It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

55-year-old Woman Arrested for Posting Inaccurate Information

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

They won't do anything with CCTV footage of burglars.

Unless they are far right thugs.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

I phoned the cops weeks ago to report the neighbours 2 streets away fighting and smashing windows and did this anonymous, ,nothing major just told them to get the emergency joiner out to board them up and get someone to look into these 2 ladies going orbital with each other as their spat has been going on weeks and I could hear 2 streets away how noisy it was at 1 am .

5 minutes later they turned up at my back door banging , when I asked these 2 f wits why the had come to my back door they said they did not realise it was the back kitchen door , like all the bins and sheds were not a major clue .

I phoned the operation centre the next day and tore strips into them and sent a text to a pal joking about it and how cops banging at my door gives me ptsd .

They turned up at my front door a hour or so later asking me what I meant by PTSD , ikyn .

Shows all comma are being monitored but as you say try and report a crime and they do not attend in most areas of the UK they just give you a incident number or turn up days later

edit on 9/8/2024 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Arrested on suspicion...

Absolutely insane.

If Trump wins, we need to petition him to send weapons to the British people.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Oh, it's not for Police.

As i dont imagine they would do much constructive with the footage.

If they canny be bothered to even send officers to attend.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

You can keep your weapons.

We only just finished paying off the debt for the last lot in 2006.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

So much for "swift justice being dispensed".

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 07:06 AM
link   
It's overzealous and naive of the gov. This arrest is pouring fuel on the fire. Extremists can magnify it to recruit the disenfranchised to their way of thinking; marginalising the majority never ends well. It's how that other extremist, Hitler conned a nation into blaming scapegoats for all their ills and ultimately ignored, even helped the extermination. Starmer is creating fertile ground for Hitlers to capitalise on.

Or maybe Starmer wants unrest - wants to encourage far rights recruitment so that there's a narrative for more draconian big brother policy!

But if not he needs to play smarter, by being as vocal about addressing the masses concern over out of control immigration as he is about the Right's violence (which is indeed wrong)

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 07:08 AM
link   

I think we could do it with individual donations, free of charge.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Elon Musk has tweeted a deleted offensive post made by Labour MP Lauren Edwards.
Ms Edwards has responded.

Seems like Hate Speech to me , but will there be a knock on her Parliamentary door I wonder.

Well played Mr Musk.

edit on 9-8-2024 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Not legally you could not.

Which would mean you would essentially be placing illegal items into the hands of some rather questionable characters.

Picturing that lot who choose to riot doing so with the likes of AR-15 and handguns is not a scenario any sane person would wish to witness by my guess.

For a start the army would indeed be on the streets.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I may be wrong but I suspect this woman was arrested not just for posting the inaccurate information alone-Linking to a disinfo news article is not (yet)a crime,even in clown commie Britain.

The cheshire police tweet stated she was arrested "on suspicion of a number of offences in relation to a social media post containing inaccurate information about the identity of the attacker"

My understanding of the law is that posting the disinfo news article itself is not breaking the law-so I think its likely the woman called for violence or encouraged people to riot on the basis of the disinfo news link.

If that is the case,then the disinfo link was not the reason for the arrest-as the cops stated she is under suspicion of a "number of offences."

We should find out when she is charged.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
Arresting her seems over the top but she has made a career out of spreading total bollocks on tiktok and GBNews.

rationalwiki.org...

So has mainstream media, and they are far worse.

By that "logic", we should see dozens of MSM "journalists" arrested for "misinformation", right ?

1984, Yay !!!!
edit on 9-8-2024 by Tolkien because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Like we give a rat's ass about your laws.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 07:20 AM
link   

A friend years ago told me he sent a text about something to do with car repairs as he was a mechanic and not long after the cops had turned up questioning him about the text message.

I know believe what he told me after seeing how quickly they turned up at my door and that was me just trying to be a decent citizen as I know for a fact the emergency joiner will not attend a incident if their is no one in the house as a few weeks before my asshole drunk neighbour had smashed his window in the early hours of the morning .

When the joiner / carpenter turned up he was away on the piss again and the guy would not board the window up without the resident being there .

It shows me that all communications are being monitored even old farts like me are being watched 24/7 .

edit on 9/8/2024 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: onestonemonkey

According to Police this seems to be the charge.

suspicion of publishing written material to stir up racial hatred and false communications

Suppose there may be others we are not yet aware of.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Right back at ya! x

And if you were to attempt to sell unscrupulous characters illegal firearms in the UK you might care.

Extradition laws and all that jazz.
edit on 9-8-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

She needs a lawyer who deals with cases regardingThe European Convention On Human Rights.

Article 10 of the convention states.

" Everyone has the right to freedom of expression. This right shall include freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart information and ideas without interference by public authority and regardless of frontiers."

Article 17 states.

" Nothing in this Convention may be interpreted as implying for any State, group or person any right to engage in any activity or perform any act aimed at the destruction of any of the rights and freedoms set forth herein or at their limitation to a greater extent than is provided for in the Convention. "

www.cps.gov.uk...

Prosecutors have tried to use Article 17 to bring convictions. However this article makes interesting observations.

The ECtHR has an extensive track record of examining lies and measuring legal interferences with falsities against fundamental rights. Through this case law, the Court has made important distinctions that can inform policy makers in this critical area. For example, it can be said with certainty that the innocent sharing of false information should not be met with criminal sanctions. Through its distinction between facts and value judgements, the Court has pointed out that opinions are less “susceptible of proof,” and must therefore be protected more robustly than false assertions of fact (Lingens vs Austria, 1986). This is relevant when assessing false information online in the current context. Misinformation, unlike disinformation, is shared without the person knowing that the information is false. Accordingly, people who mistakenly share this type of false information should not be sanctioned.

www.ejiltalk.org...

Over to the lawyers.

edit on 9-8-2024 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: onestonemonkey

Agreed.

More to it than just posting "misinformation" I suspect. We'll see.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Nah.

Estonians are White people, right ?
So, that means f*ck'em, right ?

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Well, the police and legal system still need to prove that her specific post was the one that incited the riots, where many other posts similar to hers were also posted online.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join