It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

55-year-old Woman Arrested for Posting Inaccurate Information

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

He's right.

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 01:57 PM
link   

20 years ago this would have been unthinkable to most.

Chalk up another “conspiracy theory” that is no longer a theory.

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Coelacanth55

originally posted by: Tolkien

originally posted by: bastion
Arresting her seems over the top but she has made a career out of spreading total bollocks on tiktok and GBNews.

rationalwiki.org...

So has mainstream media, and they are far worse.

By that "logic", we should see dozens of MSM "journalists" arrested for "misinformation", right ?

1984, Yay !!!!

I suspect the media will be exempt from this

Und ya !

Ze Media vill be exZempted, IF Ze MEdia fully zupports ze Narratives of Ze ReichMarshall Keir STarmer.

Heil Starmer !
Ya !!

posted on Aug, 10 2024 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOS

20 years ago this would have been unthinkable to most.

Chalk up another “conspiracy theory” that is no longer a theory.

Well yes.

20 years ago they certainly would not have been investigating posts on Twitter or Facebook.

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Labour's Secretary of State for Education and Minister for Women and Equalities Bridget Phillipson is planning on changing the curriculum in primary and secondary schools to teach children how to spot "Fake News" , she also wants more teaching of cultural subjects , not our culture I'm guessing.

The hand that rocks the cradle.

Ms Phillipson told The Telegraph: "It's more important than ever that we give young people the knowledge and skills to be able to challenge what they see online.

"That's why our curriculum review will develop plans to embed critical skills in lessons to arm our children against the disinformation, fake news and putrid conspiracy theories awash on social media.

"Our renewed curriculum will always put high and rising standards in core subjects - that's non-negotiable."

She said the curriculum will also aim to widen students access to cultural subjects and "give pupils the knowledge and skills they need to thrive at work and throughout life".
news.sky.com...

Petition calling for Starmer to step down now stands at 136,658 signatures.

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Yeah, we had this when I was at school, it was the philosophy part of our RE course...

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Just over a whole 0.2%, Gortex, whoa!

But as I said, don't be disheartened, whoever started the petition can now request that it be considered by Parliament.

Chin up.

Personally, weighing up the options...

A hidden tracking tool in the website for Reform UK collected private browsing data about potentially millions of people, often without consent, and shared it with Facebook for use in targeted advertising.

An Observer investigation has found that people visiting the website for Nigel Farage’s anti-immigration party had details of their activity captured by a digital surveillance tool known as a Meta pixel.

The tracker – active in the run-up to the election, and as recently as last week – was triggered automatically on loading the Reform site, regardless of whether the person gave consent. It then sent a package of data to Facebook’s parent company, Meta, with details of which webpages had been viewed, when, and the ­buttons that were clicked.

In some cases, this included sensitive information that could reveal a person’s political beliefs, such as details of those accessing forms to become Reform UK members, linked to a unique Facebook user ID.

Reform UK has claimed that it prioritises privacy and resists “surveillance”, pledging in its manifesto to create a British bill of rights that would protect people’s “freedoms”. It says: “Our data and privacy must be protected. Surveillance of the public must be limited and those monitoring us held to account.”

www.theguardian.com...

Except when it's for profit presumably.

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: BrucellaOrchitis

Facebook Pixel.

Seems it's a commonly used analytics tool , guessing it's bad because Reform !

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Critical thinking and working out methods to prove or disprove claims are good but barely any kids that age watch or read the news apart from Newsround as its so boring and depressing. Those that do generally know quite a bit about world affairs and politics and can easilly see when newspapers and politicians are being misleading.

It's a big improvement and more relevant than having to study Shakespeare but will probably cause a lot of harm to their health or cause them to become massive cynics in later life.

I remember the run up to the 1st Gulf War and knowing it was all a load of bollocks as the US and Europe had been helping Saddam make nuclear, biological and chemical weapons since the 60s as he was an ally against Iran. After he used them against Iranian troops and Kurds; US and Europe tried to pretend they hadn't sold him them and a pointless war broke out - it was the main reason I got into journalism but made me a major cynical contrarian with no trust in authority.

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 05:15 AM
link   

I believe the issue is consent.

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrucellaOrchitis

I believe the issue is consent.

The Meta Pixel is a snippet of JavaScript code that allows you to track visitor activity on your website.
developers.facebook.com...

I think the issue here is a Left wing rag doing it's masters bidding by targeting Labours only real opposition , would you be surprised is Labour and the Conservatives use the same code for the same reasons , I wouldn't.

