It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

55-year-old Woman Arrested for Posting Inaccurate Information

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Welcome to our Dystopian future people , today a 55 year old woman from near Chester got a knock on the door by the thought police after posting the name of the Southport knife attacker which turned out to be false.

The 55-year-old, from near Chester, was arrested earlier over a post which was published online containing inaccurate information about the identity of the suspect accused of the killings of three young girls in Southport, Cheshire Police said.

She is being questioned in police custody.

Chief Supt Alison Ross issued a "stark reminder" of the dangers of posting unchecked information.

Ms Ross said: "We have all seen the violent disorder that has taken place across the UK over the past week, much of which has been fuelled by malicious and inaccurate communications online.

"It’s a stark reminder of the dangers of posting information on social media platforms without checking the accuracy."
www.bbc.co.uk...

Tread carefully friends.

edit on 9-8-2024 by gortex because: edit to add video

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 03:26 AM
link   
i will never forget the evening in May of 2017 when I saw reports of the Manchester concert suicide bombing. An Islamic terrorist detonated a bomb that killed 22 people and injured over a thousand.
The next day, a police spokesman went on the news saying he understood that people were upset, but "Anti-Islamic rhetoric won't be tolerated." That shocked me.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

She added that "we are all accountable for our actions, whether that be online or in person".
www.bbc.co.uk...

. . . former Stasi officials were prosecuted for their crimes[7] and the surveillance files that the Stasi had maintained on millions of East Germans were declassified so that all citizens could inspect their personal files on request.
en.wikipedia.org...

It's going to be heavy work in years to come, sifting through all the evidence and holding the organisers of this clown-time accountable. Funny how almost no-one turned out for the media advertised 'big gatherings' except the gullible counter protesters. This tells us who needs to be held accountable for fuelling, or attempting to fuel, disorder.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger2

Our government hates us mate , anyone who has pride in their country , its history and traditions , and who fear for its future seem to be seen as an enemy of the state , our freedom of speech have been curtailed over the years but now under this brave new world government we are being corralled into a state of acceptance , walk their path and stay safe or deviate and face the draconian consequences.

Free no more.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 04:10 AM
link   
The UK does have an extradition agreement with Romania.

Considering the lies and pictures Andrew Tate chose to post about the person responsible for the horrendous attack.

Being a 55-year-old Muslim just off the boats.

I would think the Police would be wanting a few words.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Arresting her seems over the top but she has made a career out of spreading total bollocks on tiktok and GBNews.

rationalwiki.org...

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Oh, Britain, you really do have more pressing issues to deal with ... 🙄

"Cheirs" 😇

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Oh you applaud this…oh.

Changes how I think of you drastically.
a reply to: andy06shake

edit on 9-8-2024 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

I am not applauding anything, please dont try and put words in my mouth.

I think Police are being somewhat overzealous with their arrest of the lady in question and probably have bigger fish to fry.

Like the man I mentioned for a start.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 04:38 AM
link   
You would love for someone you dislike to be arrested for posting “inaccurate information”

You are the problem Andy.

I need not put any words to you.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

And that's a personal attack, because it all you have.

Water off a duck back to me little bit.

What i would love is for things to calm down and for something to be done about the imigration problems the nation faces.

Legally and without anybody else rioting or destroying the place.

I also wish to see every single one of the little swine that choose to riot and destroy our towns and streets, no matter what colour creed or religion they happen to be, held accountable, and prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
edit on 9-8-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Arresting people isn't the best answer, but we do need to do something about all the misinformation and propaganda spreading across the internet.
The main reason the first riots happened was because people purposely spread lies and false info' about the sicko that attacked and murdered those poor girls. The 17 year old was a black christian born in Cardiff from Rawandan parents, and not an illegal muslim immigrant.

Russia, Iran and China now have massive factories of trolls and hackers created purely to push disinformation here in the west and devide us because they can't beat us in full out war yet, why fight at all when you can get your enemy to do it to itself....
We do need to get a grip of this stuff some how.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 05:17 AM
link   
The cops cannot monitor their own emails inboxes for abuse victims who try and report crimes against them by partners and left them unmonitored for 9 months ,That story is on BBC red button today .

Yet the plod will be round in hours if you post anything om SM .

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Minority report scenario is almost here...

Even if you think it but don't say it...

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

Arresting people isn't the best answer, but we do need to do something about all the misinformation and propaganda spreading across the internet.
The main reason the first riots happened was because people purposely spread lies and false info' about the sicko that attacked and murdered those poor girls. The 17 year old was a black christian born in Cardiff from Rawandan parents, and not an illegal muslim immigrant.

Russia, Iran and China now have massive factories of trolls and hackers created purely to push disinformation here in the west and devide us because they can't beat us in full out war yet, why fight at all when you can get your enemy to do it to itself....
We do need to get a grip of this stuff some how.

These riots had been brewing since the Manchester Arena bombing... just needed a match to light the fuse and that's what happened with this latest stabbing and murder incident!

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

I saw that, too.

Disgraceful.

Try reporting a burglary, they are too busy to come out.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: xWorldxGonexMadx

These riots had been brewing since the Manchester Arena bombing... just needed a match to light the fuse and that's what happened with this latest stabbing and murder incident!

That and all of the other incidents that have happened since , the changing face of our communities , illegal undocumented migrants walking our streets causing trouble , the stabbing of the Army officer not long before and the murder of the female dog walker on the 24th of last month who police are yet to release the names and status of those arrested have all contributed.

We've been lied to by politicians for years it's no surprise some people have had enough , sadly this new government have shown early they have no intension of listening to the concerns of the population and intend to welcome the detritus other countries don't want and rule by diktat over those who don't agree with their plan but will have to pay for it both through Tax and falling living standards.

Kier Starmer's Labour party will destroy this country and the life we once knew and there's bugger all we can do about it , I think that is what is fuelling the anger not the simplistic narrative being pushed by the MSM.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

They are a fecking disgrace in that area also!

Seem to recall something to the effect of theft of anything that does not total over the value of £2000 may not even be prosecuted.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Wouldn't surprise me.

Burglary is a heinous crime.

Those that commit it should feel the full force of the law.

But they don't.

posted on Aug, 9 2024 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

One of the worst imho.

That's why we have CCTV(wireless IP cameras) covering the garden and entrances to the house.

So if anything should go awry or ""missing"" we may have a chance of getting it back or tracking down the actual culprits.

Because the Police dont come out until 2 days later.

Lucky if you will even see a forensics team, who will inevitably claim the time since the event has corrupted the crime scene(that old chestnut) and be on their way to "Dunkin" in two shakes of a lambs tale.

Clown shows with respect to burglary, and by the looks of thats nationwide.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join