It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vice President Kamala Harris lays out economic policy in North Carolina speech LIVE today

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I mean experts like Nobel laureate economists.

16 Nobel Prize-winning economists say Trump policies will fuel inflation

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

Obama won a nobel prize too you know.

Ronald McDonald is in the running this year. I'd say he's got a pretty good chance.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 01:19 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
Is it price controls or is she simply planning on going after companies and industries that are price gouging?.

Who says grocery companies and the food industry are 'price gouging'?
Their expenses are going up due to Biden/Harris policies.
They are passing that expense to the consumer who pays higher prices.

The Biden/Harris policies will continue to push expenses higher.
And if they make it so the food industry can't raise their prices,
to cover the cost of the expenses, then the food industry will go bankrupt
and we will all go hungry.

No .. what needs to happen is the Biden/Harris administration needs
to change their policies and stop causing everything to be so expensive.
They can start by going back to the Trump energy policies that made us
energy independent. Prices were lower. Inflation wasn't happening.

link   

Just like the intelligence experts that claimed Hunter's laptop was Russian disinformation

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 01:20 PM
link   

If it was going to be antitrust suits, I think it would be more politically sound to say that instead of leaning into price controls. The latter is a bad idea with disastrous consequences.

In terms of the first time home buyers initiative, that will put a lot of buy pressure on the housing market causing prices to go up. That’s basically what happened when interest rates were artificially low.

The best way to deal with the economy IMO is to handle the functions you’re already in charge of. Meaning, address the parts that have always been in the governments scope like monetary supply, inflation, interest rates, ect.

You’re right that some corporations have been posting record quarters while not lowering prices as there’s been perceived gains in the economy. In theory that would eventually bite them, if prices get too high, I buy less.

I’m not sure how the government could address that without unintended consequences.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 01:22 PM
link   

link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

No .. what needs to happen is the Biden/Harris administration needs to change their policies and stop causing everything to be so expensive. They can start by going back to the Trump energy policies that made us energy independent. Prices were lower. Inflation wasn't happening.

We produce more oil now than we did under Trump. I don’t think that’s the main cause of inflation.

link   

It's a fact that prices aren't coming down with inflation, meanwhile these companies are posting record profits.

They also have record high expenses.
Thanks Joe and Kamala.
Bidenflation, the predecessor of KAMALA Harris government seizure of the markets.
After she controls the price, she’ll go after full control of the production.
See how this goes yet?
edit on Fri Aug 16 2024 by DontTreadOnMe because: political name Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (Redux)

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 01:24 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Once again, there's already litigation going on up the supply chain because multiple major companies were working together to keep their prices high.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: putnam6

Probably a result of a couple of factors.

1. They don't really widely publish the movements of candidates for security reasons.

2. And yes, probably an ad-hoc event in direct response to criticisms about not making appearances other than planned campaign stops where Harris is clearly reading from the same script at each one of them.

Unfortunately, I'm so angry about all the shenanigans and BS going on right now, I can't bring myself to watch it. Ordinarily I would, but I'm going to have to sit this one out.

edit - Okay, I went to watch, but she's not even there yet, and I'll be damned if I'm gonna' wait on Harris.

Yeah, she is just now on...

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

But is she leaning into price controls? Or is that just the narrative the Right is putting out there?

The way I've seen the policy framed is by calling back to Harris' time as a litigator in California where she targeted companies that were artificially inflating their prices.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I don’t think Trump has a chance of winning at all, if he doesn’t win NC.
So that’s why she is there. Also because Trump was there to talk about the economy. But he never really focused on it.
Just like yesterday with the sausages and Froot Loops. Couldn’t stay on topic.

As far as price controls. I’m not sure if that’s how it’s going to be presented.
It will be presented as price gouging. With penalties. Is there a difference? Maybe.
I suppose it would have to be obvious.
edit on 16-8-2024 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I tried...I, I, I just can't do it!

I made it through 3 maybe 4 minutes...heard the "Opportunity Economy part...where everyone can compete...blah, blah" (with no explanation of "how" or "what" that means)

I'm sorry, I just can't do it; I can't watch. I'll read about it later.

GAH!! (sigh)

edit - I tried tuning in again, and now she's telling stories (filling time). I tried to see if there were subtitles, but there aren't. I can't do it.

edit on 8/16/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
I'll wait to hear what the experts say. It certainly can't be worse than their appraisal of Trump's proposed policy.

Just use common sense and stop thinking about Trump. Cost of living varies by state, how would making prices the same help? It's not rocket science.
edit on 16-8-2024 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 01:35 PM
link   

But is she leaning into price controls? Or is that just the narrative the Right is putting out there?

That I’m unsure on.

It’s hard to say since she’s been elusive on what her policy is. And at this point I’m pretty skeptical on how seriously she will take the platform she campaigns on. They’ve had too long to focus group the hell out of it and just sell what will get votes.

I know where I stand on any given day. Even if I got cast into a strange position where I had to publish it quickly, I would just need a day to polish it up and make it presentable. If your career is in politics, you should be keeping that up to date like a resume, because it is one.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 01:39 PM
link   
lol sounds like she's saying the current Bidenomics are a failure 🤣🤣🤣

She's not saying how anything she says can get done. Just revenge and useless citations lol lol

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 01:40 PM
link   
But Kamala, we already have higher prices lol 🤣🤣

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Biden also cut some Medicare Advantage benefits. Will she say that? 🤣🤣

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join