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

What about all the people you have labelled scum lately, if any of them get done over are you going to feel morally responsible?

Labeled scum for a reason SprocketUK, i mean if it looks like a duck and quacks like one, its a duck.

If you mean Farage, he's afraid of milkshakes, i would not want to see that hit but covered, hitting it would be a liberty.

As to Tate and Robinson, if they get done over, i certainly would not lose any sleep, as their bread and butter are violence to begin with.

Pray tell all the same why should i feel morally responsible?

I did not make them say what they did or choose to spread hatred and falsehoods.

Nor did i make or encourage people to go out and destroy our towns and cities via mobbing and rioting.

That was there of volition i think you may find.
edit on 11-8-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 06:02 AM
link   
This is what a British comedian has to say on the issue of free speech

m.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
a reply to: Kurokage

i assure you that the attacker was NOT a Christian.....

So you're saying religious people can do no wrong? Talk about being naive. You might want to take a look through history my friend.

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Elon Musk , today.

"Freedom of speech is the bedrock of democracy. If the truth is suppressed, it is impossible to make an informed voting decision.

The degree to which freedom of speech is being undermined around the world is extremely alarming.
x.com..."

But that's it in a nutshell right there, isn't it?
The freedom of speech and the 'truth' are two entirely different things, and people like Musk are trying to conflate them. This isn't about suppressing the truth or democracy, it's about sorting truth from lies, especially when those lies have serious consequences.
edit on 11-8-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: BrucellaOrchitis

I've not seen or heard any fleshed out plan by Reform but when Cameron was harping on about scrapping the Human Rights Act and replacing it with a 'British Bill of Rights' it was poorly disguised code for stripping people of essential rights for democracy to function and removing the right to life from disabled people.

I think people would be incredibly naive to think any political party or lobbyists want to give us more rights and freedoms but decades of false info from the press and politicians have convinced a large chunk of the population to think we should give up protections from slavery, torture, unfair trials, false imprisonment, freedom of thought, expression, privacy and free elections.

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

It seems we must accept our place in the herd and woe betide any who moo too much.

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Looks like things are going in the toilet for the UKs so called free speech and talking on the Internet.

Uk police chief threatens Elon musk

www.infowars.com...

Asked whether the Metropolitan Police planned on charging people posting on social media from other countries, Rowley replied: “Being a keyboard warrior does not make you safe from the law,” and named “the likes of Elon Musk” as potential targets for investigation.

The terrible crime Elon committed is acknowledging these facts.

Musk shared a post on Saturday highlighting the disparity between the cases of Steven Mailen and Mustafa al Mbaidib. Mailen, 54, was sentenced to more than two years in prison on Friday for shouting and “gesticulating” at a police officer during a violent demonstration in Hartlepool last week; Al Mbaidib, a 27-year-old Jordanian national, was fined £26 ($33) last month for assaulting a female police officer in Bournemouth in May.

I guess I'm guilty now too.

But I never mind the bullocks 🙂

edit on 5310909America/Chicagoam11 by 5thHead because: 🇬🇧

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

The problem I see here mate is the government's efforts to control the narrative , speculation has always shared for any incident sometimes it's correct sometimes not the only difference now is that incidents like this people usually assume Muslim terrorism because of the previous examples we've been set.

The sharing of information you believe to be correct in a moving situation that turns out later to be false is a mistake , only in authoritarian dictatorships is it a criminal offence , mistakes happen.

posted on Aug, 11 2024 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: SprocketUK

What about all the people you have labelled scum lately, if any of them get done over are you going to feel morally responsible?

Labeled scum for a reason SprocketUK, i mean if it looks like a duck and quacks like one, its a duck.

If you mean Farage, he's afraid of milkshakes, i would not want to see that hit but covered, hitting it would be a liberty.

As to Tate and Robinson, if they get done over, i certainly would not lose any sleep, as their bread and butter are violence to begin with.

Pray tell all the same why should i feel morally responsible?

I did not make them say what they did or choose to spread hatred and falsehoods.

Nor did i make or encourage people to go out and destroy our towns and cities via mobbing and rioting.

That was there of volition i think you may find.

I wonder what would happen if the UK posters here reported you to their authorities for saying you think Tate and Robinson should be "done over". Stop breaking the law, mate.

This is how dangerous this whole thing has become. The idea that you could face changes for an innocuous statement because if could be considered a call for violence is insane.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join