It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

55-year-old Woman Arrested for Posting Inaccurate Information

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
Arrested on suspicion...

Arrest in the UK isn't the same as arrest in the US. It's the same as being detained in the US while being charged with an offence in the UK is the same as being arrested in the US.

Flooding the streets with illegal weapons is unlikely to achieve anything other than a huge increase in murder rates. Over 70% of people charged so far in the riots have been career criminals and wouldn't legally be able to own guns in the US.

One guy even tried even tried to plead for leniency as it had been three years since his last criminal conviction before the judge pointed out the reason for this is he'd only just been released from jail.

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
By the way, this woman has not been done for just posting "inaccurate information" so the thread title is, indeed, inaccurate information.

What are the alleged reasons? I don't have twitter but it appears to be multiple offences from the police post.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

I don't know the full details yet.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I would be so screwed if I lived in the UK again.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

One guy even tried even tried to plead for leniency as it had been three years since his last criminal conviction before the judge pointed out the reason for this is he'd only just been released from jail.

Well he was technically correct.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Don't worry, you're just as screwed over there.

There's a lot of it about.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: BedevereTheWise

Yep, that was a "novel" argument! 😀

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Maybe Karen should not jump the gun on facebook and name and shame individuals who have nothing to do with the stabbing.

Setting up people to get killed.

edit on 9-8-2024 by Greazel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Greazel

Maybe Karen should not jump the gun on facebook and name and shame individuals who have nothing to do with the stabbing.

There was no individual to shame the name and story that went with it were made up.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greazel

Setting up people to get killed.

Yeah dead right, except, it should be a civil matter. anyone harmed by her bull should be able to sue her into the ground.
This whole sending the cops round thing belongs in the pages of fiction.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

No. It's up to Police to uphold the Criminal law, not private individuals.

Of course, they can still sue but a judgment for substantial damages against someone with little or no assets is not worth the paper it's written on.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Yesterday 53 year old Steven Mailen from Teesside was sentenced to 26 months for shouting at police.

Steven Mailen is the first person to be sentenced in Teesside for his involvement in the violent disorder in Hartlepool on Wednesday 31st July. Judge Laird jailed him for 26 months. The 53-year-old was constantly in the face of officers gesticulating and shouting at them.
x.com...

Really , 26 months ?

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Of course, they can still sue but a judgment for substantial damages against someone with little or no assets is not worth the paper it's written on.

Isn't that the crux of the matter? Criminalizing speech, opinions and thought?

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Yep. Ridiculous. That's what happens when the judicial system gets politicised.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 01:08 PM
link   

edit on 9-8-2024 by Whiteknite007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Moon68

No. Inciting hatred, rioting and criminal behaviour.

So, if I posted your address and called for some nutjobs to go and firebomb you you'd say, "hey, that's ok, free speech and all that"?
edit on 9-8-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

Oops. May have replied to wrong poster?
edit on 9-8-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I would hate to be the name she reported if she got it wrong and my house was fire bombed when my grandchild was staying that night and something nasty was to happen to him or us.. You keep on spouting rubbish though.. You live on the other side of the country or world, you don't care if this behaviour is right or wrong.. yes i am from Liverpool and they don't mess with this information very slow.. Dead Heads jump in both feet first..a reply to: gortex

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 01:14 PM
link   

My point was it absolutely should not be criminal law its the sort of thing that cops should never be wasting their time with.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Free speech is one thing but hate speech a different matter, the same with inciting hatred i suppose.

That's got to be against the law.

Because some people choose to take on board the claims made, true or false, it does not really matter at the time, and act on them.
edit on 9-8-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Free speech is one thing but hate speech a different matter, the same with inciting hatred i suppose.

That's got to be against the law.

I disagree. If someone says something nasty, dry your eyes princess.
And I say that as someone who has formerly been in favour of pond scum like that man yoo fan with 97 was not enough on his back getting done for it, but in my more lucid moments this is akin to the church persecuting people who knew that the earth revolved around the sun.

If someone is right in front of you and mouthing off, feel free to smack them, involving the cops though, should throw yourself in gaol

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 01:28 PM
link   

a reply to: Moon68

No. Inciting hatred, rioting and criminal behaviour.

So, if I posted your address and called for some nutjobs to go and firebomb you you'd say, "hey, that's ok, free speech and all that"?

Oops. May have replied to wrong poster?

Nah, you probably responded to the right one. Our 1st Amendment isn't without some restrictions, shouting fire in a crowded theatre for example or, as you stated, calling for a firebombing. Inflammatory rhetoric on the other hand, as long as it doesn't call for direct harm, is legal. There are also doxxing laws in place to protect privacy and offer legal recourse to the victims of such.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join