inflated.

The real solution is to drop prices below The Biden levels.

Real math and real arithmetic applies, and the lies are exposed.

The joke's on you. 😎

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: EyeoftheHurricane

Except competitive capitalism requires competition. Not conspiring with your "competitors" to keep prices high so you all maximize profits.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I didn't watch the nitwit DEI Queen but am I reading these comments right?

She wants to institute government price controls? For all goods across the board?
Or what is she talking about here?

If true, that's how you say you are a Communist without actually saying it.

edit on 16-8-2024 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer

Except competitive capitalism requires competition. Not conspiring with your "competitors" to keep prices high so you all maximize profits.

O_ooo that sounds like fun. Can we get some verified examples of how that has happened? 🤣

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: putnam6

let the government control pricing. What a fantastic idea! What could possibly go wrong.

Now what I really want to see, is the idiot lefties here try to explain why this is a great and brilliant move.

Yes, like turning our health care system into a dmv for health

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Nice try at some BIG TIME misinformation!!!

Let's look at the REAL CPI over a longer timeframe, shall we???

Notice how consumer prices and inflation were low ALL the way across Trump's administration, but suddenly shot up under the Biden administration????

What do you think that means? I'll tell you. The mythical "Inflation Reduction Act" did nothing more than attempt to fix some of the very same problems brought on by the Biden administration itself!

edit - Just in case you need some help interpreting the graph...

What your graph shows is ONLY the Biden portion. This graph shows both. Still want to make the same claim?

I don't think you want me to put lines in for Obama, Bush II, Clinton and Bush I...it'll look even worse for democrats!

edit on 8/16/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Competitive capitalism is a function of free enterprise, which is barely functional anymore in the US.
Monopolistic competition is being the only gas station open on your corner.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I wonder if there was some major event in 2020 that disrupted the economy on a global scale.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

She's proposing a federal law on price gouging groceries, which apparently doesn't already exist, and fining suppliers that seek to maximize profits during times of crises by taking advantage of consumers.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 03:19 PM
link   

There was indeed some "event", it was called covid. Covid is over, and it was over for an entire year before the IRA was passed, yet prices are still higher than they were before covid. All Biden has done, if anything, was attempt to fix some of his own problems.

And who was it who kept everyone locked down for so long for a 'event' and destroy the world economy in the process, hmmmm??? A non-event which a certain administration used to destroy an economy so they had to "fix" it??

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 03:19 PM
link   

She's proposing a federal law on price gouging groceries, which apparently doesn't already exist, and fining suppliers that seek to maximize profits during times of crises by taking advantage of consumers.

The only crisis is the Biden/Harris administration dumpster fire.

She's never had a job in the private sector to be able to understand basic economics.

But she will have to get a private sector job when Trump gets sworn in in Jan 2025.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Have they published details? Or is it a fantasy? 😀

Here's some actual facts: (this is WITH high "gouging" prices!!!) (so WHO is really nuts?) 🤣

(July 3, 2024) Grocery industry profit margins fall to pre-pandemic levels: FMI

In 2023, profit margins in the grocery industry hit 1.6% — the lowest level since it was 1% in 2019 — as total expenses increased, FMI found. The industry’s slowed same-store sales growth of 2.1% last year was driven by inflation.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Prices for everything sky rocketed during COVID and they never really went back down. But years later she wants to do something about that? Ha! Blowing smoke! Little too late now moron.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CarlLaFong

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

And how has the US' post-COVID recovery faired compared to the rest of the world?

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181

They've definitely come down where I am. Last Saturday I was able to get a week's worth of groceries for a family of three for under $100.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 03:35 PM
link   

a reply to: 38181

They've definitely come down where I am. Last Saturday I was able to get a week's worth of groceries for a family of three for under $100.

Bull.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 03:36 PM
link   
What matters in this election is the USA, not the rest of the World.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Just for sh!ts and giggles (not the Harris kind), I decided to just plot the different administrations across that CPI graph.

You can decide what to make of it. Seems pretty apparent to me (with Bush II being an outlier).

edit on 8/16/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join